Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth

1151617181921»

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@eric_plant said:
    Absolutely wonderful to have a tech-savvy youngster cross the floor to the "everything was better in the past" camp

Welcome aboard young man

Steady! I know full well that's not grass under the snow...

Sounds like a Tuesday evening for @LX1

• Aaah, think I’ve fallen in. A reference to @StrongestTeam’s hero, perhaps?
    Crikey, I’m being so careful with commas, knowing that the beady eye of @HCblue may be on me.

• @micra said:
    Aaah, think I’ve fallen in. A reference to @StrongestTeam’s hero, perhaps?
    Crikey, I’m being so careful with commas, knowing that the beady eye of @HCblue may be on me.

Well I'm confused

• I'm glad others think the LED boards are too bright, I've been saying this for weeks, espc when they change to white ! I'm amazed it doesn't put the players off.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I'm glad others think the LED boards are too bright, I've been saying this for weeks, espc when they change to white ! I'm amazed it doesn't put the players off.

From the terrace end all I can see are silhouettes when the play is at the far end, personally I hate them.

• @Twizz said:

@HolmerBlue said:
    I'm glad others think the LED boards are too bright, I've been saying this for weeks, espc when they change to white ! I'm amazed it doesn't put the players off.

From the terrace end all I can see are silhouettes when the play is at the far end, personally I hate them.

Is that a problem even during daylight? I'm in the terrace for the first time in the LED era tomorrow ?

• @ReturnToSenda, just you wait and see ...

?????????????????

and don't forget your ear-plugs in case they have the tannoy turned up to maximum again

• @Twizz said:
    @ReturnToSenda, just you wait and see ...

?????????????????

and don't forget your ear-plugs in case they have the tannoy turned up to maximum again

HUH?!

• @HolmerBlue said:

I’ve said it repeatedly, the Advertising boards are way too bright and make it hard to see the play from the family stand. It started at one of the Papa John’s game and I think the club said that yes, they were too bright at that game and that the installers were going to help…and then last week we had the same level of brightness…too much!

• @StrongestTeam said:

@micra said:

Well I'm confused

Sorry to hear that. Your thumbnail picture (or whatever it’s called) is of a former Liverpool player - name escapes me - who, many years ago, attracted adverse publicity by miming cocaine sniffing on the white line marking of the penalty area. I assumed, wrongly I suspect, that the reference to grass under the snow was some kind of oblique reference to recreational substances ! I think I must be the one who’s confused. Nothing new about that.

• @micra said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@micra said:

Well I'm confused

Sorry to hear that. Your thumbnail picture (or whatever it’s called) is of a former Liverpool player - name escapes me - who, many years ago, attracted adverse publicity by miming cocaine sniffing on the white line marking of the penalty area. I assumed, wrongly I suspect, that the reference to grass under the snow was some kind of oblique reference to recreational substances ! I think I must be the one who’s confused. Nothing new about that.

Robbie Fowler!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Twizz said:

@HolmerBlue said:

Is that a problem even during daylight? I'm in the terrace for the first time in the LED era tomorrow ?

Like fireworks, you can't see them in daylight

• @micra said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@micra said:

Well I'm confused

Ah, Ok, Yes it's Robbie Fowler being very complimentary about us after the cup semi final. My comments weren't anything to do with that.
    @ReturnToSenda the tannoy wasn't working at all in the terrace a couple of weeks back and it sounded like they'd turned the one in the FA stand to 11 to compensate bleeding ears of those over there

• the tannoy wasn't working at all in the terrace a couple of weeks back and it sounded like they'd turned the one in the FA stand to 11

Perhaps they are doing this on a rota basis as it was deafeningly loud on the terrace a few weeks ago too?

• @ReturnToSenda

My ?s were intended to imply an immensely bright light (from the LED advertising boards). Clearly it failed to be humourous.

• Looked like ice cream cornets on my tiny iPhone screen. Sent me scurrying to the freezer.

• Seven of the current top eight in League One are undefeated in five league games.

Unfortunately for Plymouth they are the odd ones out, with one draw and four losses in their last five.

• OOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Index finger fibrillation @ReturnToSenda ?

• Wondered how that stat worked bearing in mind we lost this weekend...

then realised you were responding to a 1 month old post :D

• I am so confused

• @StrongestTeam said:

@micra said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@micra said:

Well I'm confused

Ah, Ok, Yes it's Robbie Fowler being very complimentary about us after the cup semi final. My comments weren't anything to do with that.
    @ReturnToSenda the tannoy wasn't working at all in the terrace a couple of weeks back and it sounded like they'd turned the one in the FA stand to 11 to compensate bleeding ears of those over there

We’re all confused, I think. I, for one, only just twigged that @Chris’s comment was made four weeks ago. The finger fibrillation comment was an attempt to explain @ReturnToSenda’s OOOOOOOOOOOIHHHHHHHHHH.

• @StrongestTeam: Now that I’ve upgraded my iPhone I can see that Robbie Fowler must have swapped his shirt for one of ours. Do you know whose it was?

• Jason Cousins