Skip to content

Tickets

Comments

• edited August 2021

FYI, @EwanHoosaami the @gmail.com or @googlemail.com issue is one I'm familiar with as my wife has both.
    The way I explain it, to her, is that while Google will redirect mail sent to either to the Gmail account when you use them as login IDs to a system/website they are as entirely different as any two other IDs/email addresses.
    Hence the club will send to @googlemail.com which she'll receive message in her Gmail account and never spot the different email address it's being sent to.

• I'm banking on a screenshot working. Fumbling around at the turnstile logging in and then going through the screens with my eyes until I find the ticket might make me miss the first half.

• I'm struggling to see any "real" benefit of doing away with paper tickets and/or season ticket cards to either supporters or the club.

• I know we have to move on with new technology and progress and that means change etc but can’t see why the club just don’t include a season ticket physical card as part of the package.

With all the issues we are now going through maybe the best bet is to send all ST holders a card ASAP. That strategy would at least safeguard all season ticket holders and the club against any future failures with the selected ticketing App.

• Not every ST holder wants or needs a physical ticket - plastic or paper. TBH it felt like the right thing to do to forgo the plastic card as a more eco friendly alternative.
    However, I'm glad I've got my eticket for Saturday downloaded to my phone. I'll worry about tentry to the stadium for the rest of the season on Monday.

• edited August 2021

All environmental savers are very noble and to be applauded.

But a tiny debit card sized bit of plastic you'll use for at least 9 months hardly seems a major environmental saver, bearing in mind the vast majority of posters will wazz their way through numerous drinks supplied in single use plastic glasses and bottles.

Not to mention the mass of energy used being on the internet, making phone calls or driving to the office to chat about it!

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    I know we have to move on with new technology and progress and that means change etc but can’t see why the club just don’t include a season ticket physical card as part of the package.

With all the issues we are now going through maybe the best bet is to send all ST holders a card ASAP. That strategy would at least safeguard all season ticket holders and the club against any future failures with the selected ticketing App.

There was a £5 option to add a physical card.
    Some of us luddites were delighted there was such an option.

• Saving the creating, assigning, addressing and mailing out of 2000 pieces of anything is worthwhile all round as long as the alternative works...no doubt some interesting conversations with suppliers happening at the moment.

• I for one will be very disappointed when there is no pre-season debate about getting or not getting tickets/season tickets on the Gasroom.

• On the issue of sustainability perhaps now is the time to end the production and distribution of A4 printed match day team sheets? With world class wi-fi and a pitch side screen the size of a billboard outside Ebbing Missouri these must be a more ethical solutions to imparting information than old skool ink on paper? Sure Wheels would have something to say about that waste of resources.

• I guess it's useful for commentators and reporters to have a fixed copy in front of them, but otherwise I agree there's no need. And if the odd person really wants one as a keepsake, I'm sure they could get a spare off the club if they asked.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Hate to be that person but anyone else still waiting on their physical Season Ticket? Couldn't collect at the Leicester match as was on holiday.

We ordered three physical season tickets. One has arrived, the other two haven't and we can't access them on our phones. It hasn't been possible to reach the ticket office at all today on the phone, I've sent them an email but I'm worried about Saturday.

Oh. and how do we access the Upper Car Park pass season ticket that we bought...does anyone have any idea where these are?

• If they were organised as soon as it was ready they could press send to everyone on their mailing list. If anyone wanted a keepsake they could then print it out at work.

Sorry I meant home. Print. Out. At. Home

• @perfidious_albion said:
    On the issue of sustainability perhaps now is the time to end the production and distribution of A4 printed match day team sheets? With world class wi-fi and a pitch side screen the size of a billboard outside Ebbing Missouri these must be a more ethical solutions to imparting information than old skool ink on paper? Sure Wheels would have something to say about that waste of resources.

That is the plan for the majority of fans - though those in hospitality and boxes etc may still get teamsheets as part of their paid-for package.

• @Forest_Blue said:

@DJWYC14 said:
    Hate to be that person but anyone else still waiting on their physical Season Ticket? Couldn't collect at the Leicester match as was on holiday.

We ordered three physical season tickets. One has arrived, the other two haven't and we can't access them on our phones. It hasn't been possible to reach the ticket office at all today on the phone, I've sent them an email but I'm worried about Saturday.

Oh. and how do we access the Upper Car Park pass season ticket that we bought...does anyone have any idea where these are?

Upper Car park season passes were posted out today so i am told.

Access to your online tickets account is easier via a laptop (rather than phone) at https://tickets.wwfc.com/ What is did was to download my ticket and then take a screenshot of it to retain on my phone for scanning at entry point.

• @AlanCecil said:

@Forest_Blue said:

@DJWYC14 said:

Access to your online tickets account is easier via a laptop (rather than phone) at https://tickets.wwfc.com/ What is did was to download my ticket and then take a screenshot of it to retain on my phone for scanning at entry point.

Alan, I did this but was only able to load a ticket for Accrington Stanley. I pay monthly could this be the reason?

• @woodlands said:

@AlanCecil said:

@Forest_Blue said:

@DJWYC14 said:

Alan, I did this but was only able to load a ticket for Accrington Stanley. I pay monthly could this be the reason?

