Skip to content

Comments

• Oh, please, no…..it can’t happen.

• For the record, I don't think they'd move for him. They're so desperate for a promotion they'd surely look for a bigger name.

• They are a bit of a faux showbiz club who smack of needing a "name".

But Warburton wasn't really a name in that sense was he?

Even more incentive to get into those play-offs and go up. If we go up, no chance he'll leave,

• @Malone said:
    They are a bit of a faux showbiz club who smack of needing a "name".

But Warburton wasn't really a name in that sense was he?

Even more incentive to get into those play-offs and go up. If we go up, no chance he'll leave,

All the more reason why they might revert to at least someone with experience of promotion to the Prem, as Warburton hasn't worked out... or at least that's the hope

• Gareth’s achievement in not only getting a club of our size into the Championship once but then this season earning over 80 points in a league full of relative giants should if there was any logic make him high up the list of any Championship club looking for a manager.
    I have a feeling though that QPR will go for a ex-prem or foreign manager - Sean Dyche would be my bet
    To be honest Warburton seems to have done a solid job there but they seem to have expectations above their level. I’m not sure it’s that attractive a job.

• I was thinking Dyche too

• Russell Martin?

• Been a manager for three seasons and yet to finish in top half. Rumoured to interest Watford. Football is a funny world.

• Surely QPR, with their reputation for being a footballing side, even a fancy dan poor man's Chelsea, means they can't go for the likes of Dyche!?

• I worry every time the QPR job becomes available

• @Malone said:
    Surely QPR, with their reputation for being a footballing side, even a fancy dan poor man's Chelsea, means they can't go for the likes of Dyche!?

Desperation for promotion tends to take over eventually - it wouldn't be pretty, but Dyche might well get them up.

• @mooneyman said:
    Russell Martin?

I think he'll have a decent chance of taking Swansea up next season, but he is one of the best young coaches around.

• Didn't realise quite how young he was actually - only turned 36 in January!

• Brilliant coach in all aspects apart from winning football matches it seems. Three seasons managed top half finishes nil.

Perhaps he gets very good XG ratings though…..

• I'll worry about this on Monday.

• 1 hour and 20 mins wait for a @DevC comment.

I don't like this new world order.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    1 hour and 20 mins wait for a @DevC comment.

I don't like this new world order.

Probably having his mid morning nap!

• GA is not leaving.

• Ohhh, I just got the pun in the thread title ?

• If Franchise don't go up this year I wonder how long before someone comes in for Liam Manning.

• Not only QPR job up for grabs at the end of the season but looks like Blackburn not going to extend Mowbray’s contract. Isn’t that Ainsworth’s home town? . Both supposedly big clubs , is Ainsworth a big enough name? Hopefully not.

• Am I the only one who thinks the PNLs are going to have a hard time keeping Karl Robinson?

• edited April 2022

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    If Franchise don't go up this year I wonder how long before someone comes in for Liam Manning.

He's too good for them - nice bloke n all

• Warburton sounds like he uses his loaf

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Ohhh, I just got the pun in the thread title ?

Not sure I have. Unless……mmmmm …..unless it’s a corny one based on flour mill, dough and Warburton’s medium sliced bread.

• One more loss and he's toast, I heard

• Crumbs.

• GA will not want to get burnt!

• Who QPR appoint as their next manager should be the yeast of our worries right now

• He'd be earning a decent crust there though.