Skip to content

Match day thread: Milton Keynes (EFL Trophy)

Comments

• Just goes to show that you should always start with your best players ;)

• Decidedly lacklustre upfront tonight. Thought Vokes on the for last 15-20 minutes might have made a difference but hey ho, no huge loss.

Missed what Phil said the prize money for games was this year but got the impression it was significantly less than it was as the Checkatrade?

• Would clearly have preferred us to win, but the least painful of all losses.
    Shame we still have to play that 3rd group game, but no doubt a few players will need a competitive run out / comeback game by the time it's played.

• That’s us an Burton both out. The deadest of dead rubbers coming up!

• @floyd said:
    That’s us an Burton both out. The deadest of dead rubbers coming up!

I was just thinking as per 2 seasons ago 'at least Josh Parker might get a run out' then saw he was released by mutual consent in August!

• I would never have paid to see this circus but might have been prepared to play if I knew we were that short

• A late entry into comments on logos, but having recently started watching Squid Game on Netflix that’s all that I can see when I look at the MK logo now.

• What the hell are we doing to pick up so many injuries? I find it hard to believe it's just bad luck.

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    I can’t remember a shitter fixture in my time watching the Blues.

Up against a non-team at a soulless ground in the worst competition we’ve entered.

I think this is quite possibly the most accurate post in the history of the Gasroom.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    What the hell are we doing to pick up so many injuries? I find it hard to believe it's just bad luck.

I saw @aloysius heading to the training ground with a hammer the other day...if there is a post about the vital importance of signing new defenders someone call the feds...

• @username123 said:

@Lloyd2084 said:
    I can’t remember a shitter fixture in my time watching the Blues.

Up against a non-team at a soulless ground in the worst competition we’ve entered.

I think this is quite possibly the most accurate post in the history of the Gasroom.

Reserve games should probably all be clearly labelled as such and free to enter.

• Our record low attendance could be in jeopardy on Nov 9th

• I seem to be developing a love/hate opinion on Mehmeti. He's so skilled and can do great things with the ball when he has the opportunity, and it gets me excited. But his judgement sometimes really frustrates me, especially when he should just pass the ball instead of trying to do something impossible.

• On a bright note, Hanlan could score in all four competitions for us this season. I would expect the league is close to a given, so here's to an FA Cup goal!

• @Chris said:
    A late entry into comments on logos, but having recently started watching Squid Game on Netflix that’s all that I can see when I look at the MK logo now.

A nasty logo for a nasty entity.

• Just watched the highlights - that was some ball from Parsons, wow!

• I'd imagine wheeler was muttering the same words last night as Gmac did at Cheltenham...... Massively selfish again from Mehmeti.

• Big fan of Barrow bringing on a goalkeeper outfield yesterday. Treating this "competition" with the contempt it deserves.

• I don’t know why but I always assumed that playing a registered goalkeeper in outfield was against the laws of the game (especially if wearing goalkeeping gloves and pink shirt - joke, sort of).

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Big fan of Barrow bringing on a goalkeeper outfield yesterday. Treating this "competition" with the contempt it deserves.

Saw that and also approved.

I would fully get behind the club signing up 4 retired ex wycombe "legends" (with more than 40 league apps in their career), to play alongside 7 fans for these games.

I might actually turn up to watch a mid 40s Steve brown play alongside one of my mates in the middle, will never ever go to a game in this cup as is.

• @bigred87 said:
    I'd imagine wheeler was muttering the same words last night as Gmac did at Cheltenham...... Massively selfish again from Mehmeti.

Gmac must mutter very loud...or you've got bat-like hearing @bigred87

• Having seen the highlights, i'm not sure how anyone could begrudge Mehmeti the opportunity to shoot, or even that Wheels was necessarily in a better position.

• We can probably see why Mehmeti was released. Bags of talent but decision making at times questionable. Tries an extra trick or to beat his man for the fourth time when another player is in a better position, holds on to the ball for a bit too long at times etc... He's young enough to improve that area of his game and I'm sure he will. He's young and fans need to be patient.

• Ah, from 'Mehmeti must start...' to 'I can see why he was released...' in the space of a few Gasroom months. ? Football is a cruel career.

• It seems like MK are our bogey team recently. We've played them a few times and I can recall only beating them once and while they have been more successful against us?

• @thedieharder said:
    I seem to be developing a love/hate opinion on Mehmeti. He's so skilled and can do great things with the ball when he has the opportunity, and it gets me excited. But his judgement sometimes really frustrates me, especially when he should just pass the ball instead of trying to do something impossible.

Ever see Stan Bowles?

• Mehmeti played a key part in setting up Thompson’s winner last week.

• Anis can be a ball hog, but then so can any of the great dribblers. For anyone doubting him, think of how you feel if he was released tomorrow. For me, it would be a very very sad day.

We have had plenty of games where we have cried out for someone to "get their foot on the ball" and Mehmeti does exactly that. He is a work in progress, but an absolutely brilliant talent.

• @bigred87 said:
    I'd imagine wheeler was muttering the same words last night as Gmac did at Cheltenham...... Massively selfish again from Mehmeti.

It was MK Dons in the Papa John Trophy mate, no-one gives a shit

Anis is a great player, and rightly loved by most fans. Your negativity makes you look foolish