Skip to content

Match day thread: Burton (EFL Trophy)

Comments

• Yeah it did say it was 1-1 with an OG from AAH but that appears to have been deleted?

• Wait ignore me. Just seen the deleted tweet!

• haha just shows how much attention admin have on the game !!

• It's appearances not starts so I think Mehmeti just qualifies.

• edited November 2021

@TheDancingYak said:
    On a separate note - who’s the co-commentator with Phil? Knowledgable, contributes, calls the game pretty well from what I have heard from previous games.

Alicia Povey. She has gone from strength to strength as she has become the regular co-comm. I used to just be disappointed if @bluntphil was not on comms, but now it is also disappointing if she is not on co-comms.

• Alicia is great. A real credit to the club.

• That's at least the second club AAH has scored against us for

• Przybek and Forino started the last game. Obita and Hanlan are senior enough. We're fine.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    That's at least the second club AAH has scored against us for

He must have 10% of his goals against Wycombe then.

• Poor from the keeper there.

• @Chris said:
    It's appearances not starts so I think Mehmeti just qualifies.

not according to the rules - starts only.

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    Alicia is great. A real credit to the club.

3rd that. She’s great. Very at ease. I assume she will get a job in the mainstream broadcast media at some point.

• Three now. and now four. Not very encouraging at all.

• 4-0 down to Burton in the Chuckletrade. How will we ever live down the embarrassment?

• 4 nil...getting embarrassing now !! especially with Holloway scoring a bracel!

• Sound like U15’s football …. Men against boys

• @kiscokid said:
    Sound like U15’s football …. Men against boys

More like boys against statues at this point.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@Lloyd2084 said:
    Alicia is great. A real credit to the club.

3rd that. She’s great. Very at ease. I assume she will get a job in the mainstream broadcast media at some point.

Agree - good delivery if a trifle brand

• Imagine banging a tenner on this one.

• I always thought AAH looked to have goals in him and him except it wasn’t for us and it wasn’t when it mattered

• @Shev said:

@kiscokid said:
    Sound like U15’s football …. Men against boys

More like boys against statues at this point.

Chuckled.

• This is hilarious

• Also, we haven't beaten a non-U21 team at home in this competition for eight years.

• Someone get one the phone to Grant Holt. He loves scoring 5 goals at Adams Park in the paint pot trophy. We can still win this thing!

• And Gaz said we would field a full strength side!

• @DevC said:

@Chris said:
    It's appearances not starts so I think Mehmeti just qualifies.

not according to the rules - starts only.

You're right - Sky said it was appearances in their summary of the rules. Maybe Mehmeti will be starting against Portsmouth!

• burton to issue a commemorative video??

• @DevC said:
    burton to issue a commemorative video??

I dare not show my face on their forum. The humiliation.

• @Shev said:

@TheDancingYak said:
    On a separate note - who’s the co-commentator with Phil? Knowledgable, contributes, calls the game pretty well from what I have heard from previous games.

Alicia Povey. She has gone from strength to strength as she has become the regular co-comm. I used to just be disappointed if @bluntphil was not on comms, but now it is also disappointing if she is not on co-comms.

Thanks - heard Phil mention her name a bit earlier and had a quick google where I realised she’s also fronting the Our House videos the club.

Seems to still be playing for the ladies team also from what I can see? I’m no expert but I think she’ll have a career in broadcasting/commentary at this rate. I’d pick her over some of the commentators on MOTD already.