Skip to content

Match day thread: Portsmouth

Comments

• edited November 2021

FoRino IS FIRst TeAm and ViCe cAPTain wHY iS hE nOt PLayIng

• @jessvl1 said:
    FoRino IS FIRst TeAm and ViCe cAPTain wHY iS hE nOt PLayIng

Is the mad mix of caps and non caps to show you're parodying our more goonish fans?
    :smile:

• Cowleys out there taking warm-up. I'm sure there must have been others but last time I can recall that it was ages ago...Lee Clark and Huddersfield.

• McCarthy's hesitancy in possession is extremely irritating

• Anis, on the other hand, has been very decisive and looks close to his old self. Great to see!

• @bluntphil is right we need to make this dominance count as soon as possible

• Off the hook massively there, but otherwise we've been perfectly comfortable. Good performance so far.

• I’m actually surprised that pen appeal wasn’t successful. Thought Jordan was a bit lucky there

• We were always going to miss that.

• Oh dear - the ref has rubbed some serious salt in the wounds there giving a stonewall penalty to us, having just denied their appeal

• Piss poor pen from JJ

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Piss poor pen from JJ

No it wasn't. He alway goes down the middle? Good homework from Bass.

• Jj scores that 90 percent of the time, just looks a fool when the keeper catches

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Piss poor pen from JJ

In fairness I wouldn’t want to take a pen in front of those fans - against 50 Crewe fans that’s being buried

• That was a nailed on Portsmouth penalty, but an uncharacteristically poor effort from JJ.

• Wish we'd scored but as we dodged a bullet, I can live with it.

• Tense game here - should be a cracker of a second half at this rate

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Erroll_Sims said:
    Piss poor pen from JJ

He hit one in the corner at Hartlepool last Saturday.

• They like a sit down this lot.

• @drcongo said:
    They like a sit down this lot.

You know it’s bad when we’re complaining about the opposition’s time wasting tactics

• @robin said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Erroll_Sims said:
    Piss poor pen from JJ

He hit one in the corner at Hartlepool last Saturday.

Yeah, doesn't always but generally goes quite central. There's such an outcome bias with penalty misses - sometimes they just happen ?‍♂️

• Hanlan largely unplayable again but could do with cutting out these niggly late fouls!

• A problem we have when relying on wingbacks, is that both Obita and McCarthy cannot cross a ball

• Mehmeti has been superb.

• edited November 2021

@prufrock_91 said:
    A problem we have when relying on wingbacks, is that both Obita and McCarthy cannot cross a ball

Obita can, although he's obviously at his most effective with that McCleary link-up.

• Never seen so much play acting. And I’m a Wycombe fan.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@prufrock_91 said:
    A problem we have when relying on wingbacks, is that both Obita and McCarthy cannot cross a ball

Obita can, although he's obviously at his most effective with that McCleary link-up.

Maybe can, but doesn't like to. Had a perfect chance earlier, checks back and then we lose it. We've got Vokes who needs service. Get it in

• Mehmeti and Hanlan playing well. But seriously poor crossing from both flanks. Just need to be a bit sharper and more ruthless in the final third. Boy, we do miss McCleary. Hopefully we’ll step it up 2nd half in that respect to get the win...

• Have we had a corner yet?

• I did not know Ryan Allsopp had moved to Pompey?