Skip to content

Spitting

13»

Comments

• @Haytor06 said:

sportsman never used to spit. I have played a lot of sport and never spit. Anyone who spits is a pig

@Haytor06 said:
    Yes they did and still do I play tennis and have marathons and half marathons and have played football, but did not spit. Have you played any sports or are you an armchair viewer

I suspect I've done ever so slightly more sport than you chap ;)

• May be or may be not. This has nothing to do with our football team. Come on you blues

• I remember watching us play Burton at Loakes Park when I was 8 and asking my Dad why the ref didn’t tell one of the players off for spitting. I made some point that he always told me it was bad to spit so why would the player be allowed to do it. I vividly remember people around smirking in a “how’s the Dad going to get out of this one” way. I wonder what Bob Carolgees would make of this thread.

• Spit the dog! Happy memories. Our 51 year old daughter loved it. 51 now, I should add!

• I was once in a long bus queue opposite the council offices and watched the then-mayor come out of the entrance and spit very obviously right onto the pavement.
    It was a long time ago but I won't give his name.