Skip to content

Adams Park access

How much would it cost for a simple tram/monorail on Hillbottom road that only operates on matchdays?

A bottleneck cleared. A more attractive and unique 'customer experience'

Comments

• Obviously it takes wdc to ratify any imaginative intelligent ideas. So no chance I suppose

• Where would you have it? Up behind the car park in the woods? Or on the walking route a bit higher up?

• So the heavy goods vehicles that regularly park on Hillbottom Road will be parking on tramlines instead of yellow lines.

• Or perhaps a flotilla of hot air balloons which get shot down by fireworks to land in the lower car park? Oh wait wind in the wrong direction might scupper this unique customer experience.

• Sign me up for the hot air balloons. ?

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Sign me up for the hot air balloons. ?

But where would we get all the hot air? Oh, no , think we'll be fine.

• I can’t see us being short of that @StrongestTeam

• A rare chance for me to enjoy a snippet of a programme that mrs micra just doesn’t ‘get’ ! Love the “…and that includes your teacher”.

• I've said before: chairlift

• A quick bag of a fag packet calculation suggests that a monorail would cost in the region of £224 million per mile. Possible a little outside either our or WDC's budget.

• edited March 2022

The Millbrook school walk in is good, albeit 160 spaces only. Still surprised it's that many, but clearly fewer than the initial 220 quoted.

Are there any other decent places with space to either walk in from or park n ride? I know fans traditionally don't like these.

The Handy Cross one used to be a great site, opposite the cinema, but clearly has been built on now!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I've said before: chairlift

I would pay good money to watch people who can’t walk 300 paces from the school car park dismount a moving chairlift.

chairlift_barmyarmy

• By your average football fan standard, Millbrook is a hell of a walk in fairness.

• It really isn’t, it’s about a mile.

You’d do further walking around a shopping centre.

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    It really isn’t, it’s about a mile.

Ah, but do football fans walk round a shopping centre?

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    It really isn’t, it’s about a mile.

That's a long walk for your average football fan, who works off a diet of booze and burgers.

• If a shrinking ray could be applied to all people and cars, and then reversed upon entry to the stadium itself, there would be plenty of space.

• There is still a decent farm track shown on the map that ends up on the Lane End Road.
    I wonder if getting that upgraded to be used strictly for exit from the car park has ever been looked into. Perhaps it has and the estate won't play ball?

• @LX1 said:
    Obviously it takes wdc to ratify any imaginative intelligent ideas. So no chance I suppose

Sadly WDC has gone to that great legislative in the sky. Everything is now Buckinghamshire Council.

My personal idea would be to have an extension built to the Marylebone to Birmingham line that goes underground and emerges somewhere near the burger van.

• edited March 2022

@wingnut said:
    There is still a decent farm track shown on the map that ends up on the Lane End Road.
    I wonder if getting that upgraded to be used strictly for exit from the car park has ever been looked into. Perhaps it has and the estate won't play ball?

I think when people have posed similar before there was talk that the Estate would only play ball if they were granted the ability to build on current green belt land too?
    Am sure someone knows more in depth than that.

The only thing that Rugby seemed to do better was that their fans apparently left the ground in a more staggered fashion, with more happier to hang about in the ground after.

Obviously we'd be encouraging designated drivers to be part of every car of these people that would be encouraged to stay for more of a drink to let the crowds disperse..

• I don't think we need to worry about access and parking, we'll all be turning up as telepresence robots soon anyway.

• Can’t believe the club haven’t approached the Artisan(?) building on the right as you enter Hillbottom Road. Loads of empty parking there on Saturdays including a double deck car park. Presumably the owners don’t want to know about it.

• You'd imagine the club would have as a minimum contacted every company down that road.

• My understanding is that your presumption is correct

• Am I mis-remembering that the site above used to make GM foods or something borderline controversial?
    Back then you could understand not wanting randoms near it!

• It’s still them, they’ve just changed their name a few times since Monsanto.

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    It’s still them, they’ve just changed their name a few times since Monsanto.

Ah, well, that explains why it's an absolute non starter idea!

My company used to work next door to a pharma company at an industrial estate, and their people were the absolute worst.
    Whinging about car parking, or at worst, complaining at people having the audacity to walk past their windows!

• So...maybe we look at other parking locations then :)