Skip to content

Favorite random Wycombe goals

I wanted to start a thread for favourite goals that are not the usual suspects (promotion winners, FA Trophy, FA Cup, League Cup, Beano, etc.).

Are there any less celebrated/famous Wycombe goals which stand out to you for your own personal reasons?

For me, I have a special place for Bloomfield's goal against Derby. Players always celebrate goals, but he looked as delighted as a schoolboy scoring his first ever goal. That goal capture "the joy of the game" for me.

Comments

• Obviously Bullie’s goal against Brizzle has to be mentioned but for me, one goal that will always make me think back and smile was Hayes’ penalty against Exeter. It was just such a great feeling to see that hit the back of the net.

• Loved Beavon’s goal away at Hartlepool. No particular reason for it to stand out.

• Danny senda away at Bristol rovers cira.... 99? 00? 01? Think we were already winning...?
    His boot came off under a challenge but he carried on and to my memory hit a shot bootless and it flew in

• As a fan of comedy goals, I rather liked the following:

Magno Vieira, second goal v Macc - yes, we did actually manage a 4-0 win in the Peter Taylor grindball era - basically the two centre backs for Macc (centre Maccs?) run into each other and give him a free shot

Nathan Tyson, first goal v a threadbare and injury-hit Wrexham side who were forced to play a few kids:

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/636973.is-this-the-cheekiest-goal-ever/

• McSporran vs Wolves away
    Stuart Roberts at Hayes in the FA Cup
    McSporran vs Posh at home (2-0...World record for quickest goals in succession....7 seconds between the two goals either side 9f half time I believe)

• Another shout for Hayes’ pen v Exeter.

I enjoyed McSporren’s long range rocket against Grobbelar towards a stand full of Chairboys waving ‘Bank of Grob’ fake notes at him. V Lincoln maybe?

• Just spotted this thread and thought.....Hayes goal against Exeter on that cold Tuesday night...but then I saw @Lloyd2084 had already penned it so....

Any goal against c*lu

• Cousins v Scunthorpe

• edited March 2022

Sam Saunders vs Leatherhead

Mooney vs Oxford in 2006 where he celebrated in front of them and took a pelting of coins with a wicked grin

• I enjoyed one (maybe his first?) goal by Mooney, in front of the terrace, hot day early season, curler from outside the box

• Guy Whittingham at Ashton Gate with a last gasp winner.

• Nice one Cyrille's long range curler away at Leyton Orient in 150 degree heat .

Jason cousins belter that got stuck in the top corner of the net in front of the terrace .

Guppys 2500 metre run and exquisitely chipped goal again in front of the terrace

• Sam Wood’s first goal (was it on his debut?) away at York in brilliant sunshine.

• It's got to be Guppy's goal against Runcorn, he run fron one end of the pitch to the other end and we won 5-1

• Akinde’s second goal against Brentford in the 3-3 draw back in March 2009. A better solo goal you would be hard pressed to find. Pace, power and accuracy, all on his debut at the League leaders.

We came from 1-0 down, 2-1 down to lead 3-2 and then had Tommy sent off before it became 3-3.

• McSporran's equalizer in the 5-1 defeat at Stoke in 2001. It was my birthday.

• Terry Glynn's worldie at Home to Walthamstow Ave, Fa Trophy 2nd replay 1981/82.
    Never see anything close to challenging that wonder goal.

• Trotta getting his hattrick goal in front of his parents. Remembered he had the message on the shirt underneath so probably should score again, picked it up around the half way line at the end of the game and charged.

Beavon v MK. We were awful, he got so annoyed he just whacked it top corner.

• McCarthy's free-kick v Walsall in 2019 - quite literally bent like Beckham and effectively confirmed our survival

• I like Matt Brady’s tap in at Deepdale for some reason

• First couple that came to mind:

Jermaine McSporran’s winner at Bristol City in think early 00s, in what I remember as a great team performance. Loved any Jocky goal to be honest!

More recently Scott Kashket at Cheltenham (possibly on NYE?), when he was in in the middle of his really hot streak.
    Goal at start of game and down the other end so don’t have strong memories in that sense but loved the ‘Scotty Kashket scores another goal’ chants following on from the buzz in the away end before the game.

• The Tony Hemming’s goals against Crewe meant a lot at the time. We didn’t know how we would cope without Scotty who had suddenly left for premier league Swindon, but he was fantastic that day and I’m sure we all left with real optimism.

• Hakan Hayrettin's goal from halfway against Preston, on their plastic pitch. Wasn't that the only goal he scored for Wycombe?

• Steve Brown from 25 yards against Colchester, and Dave Carroll from a similar distance against West Brom later that year.

• edited March 2022

@wwfc_since_1993 said:
    First couple that came to mind:

Jermaine McSporran’s winner at Bristol City in think early 00s, in what I remember as a great team performance. Loved any Jocky goal to be honest!

More recently Scott Kashket at Cheltenham (possibly on NYE?), when he was in in the middle of his really hot streak.
    Goal at start of game and down the other end so don’t have strong memories in that sense but loved the ‘Scotty Kashket scores another goal’ chants following on from the buzz in the away end before the game.

Between Christmas and NYE I think, a very chilly one! Great strike on the half-volley from just outside the box iirc.

• Also, Sergio Torres header v Bury in 2008 (?) Lovely to see that head of hair get a rare header. Fantastically slotted into the corner too

• Jordan Ibe, aged 15…wow!

• Going back a long way to the year we played Middlesborough in the FA Cup (in the 70's some time?). Horseman's got in the replay away at Bournemouth, after which the police told us you hide our scarves and ge

• Something went wrong in the post there. Should read .... after Horseman's goal and the police told us to leave the game early so we would not be attacked.

• Very fond memories of Nathan Tyson running half the pitch to score at Oldham in 2004. And Brownies stunner against (relegation candidates) ColU of course.