I am hoping that the SeasonCard I have downloaded and taken a screen shot of (with a narrow bar code type thingy at the top) will be my pass for all home games this season.

I have asked the club to issue better step by step instructions for fans to get their ticket available for Saturday.

• Thanks Alan. Pity you had to ask though. I have tried repeatedly to get through on the phone with no response to get this sorted. Hopefully this will do the trick

• FWIW the problem I have is that following exactly the same procedure for 2 different individuals gives different outcomes.
    I opted for a virtual card but can currently access only a ticket for just the Accrington game whereas my son ordered a physical card, which he hasn't yet received, but can access a virtual season card.
    Personally I'm going to wait until next week then visit the club after the dust has settled from Saturday.

• Hi all, dont normally comment on here but just wanted to clear a couple of things up.

• To access your virtual ticket you simply log into your account, click on your season ticket (or the grey square in the bottom right hand corner of the season ticket box if you are on mobile), click go to card, and then virtual card. You can screenshot and keep for the season if you so wish.

-The reason you can see only Accrington, is simply because it is the only game in the system at this time. As a team we are learning about the capabilities of such an intricate system too so not setting too much up now to have to go back through each set up game. The barcode will always remain the same.

-I am aware and wish also to get an instructional guide out to fans as soon as we can. The ticketing team are working as hard as possible to answer every call, process tickets at AP, take in helpful feedback from Leicester to make future games a better experience, and get out all the content we can to make things as easy as possible. This will be released as soon as we are able to but in good time.

-All parking passes and season tickets have been sent and should be with you imminently. We will put some comms out on the website tomorrow as to the process to take should this for whatever reason not arrive to your address.

Hope this clears a few things up. BG

• AT LAST!!!! Thank you @btg93, it's very worrying for us on the outside with no information/guidance. We've waited so long to see our team and tbf, have already paid to do so. Well done for your late evening post and we await further information.

• Thanks @btg93

Really helpful but this does mean we will now have to start talking about the actual football!

(Seriously - appreciate the update. And good luck!)

• @AlanCecil said:

@perfidious_albion said:
    On the issue of sustainability perhaps now is the time to end the production and distribution of A4 printed match day team sheets? With world class wi-fi and a pitch side screen the size of a billboard outside Ebbing Missouri these must be a more ethical solutions to imparting information than old skool ink on paper? Sure Wheels would have something to say about that waste of resources.

That is the plan for the majority of fans - though those in hospitality and boxes etc may still get teamsheets as part of their paid-for package.

That is very disappointing news, so you'll no longer be wandering around the Vere handing out team sheets at 2pm Alan?

It's much easier to see both teams printed out on a single piece of paper (complete with full substitute benches and squad numbers) than logging on to two separate twitter accounts, usually presented in a very difficult to read format or as an image that takes ages to load. Also it's a very handy reference to have throughout the game, I regularly check mine throughout the match whenever I've forgotten who the opposing team's left back is for example.

Like Malone said, eco friendly initiatives are to be applauded, but given the amount of plastic beer glasses which will be thrown away after a single use then I wouldn't have thought around 100pcs of A4 paper will cause a massive dent. Hopefully there will still be some spare copies lying around the reception which can be picked up pre-game.

• @Croider “every journey starts with a first step Grasshopper” - disposable cups made of corn starch are a next step which decompose over time as used at many festivals. I know that David Wheeler who is very engaged with ethical issues has already collared Pete C on such issues and I’m sure it is on the club agenda - much like garlic bread “it’s the future”.

• I love that David Wheeler is taking such an active role in improving the club off the pitch. Can see him having a long career in management after he hangs up his boots - there's a lot of the Russell Martin about him. Or perhaps he'll pursue a career in Green Party politics - Brighton is ripe for a second Green MP.

• @Forest_Blue said:

@DJWYC14 said:

The postman brought my car park pass this morning, which is great. We have one physical season ticket of three ordered and the other two can't be downloaded onto phones as it looks that because we opted for the physical ticket option this disables the downloaded ticket option that btg93 outlined helpfully above. We've tried the download option for the other tickets but they are simply not there.

If I can't get through to the ticket office on the phone today I will drive up to the club tomorrow and see if a face to face discussion can sort things out in time for Saturday.

• What is happening regarding no one answering the phones. Are we still down on numbers because of COVID or are we just short of people?

• @btg93 said:

• To access your virtual ticket you simply log into your account, click on your season ticket (or the grey square in the bottom right hand corner of the season ticket box if you are on mobile), click go to card, and then virtual card. You can screenshot and keep for the season if you so wish.

Followed these instructions, but all it tells me is that I have a physical season card (which I've collected), without a further option to click "virtual card". Elsewhere in my account it appears to give me an option to download my season ticket, but am only directed to a message saying "Sorry for the inconvenience, but we’re performing some maintenance at the moment" - the same message as several days ago!

• Another problem I'm having is accessing my ticket account. No problem on my laptop, but the same username/password details are rejected when I try to access it on my smart phone. Any suggestions?

• It really is a system that relies on pot luck atm!