Skip to content

Derby County FFP and the EFL

Comments

• Sorry folks, I'm not sure what's happened here. When I wrote that several days ago, it didn't seem to post, so I sent it again, then tried a couple more times before it posted. Days later three copies turn up like buses.

I still can't get my head round how the tax payer is being expected to subsidise DCFC playing Championship football.

• Sorry about the triple-posts - that's me marking people in admin as "not a spammer" and the system restoring the posts it had hidden.

• @drcongo said:
    Sorry about the triple-posts - that's me marking people in admin as "not a spammer" and the system restoring the posts it had hidden.

Aren't West Ham supporters allowed to post on here then?

• I hope Derby don't go out of business...but I also hope they at least get relegated.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I hope Derby don't go out of business...but I also hope they at least get relegated.

Same, pretty much what I've said all along

• edited January 2022

Ideal for me is they survive as a club and are bought out, that our claim is proven correct, we get a full payout and that we swap leagues this summer after a glorious promotion.

We'd be vindicated on and off the pitch, and we'd be set up to make a real attempt at being able to survive in the championship for a while.

• edited January 2022

@Username said:
    They survive as a club and are bought out, that our claim is proven correct, we get a full payout and that we swap leagues this summer after a glorious promotion.

We'd be vindicated on and off the pitch, and we'd be set up to make a real attempt at being able to survive in the championship for a while.

Passing Peterborough on the way, with Alan Swanny either being sacked for his woeful nonsense before, or ideally writing a full apology saying our last promotion wasn't anywhere near illegitimate, this year's one certainly was well deserved, and after Boro's experience he realises it's a very tough league to stay in and massively regrets saying we stunk the league up.

• @Malone said:

Passing Peterborough on the way, with Alan Swanny either being sacked for his woeful nonsense before, or ideally writing a full apology saying our last promotion wasn't anywhere near illegitimate, this year's one certainly was well deserved, and after Boro's experience he realises it's a very tough league to stay in and massively regrets saying we stunk the league up.

I like that @Malone.

• Whoops- before @HCblue strikes and puts me in detention, please insert a comma after ‘that’ ! But I do like Malone.

• I'd actually be upset if Alan got sacked; Swann-baiting is my favourite bloodsport.

• Second only to Ram baiting?

• Let’s hope Derby continue in some form. But why the administrators, who’s duty is solely to the debt holders (HMRC et al) are not selling assets (players) to pay the bills is just shameful.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I'd actually be upset if Alan got sacked; Swann-baiting is my favourite bloodsport.

Be careful swans are a protected species!

• @Forest_Blue said:
    Let’s hope Derby continue in some form. But why the administrators, who’s duty is solely to the debt holders (HMRC et al) are not selling assets (players) to pay the bills is just shameful.

Bit narrow-minded to presume the administrators should be doing their job properly. I think "the football family" should be doing more to raise funds for the club to continue. Maybe Wycombe-Derby 50-50 scarves sold at games, or a benefit match between Wycombe and, I dunno, someone like Middlesbrough, given by rights we should be playing them this season anyway.

Important to offer the hand of friendship across the great football rivalry divide.

• @mooneyman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    I'd actually be upset if Alan got sacked; Swann-baiting is my favourite bloodsport.

Be careful swans are a protected species!

Also forming the main part of our club badge!

• They've been given another month to prove funding until the end of the season because of course they missed yet another deadline and of course the EFL and everyone else are to blame.

• Sounds a fair solution as we do r want them going out of business.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Sounds a fair solution as we do r want them going out of business.

It's a fair solution if a buy out simply needs a couple weeks to be finalised. If that's not the case then Derby are already dead and should be being made to have a fire sale and liquidate.... If they can't prove they can pay their players till the end of the season then it's likely to really mess up the season at the last moment

• Whatever transpires I wouldn’t want them going out of business.

• I'd rather they went out of business now than at the end of March and removing their results drastically affected the Championship run in. The can can't be kicked down the road forever

• So their tax debts which will never be paid will increase a bit more

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Whatever transpires I wouldn’t want them going out of business.

I agree, but if prospective new owners are the only path being explored then they could well be in for a shock in a few weeks.

• Another month of victim blaming, great

• @StrongestTeam said:
    They've been given another month to prove funding until the end of the season because of course they missed yet another deadline and of course the EFL and everyone else are to blame.

Kicked the can a further month down the road to a point whereby their assets are going to be worth the sum total of f-all.

I'm guessing they are hoping to get this further extended to the end of the season.

I think the phrase is 'putting all their eggs in one basket'

Personally I believe that basket has a whacking get hole in the bottom of it

• @Blue_since_1990 said:

Nobody does but there needs to be a credible threat of this happening. Otherwise where’s the deterrent?

• edited January 2022

Over entitled Derby fans are still moaning.
    They've been thrown a lifeline and they're complaining about the colour of the rope!

• edited January 2022

@Blue_since_1990 said:

Nobody does but there needs to be a credible threat of this happening. Otherwise where’s the deterrent?

You don't think there is a credible threat to Derby's existence?

• For the sake of clarity, @Glenactico should have been ‘credited’ with the second quote in @eric_plant’s comment at 1.27pm. In editing, he must have inadvertently deleted the source.

• The extension is total EFL bullshit. Their procrastination is the key reason that Derby are in this position. If they had acted swiftly 2 or 3 years ago when this shitstorm was emerging it would have been painful but far less painful for Derby. Having the tax payer funding a Championship club and the excessive wages of celebrity managers is not the way forward.