And one of those losses was because of the ref

Shhhh. You’ll summon you know who.

• @drcongo said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    And one of those losses was because of the ref

Shhhh. You’ll summon you know who.

Even Voldemort wouldn't have given such a heinous decision

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Was Hanlan taken out for the pen claim, or was it his usual over-keenness to drop like a stone? Difficult to tell from the away end.

Definitely not taken out, but you've got to look for those (although the 'foul' wasn't in the box).

• This team of ours never gives up. The team spirit and belief is incredible.

• Enjoyable match, decent result.

When I saw the line-up today I was pretty optimistic as a 4-2-3-1 with talent like McCleary, Mehmeti and Hanlon playing just behind Sam Vokes looks fantastic on paper.

In reality though, it left us a bit open with our two full-backs struggling to deal with the Owls’ marauding wing-backs and our midfield two often getting a bit overrun. Also, not one of Thompson’s best games, maybe not entirely fit after picking up a knock on Tuesday.

On reflection, maybe it was a bit brave to try and play such an attacking formation away at Sheff Wed, not that we actually had too many options given the injuries we have. Certainly worth trying again, maybe against lesser opposition like Burton next time out - and at home.

• Glad I finally got to Sheffield and made the game. Felt we were on top when the game was delayed but they always looked a threat when attacking.

Happy with the point, the atmosphere was good and a good away following.

Didn't think the bayo sub worked or the Horgan one but it's easy to say afterwards.

Great time to be following us and it's great to be in the mix for promotion.

• Sheffield Wednesday seem like a club with decent fans and obviously a great history. I would prefer them to come 2nd to us over anyone else. You have to applaud the way they approached the game too - very incisive and positive. I think both sides contributed to a really great advert for L1 football.

• @ryan_w_kirkby said:
    Glad I finally got to Sheffield and made the game. Felt we were on top when the game was delayed but they always looked a threat when attacking.

Happy with the point, the atmosphere was good and a good away following.

Didn't think the bayo sub worked or the Horgan one but it's easy to say afterwards.

Great time to be following us and it's great to be in the mix for promotion.

Agree with all of that.

• @drcongo said:

I'm trying to watch from the Vipiénne region of France today but it booted me out a minute ago. Gonna have to go audio only.

I don’t think that joke got enough notice at the time.

• ...was just about to google Vipiénne as I'd never heard of it.

• Most teams in this league are more or less on a par and it will be a rare day when we score for fun while also keeping a clean sheet

• Although in strictness the accent should have been a grave not an acute.

• @Watford_Blue said:
    ...was just about to google Vipiénne as I'd never heard of it.

A lovely region, but the reputation is sometimes undermined by the town of Spieuerre.

• Vipiènne. I thought it was a strange coincidence that @PBo and @drcongo were both ‘there’ in France. And surely all that ‘one does this’ and ‘one does that’ is not usual PBo-speak. All a bit confusing to this innocent abroad.

I had a stab at getting access to video today (after recently deciding that I wouldn’t). Didn’t get far. Googled NordVPN and clicked on “download App”. Lots of choices came up referring to Norton security (which I already have) and various packages with free trials for four weeks followed by fairly substantial annual subscriptions. I clicked on Free Trial anyway and entered my email address when invited. Couldn’t get past “continue” so gave up. For me at least, accessing video coverage is not as straightforward as some would have us believe.

Hope you make a swift recovery @drcongo.

• edited November 2021

@micra Check your Norton options - mine comes with a VPN, which is what I use and it's been perfectly fine for iFollow.

• @Shev said:
    Here is where we have played the top teams:

Rotherham - Away
    Plymouth - Away
    Sheffield Wednesday - Away
    Wigan - Away
    Oxford - Away
    Sunderland - Away
    MK Dons - Away

We have not done too badly either (W1 D5 L2). I am not saying we will win all of the return legs, just that the fans of these clubs are probably not aware that we have stayed right up there all while playing so many contenders away from home. Bring on the AP magic!

Particularly impressive to have played Wednesday away twice in a season!

• @LX1 said:

@Shev said:

Rotherham - Away
    Plymouth - Away
    Wigan - Away
    Oxford - Away
    Sunderland - Away
    MK Dons - Away

We have not done too badly either (W1 D5 L2). I am not saying we will win all of the return legs, just that the fans of these clubs are probably not aware that we have stayed right up there all while playing so many contenders away from home. Bring on the AP magic!

A real six pointer!

• @LX1 said:

@Shev said:

Rotherham - Away
    Plymouth - Away
    Wigan - Away
    Oxford - Away
    Sunderland - Away
    MK Dons - Away

Good catch! I sometimes think I suffer from double vision.
    Good catch! I sometimes think I suffer from double vision.

• @micra said:
    Vipiènne. I thought it was a strange coincidence that @PBo and @drcongo were both ‘there’ in France. And surely all that ‘one does this’ and ‘one does that’ is not usual PBo-speak. All a bit confusing to this innocent abroad.

I had a stab at getting access to video today (after recently deciding that I wouldn’t). Didn’t get far. Googled NordVPN and clicked on “download App”. Lots of choices came up referring to Norton security (which I already have) and various packages with free trials for four weeks followed by fairly substantial annual subscriptions. I clicked on Free Trial anyway and entered my email address when invited. Couldn’t get past “continue” so gave up. For me at least, accessing video coverage is not as straightforward as some would have us believe.

Hope you make a swift recovery @drcongo.

I went to Spain to watch the game on a very reliable BitDefender flight. I use it for work travel so am familiar with it and it’s always good. Which is more than can be said for the buffering ifollow experience. I had forgotten how frustrating last season was on many levels.

• edited November 2021

I wish I'd been on this night out. Stocko = carnage guaranteed.

• On the topic of VPNs, from experience I use Opera browser on my laptop (VPN built in) and Windscribe on my iPad (10GB free allowance plus they often send over free extra data).

I’ve not had any issues so far, although I have only used them a handful of times.

• Thanks for all the gen about accessing video coverage, guys. Think I’ll need to enlist the help of my son-in-law or grandson. (With apologies to my lovely granddaughter who is extremely IT literate - with her own jewellery website - but hasn’t the slightest interest in football !)

• Just watching Obita's free-kick back again and as sweet a strike as it was, that is exactly why Bailey Peacock-Farrell has dropped all the way down to League One. But we take those!

• Good to see Taff out with the lads pictured on Twitter

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Good to see Taff out with the lads pictured on Twitter

Why wouldn’t he be? Because some poster thinks he hates all his team mates?

• Carnage and lollipops by the looks of things!

• edited November 2021

@username123 said:
    Carnage and lollipops by the looks of things!

You can't have carnage without lollipops

• Just what they needed after a tough schedule of games and travel - now a few days to rest up and sort the injury niggles, and crack on with the next block of games. Please please please can we have a decent run of results over the Xmas period for once this year??

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Just what they needed after a tough schedule of games and travel - now a few days to rest up and sort the injury niggles, and crack on with the next block of games. Please please please can we have a decent run of results over the Xmas period for once this year??

Well that’s what I put in my letter to Santa this year

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@username123 said:
    Carnage and lollipops by the looks of things!

You can't have carnage without lollipops

or lollipop ladies