Skip to content

Match day thread: Birmingham

191011121315»

Comments

• @Lloyd2084 said:

@glasshalffull said:
    I’m going to ‘do a Micra’ here and confess that I don’t know how to do the thumbs up or down thingy, but how odd that four people thought my post about DrCongo’s apology was worthy of a thumbs down.

The opposite is the case. 4 people have given you the thumbs up!

A senior moment for me, thanks for explaining. I’ll get my coat.

• @drcongo I always look to you for balance and calm...so I thought we were really in the ****! Glad that normality has returned. Until Saturday...

• I think Saturday will be a proper game of football.

• Forest are not a long ball team so yes, it has potential.

• Forest have some good players and have strengthened their squad since we last played them. They also have a good manager (and a top bloke) in Chris Hughton. This will be a very tough game.

• Forest will likely play two aggressive wide attackers in Ameobi and Knockaert/Lolley with a target man up top (I’m guessing Grabban). Grimmer and JJ/Obita will have their hands full as all three of those Forest wingers like to cut inside and shoot from outside the box.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Forest have some good players and have strengthened their squad since we last played them. They also have a good manager (and a top bloke) in Chris Hughton. This will be a very tough game.

Glenn Murray is an interesting signing

• @Forest_Blue said:
    Forest will likely play two aggressive wide attackers in Ameobi and Knockaert/Lolley with a target man up top (I’m guessing Grabban). Grimmer and JJ/Obita will have their hands full as all three of those Forest wingers like to cut inside and shoot from outside the box.

Knockhaert is a renowned diver so hopefully we will get a competent ref,

• @mooneyman said:

@Forest_Blue said:
    Forest will likely play two aggressive wide attackers in Ameobi and Knockaert/Lolley with a target man up top (I’m guessing Grabban). Grimmer and JJ/Obita will have their hands full as all three of those Forest wingers like to cut inside and shoot from outside the box.

That's why they let him go, as Maupey is even more prolific. Think team GB have offered him a place at the next Olympics!

• @mooneyman said:

@Forest_Blue said:

Gavein Ward, according to @chairboyscentral...

• although I see that the official site says James Linington.

• edited February 2021

@our_frank said:
    although I see that the official site says James Linington.

So it does. I see, looking further down, that it is for the Wednesday match on Tuesday(!) that Gavin Ward is in charge. I must have misread his tweet.