Skip to content

Season tickets 2022/23 - prices held

Comments

• Also, our average this season has been heavily skewed by a few games with big away followings - what's the average home-only attendance?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    As a comparison, Villarreal are selling tickets for their CL semi-final with Liverpool at just over £33 for non-season ticket holders...

And are an outlier, even in Spain top flight: "Spanish home fans without season tickets will pay an average of €39.57 for a ticket in the next two matchdays, based on the prices of the 14 clubs with tickets available across the next two games.

That’s more than the average set by Premier League (€37.93) and Serie A (€33) clubs compared to the last figures available, which are from the 2019/20 season, and those prices don’t include Real Madrid or Sevilla, who don’t have tickets available."

Source: https://www.football-espana.net/2021/10/19/la-liga-accessable-fans-prices

I'm not saying that we are amazingly priced but very quick evaluation suggests we are by no means extortionately priced vs. comparable clubs.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Also, our average this season has been heavily skewed by a few games with big away followings - what's the average home-only attendance?

Also heavily skewed with higher than average Tuesday night games.

• I'm just saying it can be done. On the plus side, the family stand seems very good value if you've got kids with you.

• £26 in the Stand Once Known as Beechdean.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    As a comparison, Villarreal are selling tickets for their CL semi-final with Liverpool at just over £33 for non-season ticket holders...

You need to compare Apples with Apples.

The highest price for a Wycombe ticket is £28 and you get the best view in the stadium for this in the Frank Adams Upper in Block N,P and Q.

Buying a seat for the Villarreal game in a central block with the best view is just shy of £60 for a season ticket holder. I understand that when they go on general sale (if they don't sell out first) the price will be £75-£80 for non season ticket holders.

• I always find these comparisons hard...it's like going to a pub in London when you really want a drink and saying 'How much???' you usually end up paying rather than tramping around looking for a cheaper pub.

• @wwfcblue and they're only playing Liverpool - robbery.

• The £28 is low for a one off event, however we have 23 events every season, plus another 2/3 Cup games at home.

Our £500 season tickets in the FA Upper are one of the highest for a seat on the half way line in League One.

I have two boys who also come with me to games, or did. The season ticket price shot up from £396 for the three of us in 2019/20 to £969 in 2020/21. The £396 was too cheap, however the £969 is daylight robbery for League 1. I could move down to the Family Stand away from my other friends and get wet and cold for the sum of £494, which I think is good value. If you have children under 18 you are heavily penalised away from the Family Stand and are not even allowed in the terrace if you have an under 12. A solution to this would be to have cheaper child tickets in the Frank Adams Upper in Blocks K,L,M,R,S+T, allowing the three central blocks to be high priced tickets only.

I now cherry pick home games, as work and holidays mean I can normally only attend 15-18 games a season at home. This year I have been to 14 home games, my 11 year old 6 games and my 15 year old has been twice. A total of £498.

If we want success on the pitch at League One level then the high prices and little, if no discounting are how it has to be. I'm not happy with the high pricing for everything but I understand why and make my choices accordingly with games, parking, food and merchandise.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Up the Blues!

• @woodlands said:
    @wwfcblue and they're only playing Liverpool - robbery.

?

• If you expect the Couhigs to reduce the price of tickets, then you have to accept that there will be less allocated to the wage budget which will inevitably result in lower standard of player. Simple maths, you can't have both.

• Surely that depends on how many extra people might come if the price was lower

• At least we can all agree ticket prices are more reasonable than the food prices!

• I agree with @wwfcblue that the end block/s of the upper FA should be considered as a Family area. I’ve said this for years and it also gets younger fans used to a better view which in the long run could be good financially. If it pisses down with rain I don’t take the kids as we are lower tier. I’d happily pay a little more to have a seat in a Family Area of the upper tier but as a family it’s simply unaffordable to pay a full child’s price up there.

It needs serious consideration IMO as clearly based on the last few games we cannot supply the demand in the Family Area and the last / only place not too sell out is the upper tier.

