Skip to content

Adams Park access

13»

Comments

• @throwaway123 said:
    The club have tweeted to say the shuttle from the train station is not running tomorrow. They recommend the 32 bus, but this won't help after the game unless you leave very early.

Not on twitter, but I've just looked on the club website and it talks about the bus picking up at the station at 6.15 and 7pm and returning after the match at 10pm?

• @bicester_blue said:

@throwaway123 said:
    The club have tweeted to say the shuttle from the train station is not running tomorrow. They recommend the 32 bus, but this won't help after the game unless you leave very early.

Not on twitter, but I've just looked on the club website and it talks about the bus picking up at the station at 6.15 and 7pm and returning after the match at 10pm?

Yes a late change -= the bus shuttle from the station is now running
    https://www.wwfc.com/news/2022/march/15/the-big-match-preview--wycombe-vs-fleetwood-town/

• Yet, because of the original thought process, I gave a lift to help an elderly fan out who normally gets that bus from the station. Told me that his dad took him to his 1st Wycombe game in 1944! Helped make me think that I am a spring chicken at 63!!!

• Nice one Ewan. No doubt it was a better experience than on the bus anyway.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Yet, because of the original thought process, I gave a lift to help an elderly fan out who normally gets that bus from the station. Told me that his dad took him to his 1st Wycombe game in 1944! Helped make me think that I am a spring chicken at 63!!!

Blimey ?. First game in 1944 and still supporting. The club should give him a lifetime season ticket as a thank you.

• Until the 2019-20 season he went to all away games on the supporters coach and, for a period of about 60 years, I believe he only missed two or three games home and away! A remarkable achievement. Some would say utter madness.

• Would be interesting to calculate his total expenditure over those 60 years @micra.

• @mooneyman - I’m ringing him this afternoon. He used to do the books for a local electronics firm and is, shall we say, meticulous when it comes to financial matters so it wouldn’t surprise me if he has a rough idea. But the multiplicity and changing levels of cost between clubs, seasons, types of transport etc would make this a Herculean task and perhaps not one to expect an 88 year old to undertake!

• @micra said:
    Until the 2019-20 season he went to all away games on the supporters coach and, for a period of about 60 years, I believe he only missed two or three games home and away! A remarkable achievement. Some would say utter madness.

That's an amazing attendance record. Bet he's got some amazing stories to tell

• I'm guessing that he may well hold the all-time record for number of Wycombe games attended, not that there's any way that could be verified. An incredible attendance record.

• Some needs to buy this guy lunch and put a tape recorder on the table. He's supported us for about 60% of our existence!

• @bluntphil Get him on Ringing the Blues!

• @drcongo said:
    @bluntphil Get him on Ringing the Blues!

Great idea. Sure @bluntphil could dm @micra to get his contact details?

• My calculations suggested that my may have paid for the entire terrace stand in that time. Seems only fitting that they rename it in his honour.