Skip to content

Match day thread: Sheffield Wednesday

Comments

• I'm not sure we're going to win again until August.

• Love the sentiment from Pete C, but can you imagine if they used a stopwatch on us over the last few years?!
    We'd have 3 hour games!

• Can we get a stopwatch with enough numbers on to deal with Rockys goal kicks when we go one jil up early?

• I think the spirit that saw has through so many games has gone. We just don’t seem capable of putting up a fight and the result is just a painful anaemia showing.

• Jason has to take this one, surely?

• I'm on the verge of turning the sound off, Pete is doing my head in, it's like listening to commentary for an American football game, awful

• we are building and preparing for.league 1

• @Wanderers82 serious question...do you often have to apologise to partner, family, friends and neighbours because 'things just got a little bit out of control'?

• @Wendoverman said:
    @Wanderers82 serious question...do you often have to apologise to partner, family, friends and neighbours because 'things just got a little bit out of control'?

Now now children, behave!

• @Wendoverman said:
    @Wanderers82 serious question...do you often have to apologise to partner, family, friends and neighbours because 'things just got a little bit out of control'?

I least I have those people in my life...very much doubt you have

• If you watch this as dispassionately as you possibly can, it’s actually quite funny. Like two teams of keystone cops.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I'm on the verge of turning the sound off, Pete is doing my head in, it's like listening to commentary for an American football game, awful

Not just picking on you cos lots of people have said similar things, but I dont actually mind the Yankee comms. I think if he was saying the same thing in an English accent nobody wouod complain

• At least McCleary might give them something to think about

• Horgan didnt look over happy about coming off there, dont blame him, he'll be gone in the summer

• If anything Ward has got worse as the game has dragged on

• Struggling team scores goal and hangs on for dear life. Sounds familiar.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Horgan didnt look over happy about coming off there, dont blame him, he'll be gone in the summer

When does his contract run to? Can't see us letting him jog off for free.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Horgan didnt look over happy about coming off there, dont blame him, he'll be gone in the summer

If someone buys him yes. I don’t expect players to be joyful when subbed.

• @HolmerBlue said:

Sadly who would notice

• @HolmerBlue said:

Where do you think he's going? He's done little as part of one of the worst championship teams in history. Who are biting their hands off to sign him? He'll be here as we won't want to sell him

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    If anything Ward has got worse as the game has dragged on

He's been awful bit I don't understand after all these matches we have worked how to win the same soft free kicks every one else does

• Onto the weekend then. Still 19 games to go, etc etc

• Sigh. That will do for me, seen enough

• edited February 2021

Another wheel falls off the clown car.

• Had high hopes for the defence tonight at least. I assume we'll just go again?

• @prufrock_91 said:

@HolmerBlue said:

Where do you think he's going? He's done little as part of one of the worst championship teams in history. Who are biting their hands off to sign him? He'll be here as we won't want to sell him

Probably to a team that plays more football than us, that can utilise an international player better

• "We were competitive" "Fine margins" "People write Wycombe off all the time" "My boys never give up".

Anyone for a game of post-match interview bingo? Probably better than this final 10 minutes.

• I just feel like we need to more direct... Ainsworth needs to delay making subs so early in the game too!!

• We look totally bereft of ideas going forward. I haven’t got a clue what the attacking game plan is.

I didn’t think this would happen but we seem to have lost belief. All the spirit, work rate and intensity has gone and body language is poor in places.

Really painful to watch, especially because Wednesday are also poor and look like a relegation side.

• @HolmerBlue said:

@prufrock_91 said:

@HolmerBlue said:

Probably to a team that plays more football than us, that can utilise an international player better

You understand he doesn't just sidle up to a team and decide they're going to sign him right?