Skip to content

Man of the Match - Sheffield Wednesday

Be still my beating heart!

Poll not found

Comments

• Ah...everyone's voted for Forino so far other than me.

To be fair, I would have too...were it not for Horgan's essential decision not to go for goal himself (even though he had a shot), and pass it to Obita. Don't think we'd have seen that from Mehmeti. Clear game-changer.

• Foz was unbelievable today.

• No wonder Gareth’s eyes light up at the mention of his name. Forino, that is.

• Forino really showed today why he is keeping Stewart out, absolutely top performance

Horgan had a belter of a game & Scowen was, well Scowanesque again

• Forino. Immense.

• I went with Forino too. Any other day it would have been close between Obita, Scowen and Horgan, but Chris was incredible today. And only his sixth professional game.

• Sixth? I thought Phil said it was his 16th. Could be hard to hang on to.

• @floyd Sixth? And the rest!

• 16 has a six in it!

• So it does!

• Taf & Forino absolutely immense. Forino edged the second half but Taf almost single handedly kept Wednesday at bay in the first so went for him.

• Went with Taf as well. But both CBs superb against tough opponents

• I thought Taffs, Forino, Scowen and Gape were standouts in yet another good team performance. Went for Forino as Josh is going to win it over the season anyway!

• Wasn't all pretty, didn't get everything first attempt but held of their big bastard's and brought home the points, for a guy from the University to make the numbers up in a practice match he's come a long way. Sky's the limit.

• Taf this time but happy with Forino winning the vote both were immense and a special mention for Horgan played his socks off and set up Obita rather than going for glory himself

• That is one of the most standout individual performances I’ve ever seen at Adams Park from Chris Forino-Joseph. Exceptional!

• Yep, I gave it to Forino, but equally I could have given it to Taf. Forino got my vote as his experience is virtually zilch by comparison.

• Forino was unbelievable, absolute joke he didn't get the official award

A real coming of age performance

• I have no idea if Stewart will stay or go, but his successor is already in the building and that's great.

• edited April 2022

Forino and Taff are our best defensive pairing since Bates and McCarthy. Both immense but tossed a coin for Forino.

• Mehmeti...Forino...our club's eye for talent others do not see

• If Forino played all season he would have a shot at POTS. What a find.

• Mad to think he was playing non league and took a year out to study. Credit to the club for finding him.

You'd have to say if someone offered any less than £500k for him we would turn it down.

There must be more out there. The future is bright

• Come on now. Own up. Who genuinely thought Sam Vokes was Man of the Match? Reasons (if any)?

• @micra lovely flick onto Horgan in the build up to the goal.

• A wonderful team performance. Went Forino but could have been many others.
      Taf was also superb
      Gape and Scowen put in one hell of a shift especially after being out muscled 1st half on occasions
      Horgan was excellent
      Finally Vokes got little change out of Dunkley today but persistence paid off in the end as his flick on set up Horgan to brilliantly assist Obita

Can’t wait for Burton COUB

• Vokes was well.marshalled...but started to get a bit of change out of the defence a couple of times before the goal. He had them worried throughout though. Very selfless from Horgan to set up Obita as well.

• I can see why someone might vote Vokes today, hell of a shift all over the pitch including some brilliant defending.

• McCarthy must be chuffed to get a vote for MOM

• Thanks @floyd and @Mandown. I must have missed that flick on. Given that, arguably, it led to what could become the most vital goal of the season, that is a good enough reason. And thank goodness Horgan squared it! He has silenced most of his critics over the past few months but you wouldn’t have put much money on him scoring from the position he squared the ball to Obita.