Skip to content

Man of the Match - Sheffield Wednesday

13»

Comments

• Knowing Ainsworth, not a chance Wing will start next week.

• Unless he’s in one of the more attacking positions (i.e., not for Gape)

• Gape is the only player I can think of who comes back from each injury better than he was before.

• With goal difference quite likely to be key, who do we think is the more likely to score - Gape or Wing?

Perhaps Gape will start and, once again, run himself into the ground, with Wing replacing him on 65 minutes or thereabouts, raring to go but remembering not to be too forceful in challenging for the ball. Other scenarios are available!

• Keith Ryan used to do it as well, I suspect it's a testament to how hard they have worked while they were away from the public eye

• Apologies @eric_plant for planting myself between your comment and the one you were commenting on!

• Depends on whether Fleetwood can pull of a shock against Wednesday, but chances are we'll have to go out with the mindset of scoring a fair few goals - and Scowen-Wing gives us the balance for that (plus you get the threat of Wing's long-range shooting). Of course Gape has been excellent since coming back, but horses for courses. Let's see what the course looks like after Tuesday night...

• A draw would be a shock but by no means out of the question. A very welcome shock.

• @micra said:
    A draw would be a shock but by no means out of the question. A very welcome shock.

Need a Fleetwood win for it to be fully in our hands!

• @micra said:
    A draw would be a shock but by no means out of the question. A very welcome shock.

@micra said:

The boost to us if SW lose midweek would give to us would be huge.

• Who scored the winner at Chesterfield?

• When I was student during the 'everyone even homeless people can have credit' years the Burtons staff offered me a store card when buying a top or something. Forgot about it and had threatening letters for ages after. We must beat these people.

• @eric_plant said:
    Keith Ryan used to do it as well, I suspect it's a testament to how hard they have worked while they were away from the public eye

You're right, good shout!

• I’m hoping the same will be true of Nick Freeman.

I know it’s very subjective but isn’t there a case for saying that Thommo has also come back better each time?

• I agree with @ReturnToSenda - I'd definitely expect to see Wing back starting, especially given the context of the game.

• Before we get carried away with talk of scoring a lot of goals, let’s not forget that the first priority is to win the game and being defensively sound is the best way to achieve that. Let’s also remember that in their last 3 home games Burton have drawn with Plymouth and Wigan and beaten Rotherham. This is not a game in which we can afford to take risks.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Before we get carried away with talk of scoring a lot of goals, let’s not forget that the first priority is to win the game and being defensively sound is the best way to achieve that. Let’s also remember that in their last 3 home games Burton have drawn with Plymouth and Wigan and beaten Rotherham. This is not a game in which we can afford to take risks.

That's quite a disturbing run of that form that one!
    Sounds like they enjoy being party poopers.

However, we're on a strong run ourselves, and you'd back us to put the max effort in when/if there's something big to aim for.

• Few hours on and seen the goal time and time again. Brilliant by all 3 / 4 players involved but Horgan especially. I’ve wanted so much from Daryl but until recently he’s caused me nothing but frustration. So what’s changed? And now is he moving away from the sorry but its time to part ways column to must have a new contract column?