Skip to content

Season tickets 2022/23 - prices held

13»

Comments

• edited April 2022

@johnthehair said:
    Two points to add to the discussion. 1. It has always been difficult to watch liveFootball when you have a young family I missed lots of seasons because your family come first. 2. If the Couhigs hadn’t invested when they did we wouldn’t have a football club.

I agree to a point, but number 2 isn't quite true is it? We wouldn't have as competitive a club, but we'd have still had a club, just one where we had to cut our cloth accordingly which may well mean a ceiling of mid league 2.

• @Malone said:

@johnthehair said:
    Two points to add to the discussion. 1. It has always been difficult to watch liveFootball when you have a young family I missed lots of seasons because your family come first. 2. If the Couhigs hadn’t invested when they did we wouldn’t have a football club.

I agree to a point, but number 2 isn't quite true is it? We wouldn't have as competitive a club, but we'd have still had a club, just one where we had to cut our cloth accordingly which may well mean a ceiling of mid league 2.

We'd cut our cloth accordingly for a good 5 years or so, cut it to the core tbh and were still losing about £500k a year with sources of borrowing exhausted, Its fair to say someone else could have stepped in or we could have had some luck or eeked it out longer or but simply getting relegated a few times wouldn't have made us more profitable. It would have blocked off some options too.

• If the Couhigs hadn't of invested then Denis Bergkamp and his mates would've instead

• I'm normally a terrace-dweller, but for the last few games my eldest (5) has decided that he'd like to start coming with me, and has been to the last 3 home games. The pricing for the family stand is excellent, and I'm very happy to pay an extra fiver to sit there. The trouble is that the only tickets that seem to be available are right in the corner of the stand where the view isn't great. I've taken him up to the Frank Adams once, but I can't afford to do that every week. He'd much prefer to be able to see what's going on that to be close to the players.

I've never had a season ticket becuase I can't quite make it to enough games to make it work - especially with so many on a Tuesday night, and work taking away a few Saturdays. The thing about a five year old is that he can't come to evening games, so I can't really justify a season ticket for him either, and I'll be in the terrace when I'm on my own.

I'm happy to pay more for myself to sit in the Frank Adams, but I'd love the club to make the price the same for kids up there as it is in the Family Stand. We'd sit there every time if it were more affordable and I think there's a much greater chance he'd want to come back every week.

• Years ago, I used to advocate for cheaper youth prices in the FA upper on those very grounds, but now it's getting busier I suspect that's even less likely than it ever was.

If they did it, I suspect quite a few would go for it and then you'd have kids at bargain prices taking up the best seats in the house. Might work if they restricted it to the two blocks right at the end I suppose.

• @hopping_wanderer there were loads of adult season ticker holders in the family stand when I used to go with my nipper...mainly complaining about all the kids in the stand.

• @Glenny said:
    I'm normally a terrace-dweller, but for the last few games my eldest (5) has decided that he'd like to start coming with me, and has been to the last 3 home games. The pricing for the family stand is excellent, and I'm very happy to pay an extra fiver to sit there. The trouble is that the only tickets that seem to be available are right in the corner of the stand where the view isn't great. I've taken him up to the Frank Adams once, but I can't afford to do that every week. He'd much prefer to be able to see what's going on that to be close to the players.

I've never had a season ticket becuase I can't quite make it to enough games to make it work - especially with so many on a Tuesday night, and work taking away a few Saturdays. The thing about a five year old is that he can't come to evening games, so I can't really justify a season ticket for him either, and I'll be in the terrace when I'm on my own.

I'm happy to pay more for myself to sit in the Frank Adams, but I'd love the club to make the price the same for kids up there as it is in the Family Stand. We'd sit there every time if it were more affordable and I think there's a much greater chance he'd want to come back every week.

Can't blame you for your cake and then eating it @Glenny but expanding kids pricing to the whole stadium is an awgul thought for me. A good two seasons of having uninterested children kicking my seat and throwing food everywhere thankfully came to an end when the Couhig's changed the pricing.
    Plenty of places for the kids so please don't take the last sanctuary of a grump who did his kids stuff years ago.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Years ago, I used to advocate for cheaper youth prices in the FA upper on those very grounds, but now it's getting busier I suspect that's even less likely than it ever was.

If they did it, I suspect quite a few would go for it and then you'd have kids at bargain prices taking up the best seats in the house. Might work if they restricted it to the two blocks right at the end I suppose.

