Skip to content

Match day thread: Preston

Comments

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Andrew Howard etc get your finger out and sign Mehmeti for a nice long deal. He’s the real deal and these players don’t come along often

Well stated, I'm sure they haven't considered it. Hope he's reading this.

Two defensive midfielders getting the ball up to one attacking midfielder, spreading the ball to two genuine wingers, crossing the ball into the one central striker.

1-0 Wycombe.

It's not rocket science.

• Really good first half, we look really up for it and are playing really well - really hope it continues

• 9 shots to 1, 4 on target. Domination.

• Gape and Thomson battling well, but need to be a bit cleaner with the pass.

Strong from Uche and Mehmeti, Taff a class apart. Would like to see GMc and Horgan higher up the pitch.

• That was an enjoyable half (for a change). I do like Adams Park on a sunny day

• The wind is pretty strong but I’m never sure how much of an advantage that is.
    Stockdale will need a cap against a strong low sun.

• That’s all we’ve been asking for.

• @aloysius said:

Two defensive midfielders getting the ball up to one attacking midfielder, spreading the ball to two genuine wingers, crossing the ball into the one central striker.

1-0 Wycombe.

It's not rocket science.

No it isn’t but we are currently playing one of the least up for it teams I’ve seen recently, so for a change we can play the game on our terms at the moment.

• @aloysius said:

1-0 Wycombe.

It's not rocket science.

Is this one down to Dobbo, or Mr Couhig's email?

• Fantastic first half and lovely balance between possession and long balls.
    Mehmeti is linking this altogether wonderfully well.
    Gape back in front of the back four with Thompson pressing brings back memories of last season.
    Two wingers playing well, Horgan looking more like the player we’d hoped he would be.
    Rotate against the teams we are unlikely to get anything from but this side should be playing I. The winnable games. I think we missed a trick Tuesday.
    Only 9 points behind as it stands! We’re coming for Birmingham!

• @bookertease said:

@aloysius said:

1-0 Wycombe.

It's not rocket science.

No it isn’t but we are currently playing one of the least up for it teams I’ve seen recently, so for a change we can play the game on our terms at the moment.

We've sensed a chance and they look awful and don't seem organised or up for it. We should probably be more than one up and have to expect more from them second half.

• @Malone said:

@aloysius said:

1-0 Wycombe.

It's not rocket science.

I think this one is because Ainsworth read @aloysius post on the gasroom and realised where he’d been going wrong.

• If @aloysius had been gaffer and @davecz number two we would have had far better quality players playing in the correct formation all season.

• We’ve played more accurate passes in that half (89) than the entire game against Birmingham (79) though no doubt the weather made a big difference. By a weird coincidence we’ve made exactly the same number of passes as Preston.

• I understand Rob Couhig read the formation chat on the gasroom and emailed Dobbo about it. He printed out the email and left it on Gareth’s desk. Influence.

• @Chris said:

@Malone said:

@aloysius said:

1-0 Wycombe.

It's not rocket science.

I think this one is because Ainsworth read @aloysius post on the gasroom and realised where he’d been going wrong.

Well I didn't like to say it myself...

• @Chris said:

@Malone said:

@aloysius said:

1-0 Wycombe.

It's not rocket science.

I can exclusively reveal that Gaz has stolen Paul Ince's tactics notepad.

• @drcongo said:
    We’ve played more accurate passes in that half (89) than the entire game against Birmingham (79) though no doubt the weather made a big difference. By a weird coincidence we’ve made exactly the same number of passes as Preston.

The quality of passing has been much better. Too often this season we have struggled to switch play from side to side either through a lack of accuracy or simply not being able to play the ball quickly enough.

• Different game this half at the moment...

• @ReadingMarginalista said:

@drcongo said:
    We’ve played more accurate passes in that half (89) than the entire game against Birmingham (79) though no doubt the weather made a big difference. By a weird coincidence we’ve made exactly the same number of passes as Preston.

The quality of passing has been much better. Too often this season we have struggled to switch play from side to side either through a lack of accuracy or simply not being able to play the ball quickly enough.

Exactly.

• Has Sean Maguire won a competition in Shoot magazine to play a match with a real professional football team?

• Gape is a revelation today.

• The only criticism today is a lack of plan or conviction up front. Too often passes go to men who aren't there. You saw the 4 on 3 break, and Uche makes a poor pass to Horgan which forces him too wide.

• We need 2-3 more subs.

• Please get a 2nd goal... this is going to be a tough last 10 to watch

• Lads are knackered.

• Subs? Ball is going to keep coming back downhill otherwise.

• All this talk of the dugouts obscuring the view is worrying me @bluntphil as I am at the back but behind the away bench!

• Thompson been great today