Skip to content

Match day thread: Sheffield Wednesday

Comments

• Says today's date, but I thought we were playing Wednesday?

• Using a VPN is straightforward - I use NordVPN but there are others and pay for an iFollow video match pass with PayPal on my existing account and it works fine and dandy

• Injury to Pendlebury! Our injuries have not been too bad this season on the whole but the CM could become an issue.

4-4-2, I guess.

• edited November 2021

4-2-3-1 becoming 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 out of possession

• Attacking looking team

• Interesting that Obita is playing on the left of a four.

• I was expecting 3atb to match them, but tough call to leave GMac/Mehmessi/Hanlan out. Bold selection and I like it!

• @Chris said:
    Interesting that Obita is playing on the left of a four.

Same as v Bolton

• @HCblue said:
    Injury to Pendlebury! Our injuries have not been too bad this season on the whole but the CM could become an issue.

4-4-2, I guess.

4-2-3-1 would be my line up with that team.

Two attacking wingbacks going forward with the one of that holding two mid fielders primed to fill in the gap as one goes forward.

Mcleary and hanlan looking to get beyond Vokes up to and anis to run with the ball at feet.

Looks attacking to my eyes.

• Adeniran still injured

• Two attacking teams. Should be interesting. Cue 0-0.

• McCleary staring could be key.

• Whoops! Hope he’s eagle eyed.

• @micra said:
    Whoops! Hope he’s eagle eyed.

He's got competition from that owl

• Yellow ball today or we riot

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Using a VPN is straightforward - I use NordVPN but there are others and pay for an iFollow video match pass with PayPal on my existing account and it works fine and dandy

I'm in Greece at the moment so have to remember to switch it off. Have to pretend to be in the UK to watch stuff on Iplayer

• Snake pass and Woodhead closed but A6 towards Buxton and then Sheffield fine to travel across. Plenty of snow around but raid mainly clear.

• Fantastic news that Thommo is for! 4-2-3-1.
    Going to be a great game.

• Any info regarding Scowen’s injury- expected return?

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Any info regarding Scowen’s injury- expected return?

Oh god, don't get people started!

• edited November 2021

@Blue_since_1990 said:
    Any info regarding Scowen’s injury- expected return?

Ask Eric!

• I can confirm its bloody cold in Sheffield. The pitch inspection was a surprise development given we were almost here. Does seem they had a good dusting of snow in places, with several inches on top of some of the parked cars.

• Hillsbrrrough

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Hillsbrrrough

Let today always be known as Hillsbrrrough day if we win

• Looks as if Moore has gone for height and power over his better players. Palmer, Corbeanu and Adeniran big misses for them, though Corbeanu is on the bench.

The Wednesday fans seem very confused with Moore's selection and can't even work out the formation. Hopefully neither can the players.

• Sounds awfully like how things started unravelling at Doncaster for him

• Wheeler and Thompson in midfield works for me. Fingers crossed for good result and no injuries.

• 10/10 for that badge.

I'm trying to watch from the Vipiénne region of France today but it booted me out a minute ago. Gonna have to go audio only.