Skip to content

Match day thread: Doncaster

Comments

• Great start.
    Love that we're getting off to some crackers recently.

• Get in Bayo

• Bayo!!!!

• You do know what you're going to get with Wycombe.

But if you're not good enough to stop it ...

• Best commentary team and couldn't be a better score.

• A Bayo goal! Even better!

• Interesting revelation from Phil that the Vokes family have named their new arrival Hydey. Fabulous commitment to the cause to name their new daughter after one of all time greats.

• McCleary is too good for this league

• Bayo's goal was a replica of his second at Southend away in 2019. Beautiful stuff. Donny have has some bright moments going forward but might as well not have brought a defence. If ever there were a game to push on for 5+, this is it.

• McCarthy getting plenty of space going forward.

• Donny look half decent going forward but clueless defensively. We shouldn't sit back and try hold the 2-0 when there's so obviously more goals available

• Excellent first half. This second half will be a great example of needing to be positive. Doncaster look all over the place at the back but very threatening coming forward. If we sit back, ‘manage’ the game (I.e, time waste) and invite them onto us, I could really see them coming back into the game. If we remain on the front foot and keep pushing forward, I think we could win by 3 or 4. Let’s see what the approach will be. Come on Wycombe!

PS - McCleary is a genius at this level. Keep giving him the ball!

• Last time here McCarthy has an absolute mare. I think Doncaster must have remembered that because they are giving him so much space.

But. McCleary. How is he playing in a team at this level. He really is a class player

• The posters who hoped 'to be proved wrong' about Bayo must be happy tonight.

• Worst camera work of the year goes to Donny. I feel seasick.

• Keep losing the sound today. Have to restart iFollow every time!

• Would've had more with Vokes today, but to quite comfortably win 2-0 missing one of your most key players is hardly a bad thing! Donny better second half tbf.

• A good days work from the team, 2 goals and a clean sheet on the road and top of the table

• Great result ?... I love this team

• For those who watched it, did we just "see it out" then?
    Or did Doncaster improve?

Away wins with a cleansheet can't be knocked though.

• Well we certainly did sit back and manage the game and offered very little attacking wise in the second half, but to be fair defended very well and Doncaster never got close to a goal back, complete control. Excellent victory away from home. Rotherham looks like it’ll be a really tough one, let’s hope Vokes returns.

• There is nothing quite like a header that glides in through perfect placement, and we had two of those today. Take a bow, Stewart and Bayo!

• And the bonuses were Oxford getting stuffed at home and Posh losing at 'Boro

• Dreamland. Great result. Rotherham game massive now given the form of both teams.

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    A good days work from the team, 2 goals and a clean sheet on the road and top of the table

Sadly Poxford messed it up so we're still second, otherwise spot on.

• @Malone said:
    For those who watched it, did we just "see it out" then?
    Or did Doncaster improve?

Away wins with a cleansheet can't be knocked though.

They did, but they only had one chance of note in the second half. Comfortable stuff really.

• This is the best Wycombe side I've ever seen at winning the "games we should win"

• While it would be nice to watch us press on and beat a team 4/5-0 when we start so well, I'm perfectly happy to watch us take these early leads and then "see them out" week in week out.
    Preserving some energy late on so you can be ready to go again a few days later seems to be a decent strategy that's serving us well so far.

• Big test on Tuesday now and then Kashket at home. Keep going lads !!!!!