Skip to content

Match day thread: Birmingham

Comments

• Half time ponder. No Stockdale on the bench tonight. Deliberate move to avoid Bluenose trolls?

• I’m hopeful. We’ve had quite a few dreadful first halves this season and a couple of them got much better in the second.

• Ifollow making a crappy game even crappier

• @ChasHarps said:
    Bloomfield touched the ball once in the first half I believe.

Bit of a passenger these days.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Half time ponder. No Stockdale on the bench tonight. Deliberate move to avoid Bluenose trolls?

Sent out on loan to Stevenage and starting for them tonight.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Half time ponder. No Stockdale on the bench tonight. Deliberate move to avoid Bluenose trolls?

Gone on loan to Stevenage

• It’s not a game where anyone has time to put their foot on the ball to be fair. Just hope we might see some constructive football as the players tire. But until then I don’t think Mehmeti would stand a chance.

• That was pretty bad. A lot to be said for being in the dry.

As an aside anyone seen the Sheff Wed goal at Bournemouth tonight. Comedy of errors

• @Shev said:
    Nnamdi a little rusty. That free kick...

Surely he didn't think he was going to pinball one in by "playing percentages" as Matt Cecil was trying to suggest.

• @ChasHarps said:

When was that ? I must have missed it

• I see Stockdale has conceded on his debut. Freeman started for Orient.

• Highlight so far was Tafa's back stick knockback, and Muskwe's effort.

Think this is set up for a very ugly 1-0 grab that will be a superb platform for us going forward.

• Bloomfield is a none league player at best

• @HolmerBlue said:

@ChasHarps said:

When was that ? I must have missed it

It went up up up in the air...then again that does not help you much ?

• Agree Blooms has to be replaced. Oh, they’ve started without me.

• @Malone said:

@Shev said:

Surely he didn't think he was going to pinball one in by "playing percentages" as Matt Cecil was trying to suggest.

Not sure who it is, but it's definitely not Matt Cecil!

• A draw is useless to us. In a must win game, its bleak to see we're clearly waiting until about 70 mins to take the game to them

• Horgan, McCleary and Kashket on for Muskwe, Blooms and Ofoborh please. We need to twist rather than stick.

• Doyle and Avery on commentary tonight.

This feels like we’re watching 10 outfield players who have never played together before. Not much communication - I often wonder why we put ourselves in more danger when we try to clear a ‘half chance’ when there is time available to take a touch and bring the ball down.

• @Brownie said:

@Malone said:

@Shev said:

Geoff Doyle and Sam Avery.

• What a save by Rocky!

• What a save.

• Fantastic save from Allsop

• alsopp what a save

• What a save that is from Allsop. I’m sure someone on Facebook will want him dropped for the next game.

• This game deserves to finish -1 apiece. Goalless is too kind.

• What a save that is, thought it was in. But according to Eric Plant he doesn't make any saves you don't expect him to.

• “Rocky only makes saves you expect him to make.”

• @Brownie said:

@Malone said:

@Shev said:

Whoops.