Skip to content

Cambridge match OFF

Comments

• 1 positive case is a joke to call off a game, surely that's 3 points awarded to us

• @wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Charlton's Boing Day game is off due to cases in their squad. Doesn't bode well for New Year's Day...

Wait, is isolation only 7 days now?

If you are unvaccinated the isolation is still 10 days and you can’t be tested on Day 6 and 7

But even if you're unvaccinated, do you only have to isolate if you test positive?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Charlton's Boing Day game is off due to cases in their squad. Doesn't bode well for New Year's Day...

If you are unvaccinated the isolation is still 10 days and you can’t be tested on Day 6 and 7

But even if you're unvaccinated, do you only have to isolate if you test positive?

If you’re unvaccinated I believe you have to isolate for 10 days as a close contact, even if you’re negative.

• edited December 2021

@wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

If you’re unvaccinated I believe you have to isolate for 10 days as a close contact, even if you’re negative.

Ah, ok, in which case either I think it's either been badly reported or they've got a lot of players unvaccinated.

• @wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Do the league have a list of all the players that have not been vaccinated?

• edited December 2021

From the article: "“It’s positive tests around people who are in the squad..."

So presumably family and friends of players, which would suggest that they've got a fair few players unvaccinated.

• @mooneyman said:

@wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Do the league have a list of all the players that have not been vaccinated?

No idea but with so many supposedly unvaccinated you can see why so many games are called off now

• @wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Charlton's Boing Day game is off

I'm sure they'll bounce back.

As long as their players are ready to spring into action

I’ve heard they are being fed Rhubarb.

That's a bit forced.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

If you are unvaccinated and identified as a close contact you have to isolate for 10 days.

CU have a squad of 23 (not including youth set up if they have one) - 1 positive case so must have 8 isolating due to being unvaccinated/injury. I know they say they have injuries but can you get postponement for injury? Not to my knowledge only ever been to illness through the squad. Seems to be a case of using this to get players back from injury.

• I have a hard time accepting as legitimate a postponement of the game for one positive test in the squad, not least after seeing a tweet earlier today about the ground caterers donating the food from the game to the Foodbank. A fine gesture, no doubt, but a symbol of the cost of postponement to the club.

• @ReturnToSenda if you are identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive you MUST self isolate UNLESS

you're fully vaccinated – this means 14 days have passed since your final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine

you're under 18 years and 6 months old

you're taking part or have taken part in an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial

you're not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons

• @carrickblue said:
    @ReturnToSenda if you are identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive you MUST self isolate UNLESS

you're fully vaccinated – this means 14 days have passed since your final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine

you're under 18 years and 6 months old

you're taking part or have taken part in an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial

you're not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons

I'm somewhat puzzled by the last exclusion. Is it the case that those unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons are less likely to catch and transmit the virus? If not (and I think that's a fairly safe bet) why need they not isolate like everyone else in the unvaxxed category?

• There's a bit of a loophole there and the EFL need to close it

• I cannot see an advantage for any club, while punters are still able to get in, of calling off games unnecessarily @wwfcblue . Financial impact of losing Christmas gates must be quite hard to take.

• It feels grossly unfair that another team can postpone a game and not have to stomach any of the subsequent wasted cost.

I appreciate we’re in a difficult scenario but at the very least they should be compelled to cover the cost of catering and staff etc already booked in advance.

• @HCblue the exceptions I pasted were from the NHS website. I can only assume that the last category is to stop potential hardship to those who truest cannot be vaccinated.

However as that small percentage of the population is mainly the immunosuppressed I doubt they would be out and about much if they knew they had recently been identified as a close contact.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I cannot see an advantage for any club, while punters are still able to get in, of calling off games unnecessarily @wwfcblue . Financial impact of losing Christmas gates must be quite hard to take.

Cambridge will lose nothing on Boxing Day as it’s an away game. They have however cancelled their home game on the 30th which clearly means they have a large number of players unvaccinated plus 3/4 players that won’t return from injury in the next week.

Teams with large numbers of unvaccinated players should not be able to cancel games within the current rules. If the rules are not changed and players refuse to be vaccinated then we could quite possibly see the end of this season

• @Wendoverman said:
    I cannot see an advantage for any club, while punters are still able to get in, of calling off games unnecessarily @wwfcblue . Financial impact of losing Christmas gates must be quite hard to take.

No financial impact for Cambridge. Gives them extra time to get real injuries treated/players back for next game and the re-arranged fixture.

So, in my view, allows clubs to manipulate the situation.

Where a club needs a legitimate postponement due to positive cases and the players have been responsible and have been vaccinated I do not have any issue with a postponement.

• As the rules stand, it could actually benefit clubs to have large numbers of unvaccinated players -they can effectively decide to have a 10 day pause if they have an injury problem by just declaring that their unvaccinated players have to isolate.

• @Wendoverman said:

You know it's an away game for Cambridge right? :)

• edited December 2021

Cambridge have 25 players in their first-team squad, so they must be missing 12

• 6/25 missing for their last game, one through illness

• edited December 2021

This is a joke, and looks extremely like they have used the situation to their advantage !

• Easily allows clubs to cheat on players potentially having to isolate if deemed to be in close contact..How's that worked out now when most don't use the NHS app.

• Just remembered Cambridge banned a fan for going to away games while they were supposed to be isolating

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:

yarp but I do not buy the general idea that clubs might do it on purpose is what I meant.

• Injuries really shouldn't come into the equation

• @Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:

yarp but I do not buy the general idea that clubs might do it on purpose is what I meant.

I think they absolutely would

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:

I think they absolutely would

I think they have !