Skip to content

Match day thread: Hartlepool (FA Cup, Replay)

Comments

• Next shot on target will go in (positive random prediction time).

• Losing that lead at Fleetwood has really knocked the stuffing out of us.

• edited November 2021

5 mins .....

• Endless hit and hope

• The beginning of the end for Gareth I’m afraid.

• Not sure if it's actually worse to go out with a strong team.

• No-one can accuse GA of lying this time. There is always that!

I have said this before, but this is the second act of the movie of the season. The first act ends with that happy montage, and now adversity has struck the hero. We just need to weather the storm (and get GMac back).

• This must be the worst ever crowd at AP for a competitive game (outside then tinpot whatever it is cup)?

• edited November 2021

@BayosSize12s said:
    The beginning of the end for Gareth I’m afraid.

Never. It's a tough division, and he already got us out of it once. He has a ridiculous amount of credit in the bank, and always will. Bad runs happen to everyone.

• Looking back on the start of the season, were our performances masked by superb G Mac and set piece goals?

• @BayosSize12s said:
    The beginning of the end for Gareth I’m afraid.

Silly.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Looking back on the start of the season, were our performances masked by superb G Mac and set piece goals?

Yes!

• We reverted back painful hoofball, even though we showed we're more than capable of playing attractive effective football last season. Very frustrating

• this is now becoming embarrassing....we. can't even score against a league 2 team

• Embarrassing attendance, Embarrassing performance, Hartlepool may have rode their luck but they wanted it more and deserved it. We are in a big slump which needs to be immediately broken on Saturday.

• Post-match interview bingo card:

• We created enough chances to win that
    • You've got to take your chances
    • Credit to Hartlepool
    • I'm all about the performance
    • I'm happy with the performance
    • We played well

Could get a full house here.

• @floyd said:
    I've got a horrible, terrible, very bad, no good feeling about this one.

I'm right so rarely it's a shame i can't enjoy it.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Embarrassing attendance, Embarrassing performance, Hartlepool may have rode their luck but they wanted it more and deserved it. We are in a big slump which needs to be immediately broken on Saturday.

Not suprised by the attendance, you discredit the competition and our illustrious history in it, by fielding a vastly weakened side at Hartlepool.
    Don't expect to much enthusiasm on a cold Tuesday night.

• @drcongo said:
    Post-match interview bingo card:

• We created enough chances to win that
    • You've got to take your chances
    • Credit to Hartlepool
    • I'm all about the performance
    • I'm happy with the performance
    • We played well

Could get a full house here.

It would be refreshing if he did an interview that reflected what we just witnessed as opposed to the game he thought he saw.

• That was utter toilet. Clueless no creativity. Body language terrible - a team stuck in a rut.

• @floyd said:

@floyd said:
    I've got a horrible, terrible, very bad, no good feeling about this one.

I'm right so rarely it's a shame i can't enjoy it.

I was going to steam into you earlier as well!

• I'm sorry, I think I'm a pretty positive person beyond my deliberately pessimistic predictions but that was embarrassing. Awful.

• I am always all for constructive criticism, rather than being positive for the sake of being positive.

That being said, I genuinely am very confident in this manager, club and team. November already looked tough on paper before we lost GMac, and we have just hit our Xmas swoon early. We'll have many happy days yet!

• Stay steadfast and it’ll all be good Saturday

• @bigred87 said:
    We reverted back painful hoofball, even though we showed we're more than capable of playing attractive effective football last season. Very frustrating

This hits the nail on the head i'm sure for a lot of fans. The change in style last season I seem to recall was after positive talks between management and ownership. Perhaps there needs to be another chat along the lines of 'we need to play football that gets fans through the turnstiles.'

• Best of luck to Hartlepool, they knew they had to defend solidly tonight and they did that very well. They had other chances as well.
    Good luck to them.

• @Shev said:
    I am always all for constructive criticism, rather than being positive for the sake of being positive.

That being said, I genuinely am very confident in this manager, club and team. November already looked tough on paper before we lost GMac, and we have just hit our Xmas swoon early. We'll have many happy days yet!

I have no doubt we’ll turn it around and finish well inside the top half. But we’ve thrown away a chance a cup run before it’s even got going.

• Totally embarrassed by that shite. No creativity until Mehmeti came on. Bayo awful. Grimmer possibly the worst performance I have ever seen from a professional footballer. We play hoofball against a league 2 side. We have lost all confidence and McClery is clearly irreplaceable. Might not bother Saturday

• Saturday’s game is looking massive. With the matches following that, and given that we are already out of the play-off spots if those immediately below us win their games in hand, the season could be over before we even get to our traditionally lean Xmas period if things follow their current trajectory.

It’s good that the Sunderland game will now go ahead on a Saturday after all, but it could be a routine mid-table affair by then...!