Skip to content

Cambridge match OFF

124»

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Injuries really shouldn't come into the equation

*unless a large % of the squad is unavailable for Covid reasons. Any chance of the EFL reviewing the protocol for postponements?

• Interesting to see that Liverpool v Leeds is off on boxing day as well, these are two teams that have been saying that they are all vaccinated, so one of them can't put out 14 players ? Out of a squad of 30 is it in the Premier league ? Or are they just using it as an excuse to rest players as most of them wanted a break

• @Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:
    I cannot see an advantage for any club, while punters are still able to get in, of calling off games unnecessarily @wwfcblue . Financial impact of losing Christmas gates must be quite hard to take.

You know it's an away game for Cambridge right? :)

yarp but I do not buy the general idea that clubs might do it on purpose is what I meant.

You don't?

Take Leeds. They have some really key players out, and fielded some absolute chumps in their last game. They've taken a couple of absolute batterings, and have Liverpool away next.

Would probably have been a 5-0 job.

Instead they can "ease" things along, get it called off and have a much better chance in a few months when it's played.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Interesting to see that Liverpool v Leeds is off on boxing day as well, these are two teams that have been saying that they are all vaccinated, so one of them can't put out 14 players ? Out of a squad of 30 is it in the Premier league ? Or are they just using it as an excuse to rest players as most of them wanted a break

I wouldn't blame them if they were. Making teams play twice in three days is bonkers.

• edited December 2021

But it sounds like Leeds would be down to their U23s - only their U23s - so fair enough.

• @wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Charlton's Boing Day game is off due to cases in their squad. Doesn't bode well for New Year's Day...

Wait, is isolation only 7 days now?

If you are unvaccinated the isolation is still 10 days and you can’t be tested on Day 6 and 7

But even if you're unvaccinated, do you only have to isolate if you test positive?

If you’re unvaccinated I believe you have to isolate for 10 days as a close contact, even if you’re negative.

Here's the current statement from the NHS website

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/

• Other Boxing Day fixtures now off include:
    Barnet v Boreham Wood P-P
    Wealdstone v Maidenhead Utd P-P
    Brackley Town v Kettering Town P-P

That just leaves Hemel Hempstead Town v St Albans City - always a feisty affair at the best of times!

• Christmas footy controversies aside....Merry Christmas one and all. Hope it's a jolly and safe one for all!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Christmas footy controversies aside....Merry Christmas one and all. Hope it's a jolly and safe one for all!

And you @Wendoverman

• Happy Christmas everyone.

• Indeed. Happy Christmas fellow chairpersons!

• edited December 2021

Echoed. Happy Christmas to all who read the Gasroom..
    Especially @argylephil.

• Happy Christmas everyone

• A very merry Christmas. Fingers crossed for the trip to Ipswich

• Thanks for all the entertainment guys and gals. Happy Christmas to all Gasroomers

• edited December 2021

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@FmG said:
    Potentially - a lower hospitalisation rate is great but it is much more infectious so doesn't necessarily mean less burden on the NHS

Half the hospitalisation rate but more than double the infection rate and this results in the same increase in hospitalisations in real terms and fewer staff to look after them as the self isolate.

But the new variant appears to have a lower average stay in hospital for those hospitalized. 0.22 hospital days for Omicron on average versus 0.35 hospital days currently. Those were the figures published today and I thought they were quite low? Hopefully a positive sign.

• Merry Christmas Everyone

• I wonder how many clubs have actually 15/16 COVID free players but make up some "injuries" so that they can call their matches off against stronger opposition?

• @A_Worboys said:
    Other Boxing Day fixtures now off include:
    Barnet v Boreham Wood P-P
    Wealdstone v Maidenhead Utd P-P
    Brackley Town v Kettering Town P-P

That just leaves Hemel Hempstead Town v St Albans City - always a feisty affair at the best of times!

Sadly, Hemel Hempstead Town v St Albans City has now been postponed too due to the number of Covid cases in the St Albans squad.

The only game left anywhere vaguely near the Chair Metropolis is the National League South match Oxford City v Slough Town with a 1pm kick-off.

• Rearranged for 1 March. 3 home games across 4 Tuesdays. I do love a game under the lights!

• Anyone asked for a refund for this and actually had a reply? Or is the ticket office tied up with Sunderland/Oxford sales?

• Club have made their feelings about the circumstances surrounding the postponement fairly clear... https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2022/january/new-cambridge-date-confirmed/

• "The U's forced the postponement of the December fixture due to injuries and a positive Covid-19 case in their squad..." Uncommonly undiplomatic.