I think the Couhigs actually quoted this discounts for the best seats thing and specifically removed it didn't they?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Glenny said:
    I'm normally a terrace-dweller, but for the last few games my eldest (5) has decided that he'd like to start coming with me, and has been to the last 3 home games. The pricing for the family stand is excellent, and I'm very happy to pay an extra fiver to sit there. The trouble is that the only tickets that seem to be available are right in the corner of the stand where the view isn't great. I've taken him up to the Frank Adams once, but I can't afford to do that every week. He'd much prefer to be able to see what's going on that to be close to the players.

Can't blame you for your cake and then eating it @Glenny but expanding kids pricing to the whole stadium is an awgul thought for me. A good two seasons of having uninterested children kicking my seat and throwing food everywhere thankfully came to an end when the Couhig's changed the pricing.
    Plenty of places for the kids so please don't take the last sanctuary of a grump who did his kids stuff years ago.

Whereas I do see your point, the fact is, there isn’t many places in the ground to take an under 12. Not allowed in the terrace. And the family stand has sold out the last 2 matches and this I expect to happen more frequently. For some parents who won’t justify paying so much more for an under 12 up the top they may just decide to visit Vipienne instead.

• Whereas I do see your point, the fact is, there isn’t many places in the ground to take an under 12. Not allowed in the terrace. And the family stand has sold out the last 2 matches and this I expect to happen more frequently. For some parents who won’t justify paying so much more for an under 12 up the top they may just decide to visit Vipienne instead.

I would never buy a season ticket in the Family Stand because it gets no sun in the winter and is exposed to the elements if it rains, especially if it is a cold wind blowing from the north. The stand is also low down so the view is a lot worse than the Upper Frank Adams.

If you have two kids, one being a Child and the other a Junior then you are not allowed in the terrace and the cost of the Family Stand is £494 for three season tickets. The only other option you have with a Child is the highest priced tickets at £969 for a season ticket. Next year my youngest will also be a Junior, meaning the price would go from £570 for three season tickets in the Family Stand to £1064 in the Frank Adams Upper.

The other thing I have noticed is many adults sitting in the Family Stand without children.

I really think they need a middle ground offering for families who do not wish to sit in the Family Stand but want a better view, not to be exposed to rain and a good value ticket for the Family.

The outer three blocks K,L,M and R,S,T in the Frank Adams Upper are nearly always less than half full. Only the three games this season that Block M and R have been over half full and they are more central.

• There are barely any kids around my daughter and I in the family stand. Mainly single grumpy old men who complain about children chatting or occasionally knocking their seat.

• There are definitely a few who have bought a kids ticket next to them to have more room for their flasks and equipment.

• Funnily enough I liked the family stand for being close to the action which is why I like the Main stand now...although there are some older folks who talk throughout the game and keep having to go to the toilet.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Funnily enough I liked the family stand for being close to the action which is why I like the Main stand now...although there are some older folks who talk throughout the game and keep having to go to the toilet.

Talking at a game?
    Should be an immediate kicking out offence.

They'll be clapping and cheering next!

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Funnily enough I liked the family stand for being close to the action which is why I like the Main stand now...although there are some older folks who talk throughout the game and keep having to go to the toilet.

No chance!

• Maybe next season there will be a commercial opportunity to offer / promote upgrades from the Terrace to the outer blocks in the upper Frank Adams for Season Ticket holders or to discount tickets to a group if you are buying in say Blocks R and S (and whatever they are at the other end.)

I have a season for the Terrace and sat in Block R or S for several games once I was well enough to be able to be there. The upgrade was £8 which I thought was reasonable. It is now possible to do that upgrade online for individual games.

Just for those underused blocks - 10% for buying two tickets within the same social / family group, 20% for four or more might well work well. I didn't hear much swearing in Blocks R and S although for most of the games they were mostly empty.

I suppose those sort of discounts would still be welcome even if we are playing Championship football next year with 7000+ home supporters every game.

• I think with a crowd of 8,000 every week we have to make some allowance for the behaviour of our fellow fans, even if it annoys us.

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:

Talking at a game?
    Should be an immediate kicking out offence.

It is true disussion about the problems with Steve and Gary in the warehouse were halted for a few seconds when we scored. Then it was back to.logistics. To be fair they did not kick the back of anyone's chair, or ask if they could go home at 70 minutes.?