Skip to content

Derby County FFP and the EFL

Comments

• I'm sorry @Ed but MM is not on record as saying that. He admitted delaying resubmitting the corrected accounts (although the interview on BBC Derby has long since been deleted) but the appeals panel verdict gave them that loop hole. It was a travesty of justice, and RC has taken measures to address the wrong. I'm sure neither Wycombe nor the EFL were happy about the delaying but the reason there wasn't a legal challenge then is because there weren't any grounds to make a legal challenge.

Anyway we can argue this till the cows come home. Truth is we were relegated and are now still in L1, Derby "survived" to play in the Championship but are now also in L1.

• Opening game of the season should be a love in of the Maxwell family. Derby v Oxford

I understand Ghislaine is still listed as a shareholder at Oxford too

• If you deliberately miss a deadline to submit info where you know the findings will get you relegated so you can take the points deduction later then yeah, you cheated another team out of staying up. Suggestion was that Mel had admitted to doing exactly this on an interview.

The Stretford Rooney Kirchner stuff stinks btw, but that's the EFL and the administration fault for not getting him to put up or shut up earlier. Whole sorry business has carried on far too long, hope it can be put behind everyone soon enough.

• edited July 2022

Derby takeover complete, should shut them up

• Now the entitlement bullshit starts

• I'll miss this thread!

• Will the new manager get Rooney's 40 signings?

• edited July 2022

Evening all.

Dunno what happened to my last post lol but anyway. Entitlement is a good word for it with them!

Hope Mr. Couhig and yourselves get your just desserts- to my mind Wycombe were cheated out of a place in the Championship this time last year largely by Derby prevaricating on accounts perhaps- compensation to Wycombe and on a wider note, the necessary business plan for Derby feel a must. Suffice to say I'll be hoping Wycombe get a good result or 2 vs them next season.

• Cheers @BristolCityInPeace1 - how are things looking for the Robins? It sounds like a pretty difficult financial situation for you currently?

• Just so you know @BristolCityInPeace1, you don’t really need the “in peace” bit as we hate the horse punchers as much as you do.

• Have we got our money yet?

• It's in the same box as injury news, contract lengths etc.

• Whether HMRC have been made whole is a matter of public interest, I am disappointed that this at least has not been divulged. I imagine that ultimately this would be within reach through FOI.

• Although the new guy is rumoured to have put in far more than someone logical would have, you'd imagine they probably did cave in a bit as nobody is crowing about them having been paid in full, if this is the case HRMC won't be keen to publicly admit it and set a precedent.

Just remember when the signings inevitably roll in , and it's rumoured lots will with four we'd never be able to afford already in negotiations, that you , me and every UK tax payer are subsidising them.

• All will be made clear in the administrators report, which will be a matter of public record...

• Would that also be true of the agreement/claim Rob alluded we had as part of the admin process?

• I doubt it @TheDancingYak as my understanding was that the agreement created a post sale liability, though it probably should confirm if that is the case

• @Ed_ dont hold your breath for a quick response from HMRC to an FoI request, there is apparently a huge backlog of FoI requests across all of the civil service such that the Cabinet Office is alledged to have put a team together to basically fob people off; not that that should surprise you given our current governments antipathy to transparency & accountability.

• @Erroll_Sims Duly noted but FOI request has been lodged nonetheless. The word 'government' is fast becoming a misnomer in this sceptered isle.

• By all accounts a lot of members of our government seem to be too busy struggling with their trousers to be answering stupid questions from voters.

• In defence of HMRC, any tax compromise is confidential between the taxpayer and HMRC. The FOI request will be refused

• I’m guessing we will know the HMRC outcome from the administrator report and from any further points deduction. They have to settle HMRC in full. What we might not learn is that HMRC has taken an offer to get their 28million over 1 or 100 years.

• it would be a bizarre twist of legislation that sets out that the tax owing HMRC having been made public, whether or not it has been paid is then a matter of secrecy. I’m not disputing that various people might have good reason to wish it to remain secret, or indeed that ultimately the law would enable the same, but if it is so, it is a murky business in my opinion.

• Their use of the word 'suffering' makes a mockery of the millions around the world who are genuinely suffering.

• The HMRC will not want the amount of tax they have waived to be known as it will set a precedent for other clubs who fall in arrears with their tax. I just hope they will be on Derby like a rash to ensure substantial arrears are not built up again.

• One day Derby and their fans will own their problems. I’ll be long gone. But one day.