Skip to content

Summer transfer thread

Comments

• @Vincey He's the tallest pro player in England I think. Where are these photos? Haven't seen any of them today other than close-ups of current players.

• Never mind, found the one - in the background behind Henning Wehn? I think that might be an excellent spot!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    @Vincey He's the tallest pro player in England I think. Where are these photos? Haven't seen any of them today other than close-ups of current players.

I don’t know how to post pictures in here but if you go to the top of the WWFC Twitter page and look at the item they’ve retweeted, zoom in on the picture of Henning Wehn with the tactics board.

I could be wrong but when I saw the guy on the left his physique instantly reminded me of the Moors striker.

• @Vincey Yeah, have seen it now and there's definitely a resemblance in the legs and height.

• That is some remarkable sleuthing from @Vincey - you should be working for GCHQ if you're spotting new players from just a few pixels of their back.

Signing a 6'9 target man would be very Wycombe. Would it mean a reversion to route-one 433 Bayoball? Is he any good at holding the ball up?

• 6 foot 9 is remarkable.

• Quite mobile, loves a backheel, and has a screamer in his locker.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    and has a screamer in his locker.

That's really going to annoy his team mates while they're changing before a match, ?

• Any idea on his injury record? With him being so extremely tall I’d have thought it would put his body under some strain.

• Scenes when JJ drops every corner perfectly on his head for him to nod in without even jumping.

• edited July 2021

Someone who worked for Eastleigh and saw him play in the National League just messaged me raving about him. Admittedly they're a Wycombe fan, but still.

Watch it turn out to be a different player entirely now...

• I would get very excited if it is true, even without knowing anything else about the player but what has been written above. We know how to develop target men, even with varying techniques (Bayo and Uche could barely be more different in skillset, to my mind). I would love every tall player below L2 to be aspiring to be the next Wycombe target man plucked from relative obscurity.

• @Chris said:
    Any idea on his injury record? With him being so extremely tall I’d have thought it would put his body under some strain.

Not sure, but he was playing 11th tier as recently as October.

• Plus he's only 21 at the oldest (can't find his DOB anywhere).

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Plus he's only 21 at the oldest (can't find his DOB anywhere).

15th June

• Definitely the kind of player that excites me too. I hope we sign him, that’s even assuming it is him.

• He's in Solihull Moors' training photos from yesterday, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

• edited July 2021

My only slight doubt is the hair - hard to tell if it's too long at the back to be him or not cause you have to zoom in so close.

• Is that him in one of these photos too? Unfortunately even further away.

• @Chris said:
    Is that him in one of these photos too? Unfortunately even further away.

In that one he doesn't look much taller than Freeman, but I guess it's hard to tell where exactly they're stood in relation to one another / the camera.

• I thought it was Stewart in the photo - it’s hard to judge his height apart from the ‘lanky’ look as a result of some short shorts. Maybe my eyesight is playing tricks on me though.

• Not sure, looks too slender to be Stewart to me

• Plus he's wearing the old training kit

• So hard to tell without a better quality picture but I’ve just had a look at his Instagram and he recently uploaded a video of his highlights (looks a talent) and the boots he seems to be wearing in that vid to me look potentially the same as in the photo. If it is him sign him up! Would be phenomenal to have a 6ft 9 outfield player!!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Plus he's wearing the old training kit

What’s the significance of him wearing the old training kit? Glancing through the pics; it’s a mix. Were you intimating that trialists etc would get given an old one?

• I don't think it would mean abandoning the back 3 at all - looks similar to Uche in style, although I haven't properly seen him play.

• @JohnBoy said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Plus he's wearing the old training kit

What’s the significance of him wearing the old training kit? Glancing through the pics; it’s a mix. Were you intimating that trialists etc would get given an old one?

Looked that way - assumed all the current players would have the new one with their numbers on.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I don't think it would mean abandoning the back 3 at all - looks similar to Uche in style, although I haven't properly seen him play.

Check out his best bits on his Instagram page.

• @DPR38 Will do, just been watching some bits on YouTube and I can certainly see why so many League One and Championship clubs are being linked with him.

• @Chris said:
    6 foot 9 is remarkable.

His club has him down as 210cm which is a centimetre shy of 6ft 11.

Imagine him and Bayo up front