Skip to content

Start the mill up - Warburton thinks he's leaving QPR

Comments

• He would also get a large slice of dough for his wage budget.

• Unless he's telling porkies...

• Some half-baked bread puns in here...

• QPR forum not impressed at all at Warburtons sacking. Hot and cross yes - no puns though.

• He's not been sacked - out of contract

• Ainsworth also high in the betting for the Barnsley job. Worrying times .

• He doesn't fit Barnsley's managerial profile at all - plus why would he take another League One job?

• @floyd said:
    Am I the only one who thinks the PNLs are going to have a hard time keeping Karl Robinson?

Unless this is a joke - yes!

• @Last_Quarter said:

@floyd said:
    Am I the only one who thinks the PNLs are going to have a hard time keeping Karl Robinson?

Unless this is a joke - yes!

I don't think it'll even really be a case of keeping hold of him - he'll walk imo

• @floyd said:

Are there lots of clubs desperate to spend a lot of money to not get promoted? Would be a great fit for WRsDCFC after Wazza waltzes away perhaps

• Spending lots of money not to get promoted is the most popular business model outside the PL!

• I love GA but I fear that a manager (even a beloved former player) with a reputation for working wonders on a tight budget while playing anti-football will be courted by any team aiming for the exalted hallowed halls of The Premier League is unlikely. Of course, this being football, I may be proved to be a few slices short of a full loaf. I suspect plucky Wayne Rooney or Sean Dyce might get offered Blackburn and one of them progressive foreigners get QPR.

• Would be a pitta if he left

• Far too many buns on one thread for my liking

• I would have thought it would be a very Slimcea chance of GA, returning to Loftus road.

• Can confirm, no bread pun in title.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Can confirm, no bread pun in title.

Oh foc(accia) we all misunderstood

• QPR I would not worry too much about - I could see them trying to get someone like Sean Dyche. Blackburn on the other hand would be very worrying, and I am almost certain GA would take the job in a heartbeat if offered. Anyway, this is not a concern till Sunday (or May 22nd results dependent...)

• Loaftus> @ChasHarps said:

I would have thought it would be a very Slimcea chance of GA, returning to Loftus road.

Loaftus Road surely.

• @Brownie said:
    QPR I would not worry too much about - I could see them trying to get someone like Sean Dyche. Blackburn on the other hand would be very worrying, and I am almost certain GA would take the job in a heartbeat if offered. Anyway, this is not a concern till Sunday (or May 22nd results dependent...)

If anything I think the opposite...I can see QPR being an attraction for GA being down south where his family is settled, whereas Blackburn even with the local rivalry will surely go for a harshly sacked (IMO) Lancashire based manager with two promotions to the PL under his belt and I doubt GA would want to relocate that far at the moment. But as we all know, it's a funny old game.

• Last place on t’cv were old man Venkey’s place, it’wer like takin’ club ta top o’t world. T’werr much easier on’t way down though….
    Careful what you wish for Gaz, stay in the soft saff where we all luv ya.

• ‘Wanderers, as good today as it’s always been’

• edited April 2022

Given the hatred between Blackburn and Burnley, I cannot see Dyche going to Blackburn. However, given he was sacked some what unceremoniously perhaps he might!

• Rumour has it it’s the England job or nothing for GA

• I see on twitter that the "Scum" is suggesting Blackburn have shortlisted GA

• edited May 2022

I'm sure he'd take one look at the way they've treated Mowbray and go 'Nah', despite his obvious affinity for Rovers - we know how important it is to him that he has a proper relationship with the board etc.

• I agree

• edited May 2022

Venky's seem 'ok' - Blackburn fans don't seem particularly vocally against them (no more chickens on the pitch anyway) - but yeah, Gaz knows his own value and good on him!