Skip to content

Adams Park access

Comments

• I remember one New Year’s Day fixture in the Monsanto years when there was a flowering daffodil right next to their fence.

Always wondered if it was a test.

• Bloody hell, I didn't realise Monbiot had been around that long

• He went to school with Adam and Joe and Louis Theroux.

• @perfidious_albion said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    I've said before: chairlift

I would pay good money to watch people who can’t walk 300 paces from the school car park dismount a moving chairlift.

If @PrinceOfCrowell is correct in his estimate of the distance from Mill End School to Adams Park (about a mile) each pace would need to be about 18 feet long. Quite a stretch for the average fan. And an absolute killer having to repeat the feat at five o’clock. Or worse still (? a fate worse than death) at 9.45 pm.

• @micra said:

If @PrinceOfCrowell is correct in his estimate of the distance from Mill End School to Adams Park (about a mile) each pace would need to be about 18 feet long. Quite a stretch for the average fan. And an absolute killer having to repeat the feat at five o’clock. Or worse still (? a fate worse than death) at 9.45 pm.

if @Malone is correct in his estimate that it is 160 paces rather than the 300 quoted elsewhere (13th post in this thread) then the average fan maybe able to do it.

Aren’t SET running a free fitness course starting at the ground tonight? Perhaps this is a solution to the parking problem

• I see micra must have edited but yes the 160 I mentioned was places..parking places
    Not to be mixed up with paces!

• The big advantage of Millbrook school is that it is downhill on the way back

• @tom_doust said:
    The big advantage of Millbrook school is that it is downhill on the way back

Not really. I did it dozens of times a few years ago and it’s level as far as Eaton Avenue then a gentle upward incline.

@Malone - of the two posts @perfidious_albion attributes to me, the first is indeed mine. The second is a mystery and makes no sense. I’d have been embarrassed to have made such a nonsensical comment.
    @perfidious_albion should know better, especially as I was quick to compliment him on getting one of his Gasroom quotes published in Close Quarters! ?

• @perfidious_albion said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    I've said before: chairlift

I would pay good money to watch people who can’t walk 300 paces from the school car park dismount a moving chairlift.

Ah, the source of “300 paces” to cover the distance from Mill End school to Adams Park. Some very muddled and inaccurate thinking going on but, at the end of the day, such trivia is at least a brief distraction from thoughts about the horrendous goings on in Louis Armstrong’s wonderful world.

• The club have tweeted to say the shuttle from the train station is not running tomorrow. They recommend the 32 bus, but this won't help after the game unless you leave very early.

• Linda's is also closed tomorrow night!

• This shut down of services for midweek games makes lower crowds a self fulfilling prophecy and is all the more galling when games have been moved for pointless international matches.
    Wycombe must have lost loads of money this season but don't really attack midweek fixtures fully either (as a club, not the team)

• Linda's is not owned by the club. I asked them on Saturday and they said they weren't about Tuesday.
    I'm not sure what the club are expected to do about Linda's van!!!
    If anything, they might make more money as people can only now buy food inside.

• @micra sorry about the 300 paces / places mix up.

To add to tomorrows travel issues I’ve been told the road between Handycross roundabout and Asda is closed.

• Are they going to have the German sausages? They were OK

• Yes I don't think the club will be too bothered about some external trader who competes for business with them not being there!

• @tom_doust said:
    Are they going to have the German sausages? They were OK

Not the wurst I've ever seen

• @Malone said:
    Yes I don't think the club will be too bothered about some external trader who competes for business with them not being there!

I was talking about the club not opening its own BBQ food place

• @throwaway123 said:
    The club have tweeted to say the shuttle from the train station is not running tomorrow. They recommend the 32 bus, but this won't help after the game unless you leave very early.

Hadn't read that, but that's a kicker. A bus service to the ground has to be the absolute minimum for the club surely.

• Even the Hellfire BBQ is giving tomorrow night a swerve. These Tuesday games are proper duds this season - far too many of them.

Have to hope we don’t have 5 home games scheduled for international weekends next season. If we do, that’s it for my subscription.

• The 88 year old guy I used to pick up at the station for decades until I threw in the towel in September will really be stuck unless he can be part of a taxi share arrangement. He lives in the flats in the bit of Totteridge Road overlooking the station. Is anyone going anywhere near there?

• @arnos_grove said:
    Even the Hellfire BBQ is giving tomorrow night a swerve. These Tuesday games are proper duds this season - far too many of them.

Have to hope we don’t have 5 home games scheduled for international weekends next season. If we do, that’s it for my subscription.

Have to admit @arnos_grove I’ve already started giving this some thought. Almost 22% of scheduled home league matches, and the kids are struggle with this too. It’s a major rush to make the games these days for me midweek which isn’t helping. Wasn’t this game moved from a Saturday to a Tuesday or am I making it up ?

• @micra said:
    The 88 year old guy I used to pick up at the station for decades until I threw in the towel in September will really be stuck unless he can be part of a taxi share arrangement. He lives in the flats in the bit of Totteridge Road overlooking the station. Is anyone going anywhere near there?

I am picking up a friend of my sons in Hazlemere at 18.30. Can I help @micra?

• Must admit the Tuesday night games have been feeling a bit flat lately. Perhaps matchday experience doesn't count during the week and only on Saturdays.

I personally don't eat at football, but I know others that do who have to come straight from work, and the club seeming to make no effort food wise does seem a bit of a shocker to me.

• Guaranteed to be a good game and result with all these doubts.
    My first missed home of the season as was already booked elsewhere before this one was re-arranged.

• Tested positive for Covid this morning! First WWTV game for me tonight. COYB’s

• @perfidious_albion - here's to a quick recovery.

• edited March 2022

Recent recovery myself so best wishes @perfidious_albion and get well soon. Hope the WWTV experience works well for you. COYB!

• On the plus side @perfidious_albion you won't be disappointed with the food on offer. Hope tje virus passes quickly

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@micra said:
    The 88 year old guy I used to pick up at the station for decades until I threw in the towel in September will really be stuck unless he can be part of a taxi share arrangement. He lives in the flats in the bit of Totteridge Road overlooking the station. Is anyone going anywhere near there?

I am picking up a friend of my sons in Hazlemere at 18.30. Can I help @micra?

Thanks for the offer @EwanHoosaami. After a fair bit of toing and froing (strange words) all systems go. RM is fully briefed and has asked me to pass on his grateful thanks. Much appreciated.