Skip to content

Match day thread: Hartlepool (FA Cup, Replay)

Comments

• It’s the Fleetwood formation isn’t it?

A sort of kamikaze 4-2-1-3 with Hanlan playing in between Vokes and Bayo with Horgan playing just behind them.

• I'm still extremely disappointed with the team we fielded at Hartlepool.
    And apart from the enforced pandemic ties, tonight will be the first home FA Cup tie, I've missed since Croydon defeated us in 1979.
    I'm afraid the clubs, attitude towards the worlds oldest cup competition, has worn me down.

• Come on Wycombe

• If we lose this life is over

• Are we smashing it long to a front three or getting it wide?

• Just sounds like a succession of free kicks on Twitter.

• Sounds like we have been pretty lethargic from the 3 Counties commentary.

• Three centre forwards on the pitch. No wingers. Dreadful

• Not convinced 4-2-1-3 is the future

• @Glenactico said:
    Three centre forwards on the pitch. No wingers. Dreadful

Hanlan isn’t exactly a centre forward is he? But I agree, this doesn’t seem to be working.

• Worst half I can remember in what must be well over 5 years. We are bereft of confidence and ideas without mccleary. It's so stale. Shake up needed

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Are we smashing it long to a front three or getting it wide?

Smashing it long.... not sure we've won a header yet

• Oh dear....got to get better hasn't it?

• I'm not there, but how is effectively playing 3 target men looking?

• Poor first half. Very little creativity on show. Seem low on confidence.

• I found Gareth Ainsworth's post-match interview on Saturday really worrying. It didn't sound like the usual club newspeak, but sounded like he genuinely thought that was a good performance and that we should be grateful that little Wycombe had managed to only lose by one goal against those giants of football Portsmouth. I'm starting to wonder if he actually can't see all the problems that are glaringly obvious to the rest of us.

• This is painful! Started ok, but faded badly. Actually made more of an effort to keep it on the floor in the last 10mins, but unable to create anything. If we are going to keep in on the floor and I think we should, then Mehmeti for Bayo or Vokes is needed.

Hartlepool have something to hold on to and are making it very difficult for us.

• Inept. Confusing tactics. Crossing appalling. Lost for ideas.
    Don’t score in the first 10 we are lost.

Troubling times.

• Yep I got the same message @drcongo

• That was grim. Vokes and Bayo standing around on the edge of the box like overfed seals at a tawdry seaside attraction. Hartlepool looking like Milan in their red and black stroking the ball around and soaking up our hoofs with ease

• From everything feeling really exciting 4 weeks back, we have seemed to have stalled.

• Mehmeti for Akinfenwa?

• We can do it.

• Hanlan to score and complete the set of scoring in every competition.

• Seriously need some width to mix this up a bit

• Oh dear

• Any sign of anything positive?

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    Any sign of anything positive?

Copy and paste comments from last seven or so games