Skip to content

Match day thread: Sheffield Wednesday

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    We're top btw ???

Whenever you say this sort of thing I literally count the seconds until we concede.

• Fine... We're going down.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Fine... We're going down.

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Fine... We're going down.

Nooo, don't risk it!

• Down to National League then.

• They were saying on the news earlier that we had snow in the north west well not a flake in this part although there was a dusting right up on the hills near Peel Tower - but Yorkshire’s always colder than the north west hence why they did woollen products which you can’t work well in a damp climate there and cotton in the damper warmer Lancashire climate. So it doesn’t surprise me it’s freezing over there.at least the match was on though as we didn’t want another trip up to Yorkshire for the team.

• I really applaud the positive and attacking team selection, and it’ll work a treat against some average/weaker sides in the league, but away to a form side I think it’s too attacking. We look very dangerous when coming forward, but all over the place at the back, being pulled around by a really good attacking side. Obita isn’t the best defender but is being completely exposed time and time again today due to a lack of cover. If no changes at half time, cannot see how won’t concede 3 or 4.

I’d actually get back to 4-4-1-1. Horgan a deep left midfielder, McCleary on the right. Anis behind one of Vokes or Hanlan (probably Hanlan for his pace)

• Wednesday definitely the better side, but we have hung in there. Not doing enough going forward to justify the formation though, perhaps?

• @Quarterman said:
    I really applaud the positive and attacking team selection, and it’ll work a treat against some average/weaker sides in the league, but away to a form side I think it’s too attacking. We look very dangerous when coming forward, but all over the place at the back, being pulled around by a really good attacking side. Obita isn’t the best defender but is being completely exposed time and time again today due to a lack of cover. If no changes at half time, cannot see how won’t concede 3 or 4.

I’d actually get back to 4-4-1-1. Horgan a deep left midfielder, McCleary on the right. Anis behind one of Vokes or Hanlan (probably Hanlan for his pace)

I would

• @micra said:
    Would what @ReturnToSenda ?

Do as @Quarterman suggests

• It is very wierd watching the game underway with commentary from a different game on the soundtrack

• edited November 2021

@Erroll_Sims said:
    It is very wierd watching the game underway with commentary from a different game on the soundtrack

Especially when that team is MK...

• Those scrappers have a lot to answer for!

• Did the ref pause the game for the long break and then not count that as stoppage time?

• Oh FFS - more schoolboy defending - cracking shot mind

• Added five minutes, I think.
    This is not going to end well unless some tactical changes are made pretty swiftly.

• @micra said:
    Added five minutes, I think.
    This is not going to end well unless some tactical changes are made pretty swiftly.

Only actually added one - bizarre

• GA needs to change now

• Doh.

Come on Wycombe, grab a vital point here.

• Go with the @Quarterman suggestion

• @micra said:
    Hunt on right seems to be a constant thorn.

He is a VERY good player, far too good for league 1. Bannan and Windass seem to be getting much the better of Wheeler and Thompson at the minute

• Thommo and Wheeler playing far too close to each other and leaving Wednesday with acres to exploit

• We really need to calm down

• Tempted to get JJ on and go wingbacks

• Gaz has got this all wrong, I'm afraid. No structure whatsoever.

• Obita!!!!!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Gaz has got this all wrong, I'm afraid. No structure whatsoever.

Perfect timing again.