Skip to content

Season tickets 2022/23 - prices held

Ronseal

Comments

• So we now have to pay to listen to what the chairman has to say? Hmm

• edited April 2022

Ok, the club tweeted a clip containing that particular (very positive) announcement, but still...

• I'm going to be a grump sorry. Still to Expensive, and yes I'll still pay it nevertheless, guess that's the problem.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    So we now have to pay to listen to what the chairman has to say? Hmm

Don't really have an issue with this. WanderersTV is clearly an important revenue line the club want to grow and this is the content that will attract most fans. I appreciate it is an additional cost, but hopefully £4.50 a month isn't out of reach for a lot of people.

• @Last_Quarter said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    So we now have to pay to listen to what the chairman has to say? Hmm

Don't really have an issue with this. WanderersTV is clearly an important revenue line the club want to grow and this is the content that will attract most fans. I appreciate it is an additional cost, but hopefully £4.50 a month isn't out of reach for a lot of people.

I don't have an issue with paying for what is clearly very good content; I just don't think the big boss should ever be behind a paywall.

• Fair enough. I suspect if we had access to the stats we'd see that the interviews with Rob and GA are among the most watched bits of content on WanderersTV. Therefore the bits that it's least sensible to offer free.

Also he's done events before that were only available to Trust members. Not really sure that's any different.

• God some people like a moan, not only is this a welcome message but the man is hardly shy with his opinions or interviews. The nature of the channel is extended info and deep dives. He gave the announcement for free and said there will be proper notifications along soon, and he'll no doubt be interviewed by Phil, the BFP and various others. They also gave this access to anyone who didn't ask for a refund on their season ticket.

• Has he borrowed that shirt off @bluntphil?

• @drcongo Rob now has his own Mardi Gras shirt!

It’s an official New Orleans Jazz Festival shirt from the early 00s and they are still available:

https://art4now.com/collections/bayouwear/products/hawaiian-shirt-gator-print

• @drcongo said:
    Has he borrowed that shirt off @bluntphil?

It's the new goalkeepers strip!

• Imagine this pattern as our change kit.

• I wouldn't want to wear that every week

Wembley one's seem only polite though

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I'm going to be a grump, sorry. It's still too expensive, and yes, I'll still pay for it nevertheless; I guess that's the problem.

Don't apologise for raising your opinion, although I understand it's challenging to grow as people have such an overhyped love for the Couhigs and take any negative comments as blasphemy. It's far too expensive for working-class youngers and families to go. The game was lost to that demographic a long time ago, but still worth critising. How much profit did we make from the Championship season? How much extra are we generating through iFollow? Why can't a massive proportion of that be used for the next five years to reduce ticket prices?

• You make some fair arguments @Bacon_Sandwich but we had cheap ticket prices for many years under the Trust and attendances didn't really grow. It's widely acknowledged that this is one of the best teams we've ever had - we have to pay for it somehow.

• Oh and for balance, £28 in the Frank Adams for an adult matchday ticket is madness. It's no wonder that part of the ground tomorrow will still have hundreds of empty seats.

• Was anyone expecting them to go down?

• edited April 2022

@Last_Quarter said:
    Oh and for balance, £28 in the Frank Adams for an adult matchday ticket is madness.

Bloody hell

• What is this 'over-hyped love for the Couhigs'? Have I missed something?

• Hasn't it been about £28 in the FA for years now?

• When you consider most concerts are £40+ and that's usually 1) standing; 2) is over in under 90 mins; 3) significant travel cost.

We're:

• Top half League 1
    • Affluent Bucks / higher cost of living
    • Fantastic view of pitch / background scenery

£28 for that isn't bad at all in my opinion.

• Premier League clubs aren't allowed to charge more than £30 for away fans; £28 is disgraceful at this level and we're far from the only club doing it.

• It takes a lot to bring the Gasroom together, but we can all agree that £28 for third tier (or even second tier) football is too much.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Premier League clubs aren't allowed to charge more than £30 for away fans; £28 is disgraceful at this level and we're far from the only club doing it.

£28 is a home ticket price. Premier League clubs (even likes of Burnley, £40) charge well above that. Wimbledon's main stand is £30-32. They're likely to be in League 2 next season. Are they a disgrace? You're calling 90%+ of professional football clubs in the South a disgrace.

This season has been our highest average attendance since 2003. Calling the price a disgrace is exaggerative.

• edited April 2022

It's £17 for a child in the FA as well. So £45 for parent & child or £90 for a family of 4. Not particularly cheap, particularly as the FA is rarely more than 50% full!

• The problem is that an awful lot of affluent people in affluent Bucks tend to prefer to nip up to London to watch Premier League football. The key to success over a longer period is filling the ground with under 12s who will have an allegiance to WW for life and also affordable season-tickets. How about discounts off food & beverage for season-ticket holders?

• @floyd said:
    It takes a lot to bring the Gasroom together, but we can all agree that £28 for third tier (or even second tier) football is too much.

Doesn’t seem like it!

• @frequentstander said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Premier League clubs aren't allowed to charge more than £30 for away fans; £28 is disgraceful at this level and we're far from the only club doing it.

Wimbledon's main stand is £30-32. They're likely to be in League 2 next season. Are they a disgrace? You're calling 90%+ of professional football clubs in the South a disgrace.

Yes and yes

• @A_Worboys said:
    The problem is that an awful lot of affluent people in affluent Bucks tend to prefer to nip up to London to watch Premier League football. The key to success over a longer period is filling the ground with under 12s who will have an allegiance to WW for life and also affordable season-tickets. How about discounts off food & beverage for season-ticket holders?

Is it? We spent most of the 00s and 10s filling with cheap under 12s and how many of them converted? I don't see many in the 25-40 age bracket at games.

Better standard of football (and media attention from Akinfenwa) has brought people to Wycombe in recent seasons imo.

• edited April 2022

As a comparison, Villarreal are selling tickets for their CL semi-final with Liverpool at just over £33 for non-season ticket holders...