Skip to content

Match day thread: Bolton

Comments

• Ridiculous yellow for Tafazolli when the earlier challenge on Obita got nothing.

• I'd agree the ref didn't get that decision Wright

• Lincoln now 2-0 up at Sunderland.

• Cue 45 minutes of utter shithousery.

• @Gary said:
    Lincoln now 2-0 up at Sunderland.

And Sunderland are down to 10 men

• Was that Bayo doing the voiceover on that ebay advert?

• Always time to laugh at Sunderland

• Everyone needs to calm down. Bolton clearly wanted a rough and tumble virtually from the kickoff. We usually give as good as we get in those circumstances.Bayo.

Bayo doing his bit for eBay as usual.

• Sunderland had Covid you know...and the referee gave us everything.

• Don't want to jinx it, but with our game and the others going our way so far...... No no no I'll shut up

• Eliminate first Bayo. I’m talking ads of course.

• Loving the filler music on ifollow, there's games in the last couple of years that I wouldn't have wanted to restart

• Bolton look well capable of scoring and look dangerous. When we do attack, Bolton’s defence looks absolutely all over the place. We need to attack and get the 2nd goal which will win the game. I do worry though that we’ll just concentrate on disruption and time wasting and we’ll get punished.

• Hanlan is a real handful tonight. We just seem to need to settle down and use the ball a bit better but 1-0 up so COYB!!!!

• Had to watch the first half on the phone, while trying to quicken the stop slow laptop up.

But as far as I saw in "small" mode, all looking good. Solid at the back, great goal from Hanlan, another break away he could have made more of, and McCleary surprised us all by not slotting his chance in.

More of the same please boys, ideally with a 2nd goal earlier so we don't have some fretting late doors.

• Shithouse mode fully on. This second half could get spicy

• I have a feeling Bolton will benefit from some refereeing decisions in the 2nd half. He looks fed up with out time wasting.
    Frankly it's embarrassing.

• Yep, we need to settle ourselves down and look for a 2nd goal that we're well capable of getting. Sit back and waste time and I think we'll just fire up their crown and they look very capable in attack.

That Tafazolli booking was a terrible decision. He didn't even give a free kick originally did he? Got a feeling this ref will punish us if we keep mucking about. Wish he'd also take a firm grip on Bolton's diving.

• @ChasHarps said:
    I have a feeling Bolton will benefit from some refereeing decisions in the 2nd half. He looks fed up with out time wasting.
    Frankly it's embarrassing.

I agree.... but apparently we all love it

• We know what we're doing

• Well that’s a tidy finish isn’t it!

• Fair play Grimmer

• Haha lovely! Was just about to say he's been our weakest link so far! A fab finish

• Get in Grimmer - that is a real collectors item

• Grimmer left-foot! Now we are taking liberties

• Fucking hell, Jack!

• Hanlan a real handful again

• Yes Jack !

• Sunderland presently losing to a team.of shirt.pulling timewasters favoured by the ref. Three goals scored by a man who 'should not be on the pitch' Again!! Luck not in at the moment.