• The kids do love getting right next to the pitch and chatting to the players and getting autographs and stuff though

I'd make the old main stand the family stand and convert the current family stand back to a terrace

• @eric_plant said:
    The kids do love getting right next to the pitch and chatting to the players and getting autographs and stuff though

I'd make the old main stand the family stand and convert the current family stand back to a terrace

With safestanding already in an area of the lower tier I could see this happening / increasing. I just think if families / young fans are deemed as so important then an area with a better view added to the family stand we have shouldn’t be overlooked. The old main stand is crap (sorry!) unless you are in the back 3 rows because the sun is in your eyes. Frank Adams stand ticket holders vote with their feet and very few occupy the outer block at either end, and as I mentioned above we have begun outselling the current family stand which will occur more often if we continue our upward trajectory.

• edited April 2022

@frequentstander said:
    When you consider most concerts are £40+ and that's usually 1) standing; 2) is over in under 90 mins; 3) significant travel cost.

We're:

• Top half League 1
    • Affluent Bucks / higher cost of living
    • Fantastic view of pitch / background scenery

£28 for that isn't bad at all in my opinion.

You probably pick and choose a few concerts a year though, and it's the top ones that are that much.
    Not at least 23 3rd tier ones a season.

EDIT I see @wwfcblue already made this point :)

After such a whop up of prices for last season, there wasn't a chance in hell they could move them up again this season.

• I didn't expect the prices to go down at all next season, and I'm happy they are the same as this year. But they are still too expensive for 3rd tier football In my opinion. If we have to cut our cloth so be it, after all isn't that what we've been telling Derby to do all season ? I'm starting to get on a bit now and after years of standing In the terrace I'd love to be able to go up and have a sit down in the Frank Adams, but nearly 500 quid for a ticket is a bit to much I'm afraid. Don't worry I'll still be there next season as always, but sorry if your stood next to me hearing me moaning about my knees and back.

• Maybe we should create a corner where individuals of more senior years could stand/lean on a barrier together and share our aches and pains @HolmerBlue?
    Personally I'm hoping for safe standing on the terrace behind the goal, as I enjoy the atmosphere better. Although as @Glenactico mentions above perhaps back row of the main stand could be the answer for us?

• I remember when Blocks S and T in the Frank Adams were cheaper than P, Q and R. But as it wasn't that busy, lots of people (me included) used to shuffle along into the more expensive block. I assume that's why they stopped bothering.

• I assume it was the same at the other end of the Frank Adams, but that is a mysterious portal that would be too weird to countenance sitting in.

• People getting a free kid's ticket, but not either having a kid or bringing a kid, so they had some space next to them, was the more disturbing one.

• Of you could become a subscriber. In my case it’s £36 a month (I think) which seems pretty reasonable to just rock up whenever I want (and get fleeced on the food prices if I so wish).

• I agree with the comments, too pricey. The Family Stand is not too bad at £22, though I converted to the terrace with a far inferior view this season (to be wth mates).

I believe that as an unaccompanied adult male, I am no longer welcome in the Family Stand. I wish the upper-tier wings were cheaper.

• The subscriber thing works for me, no need to find a chunk of cash in one hit.

We've paid more in recent years but that's been reflected in the quality of player we can put on the pitch these days. I'd love it if our football followed a lower cost model, but it doesn't and probably never will.

• @Hopping_Wanderer No restrictions on the family stand, plenty of solo ST holders in there!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    @Hopping_Wanderer No restrictions on the family stand, plenty of solo ST holders in there!

Well, maybe double check, but I've had no problem buying individual match tickets in there.

• Two points to add to the discussion. 1. It has always been difficult to watch liveFootball when you have a young family I missed lots of seasons because your family come first. 2. If the Couhigs hadn’t invested when they did we wouldn’t have a football club.

• I don’t think point 2 is quite true, but we certainly wouldn’t be in the third tier on 80 points.