Skip to content

Other Football

Comments

• I wouldn't mostly because it is totally unfair on Blooms, if you want to compare GA & Blooms then at least compare like for like e.g. their first 10 games after taking the post not a 10+ year career versus 6 games at the business end of a season when the squad is decimated by injuries & us having shipped out experienced players who were not getting game time before he joined.

We have perhaps been a little boring so far under Blooms, but he has a very thin squad to choose from & is clearly trying to get them to play a more passing game than they were perhaps previously used to. As Danny Senda said on commentary the transition to Blooms style will take time & might be a bit hit & miss to start with.

Once Blooms has a transfer window or two under his belt then will be the time to judge his success or otherwise.

• edited April 2023

It'll certainly be incredibly interesting how Bloomfield goes about recruitment in the summer.

You'd assume we have some sort of database of potential players from Gaz & Dobbo, that he's been a part of creating too.

But it all hinges on the Couhig's intentions. Are they in it for a few years more? Has the go big to get back into the championship scheme finished, if we don't make it this season?

The intense cost cutting in January would point to yes?

• Unfortunately for GA, if he does get fired by Questions, Problems & Ridicule, he will likely never be a Championship manager again unless he takes a scrappy underdog up from L1 again.

• @Kim_il_Swan we've already had to see Mr. Wycombe at Colchester and Tools at MK. It just feels inevitable GA will also end up at a club we dislike.

• I survived seeing O'Neill go to Celtic so it's ok, after that I can survive anything.

• edited April 2023

He's already at one in QPR for me!

Similar to Bloomy at Col Utd, you want him to do well, then move to a better club, so you can go back to wanting them to lose!

• It is inevitable that at some point Gaz may become available at a point when we / Blooms are struggling and there may be a decision to be made based on that scenario but for now we've given him a chance so writing him off before he's set out his stall after just a handful of games with a set of players he didn't recruit and dealing with injuries and a lack of squad depth that are all more as a result of Ainsworths decisions than his would be ludicrous, as is any suggestion that we never had a bad or boring game/spell under Ainsworth.

• I definitely think QPR are going down. They have coughed up a 10 point gap on the relegation zone, including getting clobbered by Blackpool and losing to the bottom club too. Birmingham were also on dire form when they met. Where is the next win - or any win - going to come from?

• It' would be awful if QPR went down. I want nothing but good things for GA and Dobbo.

• I agree, but looking at their fixture list, it is not pretty, especially as Huddersfield have Warnock. I think I feel more for Dobbo, as he has followed GA into a situation that he probably did not want to be part of.

• Definitely. Gareth will at least have a decent payoff from a 3.5 year contract, bur Dobbo will be on a lot less and will be in a difficult position.

• Walton & Hersham beat Basingstoke 5-1 in front of 1651, and now lead 'Stoke by two points. Both teams have four games left.

• You'd like to think, wouldn't it be nice if there was always a job here for Dobbo if something did go wrong there

• Interesting that RC mentioned plans to expand the development group in yesterdays interview with @bluntphil

As you say @HolmerBlue it would be wonderful to have Dobbo back working alongside Sam Grace plus scouting and generally just being Dobbo.

He definitely looked devastated to be leaving

• I think QPR bought a manager for League One. They know the fans won't blame him for relegation and it would allow club to clear out and regroup as agents get their clients out of there. I think the dynamic duo are safe until next Christmas myself.

• See Leicester have sacked Brenda

• Sky are reporting it as "Mutual Consent" but we all know what that means. Depends on whether he needs the money or to save face.

• Bloomfield to Leicester. Who would you replace him with?

• Plymouth 2-0 down already at Wembley. How sad.

• It’s understandable that you (and probably plenty of others (as @Malone suggests) would be thinking along those lines but I hope the intervening posts have gone some way towards persuading you that it’s just not going to happen.

• Yes, sacking Mr. Wycombe because GA's fling with QPR ended in tears would not exactly send a good message on loyalty.

I could see Gareth back with us someday, but not at the expense of Blooms.

• 4 down 🤣 Didn't like this competition but I'll admit it's growing on me.

• I was there today with our friends who live in Wycombe, one of who is a Plymouth supporter - albeit a regular at Adams Park with us.

Bolton were organised, up for it, quite direct and physical and Plymouth did a good impression of a team who didn’t want to be there and hadn’t done any homework on their opponents. Hence it all being over shortly after the second half kickoff. Bolton let them pass it around when they were in their own half and were quick to close down and pressure when Plymouth tried anything.

Based on that showing I’d say a Plymouth collapse into the playoffs is inevitable.

• Potter sacked. Watch him pop up at Spurs.

• Or QPR......

• 12 PL managers sacked this season, a new record. Solid.

• It's QPR. He'll be under threat if they go down. Especially if they don't hit the ground running next season.

• Just to confirm - someone said they would swap Bloomfield back for Ainsworth, and suggested this might be an unpopular view.

I said I don't think it's unpopular at all - but the premise of it is totally unfair. Swapping a long experienced legendary manager here with an 8 game rookie!