Skip to content

FA Cup Drawer Monday 11th January

Comments

• Surely Crawley with Mark Towie will guarantee live BBC coverage? ('...whose documentary about getting back into football is now available on the iplayer.')

• @Wendoverman said:
    Surely Crawley with Mark Towie will guarantee live BBC coverage? ('...whose documentary about getting back into football is now available on the iplayer.')

Showed everything wrong with football reporting when the BBC interviewed Michelle Keegan's husband far more than one of the stars of the game in their breakfast news.

• To be fair I was quite interested (as it's lockdown for Gawd's sake and I'm too old to even know who he is) but it's just yakking to camera. Would have made one decent half hour I think, probably leading up to the game on Saturday, but two episodes so far just listening to his family chatting about how proud they are are of him is two episodes too many. For that reason I'm ooot.

• @Shev said:
    Roughly a one in five chance of a "big six club" (6 outof 31).

Or a one in five chance of a lower league club!

• Here are the options in ranking form. Looking at the below, I would be fairly happy if we could just avoid the 10 Championship sides. Obviously the further away from us upwards and downwards, the better.

Big Six
    1. Tottenham
    2. Man United
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool
    5. Man City
    6. Chelsea

Feisty PL middle class
    7. Southampton (if they beat the Shrews)
    8. Wolves
    9. West Ham (if they beat Stockport)
    10. Everton
    11. Leicester

Struggling PL teams:
    12. Sheffield United
    13. Burnley
    14. Fulham
    15. Brighton

Boring second tier matchups:
    16. Bournemouth
    17. Swansea
    18. Nottingham Forest
    19. Barnsley
    20. Millwall
    21. Bristol City
    22. Brentford
    23. Luton
    24. Sheffield Wednesday
    25. Norwich

League One
    26. Plymouth
    27. Shrewsbury (if they beat Southampton)
    28. Doncaster
    29. Blackpool

League Two:
    30. Crawley
    31. Cheltenham

Non-league:
    32. Chorley
    33. Stockport (if they beat West Ham)

• My main wish is to avoid Luton. Other than that, not overly fussed, but a home draw would be ideal. Any match in the 4th round will be huge for us as far as I'm concerned!

I guess Leicester would be best avoided, as that would leave us without Knight and Muskwe. Likewise, Everton would see Adeniran unavailable.

• Actually loanees can play against their parent club in FA Cup ties unless there is a clause in the specific loan agreement banning it

• Nice to get one of the top six...as they hate it...the ones who know they are not going to win the league or get into Europe tend to (or at least should) be more cup orientated I think.

• Hate it so much they have won it all but 3 of the last 32 years

• edited January 2021

@LX1 said:
    Hate it so much they have won it all but 3 of the last 32 years

Was going to say! Even the league cup is won by the top 6 about 9 in 10 years too.

Things have moved on from the days you had 15 players in a squad all playing 58 games each.

• Everton home or away please I'm not to fussy!

• I've decided I quite like this drawing of the 4th and 5th at the same time, whatever the reasoning behind it. Unless of course it comes out as Luton and Millwall.

• Tottenham Hotspur at home for 4th round!

• Fantastic draw!

• Great draw, looking forward to Ikpeazu bullying em in submission

• excellent draw for us

Great Draws for Chorley v Wolves & Cheltenha v Man City

• @bigred87 said:
    Great draw, looking forward to Ikpeazu bullying em in submission

Into

• Great draw for us, not drawer!

• Who do we get in R5?

• It’s a great draw under normal circumstances. But we are likely to lose, and if we do win it will be such a shame not to be there. And we’ve played them before.

It does have a good angle for TV with an upset chance and a re run of a great tie from a couple of years ago.

• Beat Spurs then Everton!!!!

• Everton away in the 5th round. Can’t wait.

• Roll on the quarter finals basically.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    There you go @ryan_w_kirkby !!

Next best thing. Made up with the draw

• If fans are allowed back after 10th April, we could attend more games at Wembley than AP for the rest of the season

• @Glenactico said:
    It’s a great draw under normal circumstances. But we are likely to lose, and if we do win it will be such a shame not to be there. And we’ve played them before.

It does have a good angle for TV with an upset chance and a re run of a great tie from a couple of years ago.

If Spurs play a similar squad to yesterday we will win and lets not forget how close we came last time.
    Such a shame it will be without any fans. Another kick in the gut in a 12 months already full of them

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    Everton away in the 5th round. Can’t wait.

Could be Sheffield Wednesday

• So when are the club going to announce the ticket windows?

• I expect @Doob to make an appearance about ticket allocations any second now... (another classic FA Cup tradition)