Skip to content

Match day thread: Charlton

12346»

Comments

• Maybe I’ve misunderstood but it sounds like you’re saying that some fans have accused us of timewasting while we’re losing...?

• Condemn it for Gawd's sake @glasshalffull anything less looks like you're actually demanding it.

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Maybe I’ve misunderstood but it sounds like you’re saying that some fans have accused us of timewasting while we’re losing...?

Some Sunderland did

• @eric_plant You're right about the goal - it was excellent. Mehmeti's contribution was cracking. The echoes of abuse from a guy near me for not crossing it first time McCarthy were still in the air as Vokes stuck the ball in the net. Exactly the sort of composure we'd lacked at Ipswich and really good to see.

Also interesting to hear Dobbo hand Sunderland the advantage for Saturday, with the revelation that Tafazolli has a bad back, but might be back for Saturday. Clearly more media training needed.

• Would be harsh on Forino to be dropped after his last performance.

• @mooneyman said:
    Would be harsh on Forino to be dropped after his last performance.

Harsh but totally fair, he's played really well, but he's still some way off Stewart or Taff for me

• I think Forino is really in there more as a deputy for Tafazolli than Stewart. We need the height defending crosses and set pieces.

• edited January 2022

If Taf is fit for Saturday and we stick with a back three, I think we could well see Stewart and Forino left out - Grimmer was fantastic v Charlton and Tools has not been at his best lately.

That said, I hope we realise that 3atb + McCleary, Mehmeti and Hanlan isn't workable and change to a four. We could still be more solid.

• edited January 2022

Clearly they will see this game as a mahoosive ‘must win’ (regardless of the official gasroom definition), and will be preparing accordingly. Traditionally, in such games, GA has turned to experience. But these are unpredictable times...

• Discussion on our 'antics' from around 58 mins...

• Just listened, good to hear that neutrals who understand what professional football is all about have agreed that complaints about our tactics are borne out of bias and bitterness in defeat.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Just listened, good to hear that neutrals who understand what professional football is all about have agreed that complaints about our tactics are borne out of bias and bitterness in defeat.

This reminds me of that irregular verb conjugation:

I am righteously indignant
    You are annoyed
    He is making a fuss over nothing

• @HCblue said:

@glasshalffull said:
    Just listened, good to hear that neutrals who understand what professional football is all about have agreed that complaints about our tactics are borne out of bias and bitterness in defeat.

You are annoyed

Brilliant!

• @floyd said:

@HCblue said:

@glasshalffull said:

You are annoyed

Brilliant!

I don’t doubt that it is (if only I could get my head round it!)

• I get the conjugation aspect but I’m not bright enough to relate the individual reactions to particular posters. On reflection, I don’t give a damn.

• I slept well and I ‘get’ it now, I’m sure everyone will be relieved to hear.?

• Better than Wednesday. Ok, the bar wasn't high, but still...

• Better than Wednesday. Ok, the bar wasn't high, but still

• Better than Wednesday. Ok, the bar wasn't high, but still

• What’s with this triplicatation ? Not a virus I hope.

• Not a Spammer. Not a Spammer. Not a Spammer.