Skip to content

International Premier League Striker signs...

12346»

Comments

• It feels like this season we've been getting balls into the box and it's not quite fallen to any of our players. So we've maybe not missed chances per se but haven't had a forward in the right places to turn good balls into chances. Hopefully Admiral is the man to be in the right place at the right time

• I wonder if the Knight and Admiral signings were linked at all, as in we could only keep Josh if we also take Admiral.

• @Vincey said:
    I wonder if the Knight and Admiral signings were linked at all, as in we could only keep Josh if we also take Admiral.

Or possibly Josh has "nudged" GA & Dobbo to have a closer look at him?

• @EwanHoosaami said:

Or possibly Josh has "nudged" GA & Dobbo to have a closer look at him?

of the two ideas this one is the more likely plus you suspect Knight's report to Leicester was how well we looked after him / integrated him into the set-up. Could end up being a good link up going forwards.
    I seriously admire Leicester as a club. Yes they spend but not silly money and they seem to pick up more than their fair share of bargains that they sell-on for big money

• Definitely! Leicester must be one of the best run PL clubs, and their recruitment generally seems very astute.

• You can see Josh Knight celebrating with him in a couple of shots on this...

• @Vincey said:
    I wonder if the Knight and Admiral signings were linked at all, as in we could only keep Josh if we also take Admiral.

Let's hope it's not like the Danny Rowe / his mate whose name I must admit I've forgotten deal like that.

Even when we could barely field a full bench and had players running on seriously empty Gaz didn't trust him to even get a minute of action!

• Nicky Walker - now at Alfreton Town.

Speaking of players not likely to get a minute of action - I see the left-back we signed from Chelsea Youth earlier in the season still hasn't been given a squad number, unlike all the other B-team players.

If he's not ready for the squad we really do need to sign a left-back this window - we can't spend anything up to half a season relying on McCarthy or Grimmer (or Wheeler? Freeman?) to cover that position if JJ gets injured.

• Let's just hope Admiral didn't turn to port over the festive period

• Guy Branston is the Loan Manager at Leicester (yes, there is such a thing). So I was imagining that his relationship in playing for us would have had an impact on getting Knight and the Admiral in on loan.

But having checked, he only played 9 games for us back in 2003, long before Gaz arrived on the scene. It’s funny how your mind plays tricks on you.

• We got into a right pickle the last time we trusted a loan manager

• @Vincey said:

Rather than the Foxes twisting our arms I was thinking more along the lines of Josh wanted to stay, and thought we should also have a look at another exciting young player with an idea to a loan...

• Hopefully he offered us a good spread of players

• @LX1 said:
    We got into a right pickle the last time we trusted a loan manager

I'm sure he explained your investments could go up or down

• @Rasputin said:
    Guy Branston is the Loan Manager at Leicester (yes, there is such a thing). So I was imagining that his relationship in playing for us would have had an impact on getting Knight and the Admiral in on loan.

But having checked, he only played 9 games for us back in 2003, long before Gaz arrived on the scene. It’s funny how your mind plays tricks on you.

Remember when Tommy Mooney was some sort of reserve/loanee/development type manager at Villa and we thought his "Links" with us would get us decent youngsters?

We got Donacien who had some utterly dreadful games and that was it.

Made worse by him popping up against us not long after and vaguely resembling a decent player then.

• @Rasputin said:
    Guy Branston is the Loan Manager at Leicester (yes, there is such a thing). So I was imagining that his relationship in playing for us would have had an impact on getting Knight and the Admiral in on loan.

I think Guy Branston would have serious problems if he tried to do loan favours for every single club he's played for - not in the Jefferson Louis league of journeymania, but not that far off.

• @Malone

Remember when Tommy Mooney was some sort of reserve/loanee/development type manager at Villa and we thought his "Links" with us would get us decent youngsters?

Made worse by him popping up against us not long after and vaguely resembling a decent player then.

Donacien may be going back to Stanley. The worst half as a centre back / full back I have ever seen (&I saw Carlos Lopez)!
    We also got a young slight striker from Villa who promised much but delivered little son of one of their coaching staff I seem to remember.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    @Malone

Donacien may be going back to Stanley. The worst half as a centre back / full back I have ever seen (&I saw Carlos Lopez)!
    We also got a young slight striker from Villa who promised much but delivered little son of one of their coaching staff I seem to remember.

When I was googling to try and remember Donacien's name I think I found him.

Jerrell Sellars who I cannot remember at all. 8 appearances. Then went to Cheltenham and now some Swedish first div team.

His wiki tells me that we also brought in Benjamin Siegrist - who I remember even less.
    1 appearance as a keeper in 2016.

• Listening to the music played over @drcongo youtube link, it sounds like Admiral may be another one to add to Benedicts' bible group among the staff?

• We also got a young slight striker from Villa who promised much but delivered little son of one of their coaching staff I seem to remember.

That was Neil Davis. Otherwise known as Nil Davis due to his lack of goal scoring ability.

• @LX1 said:
    We got into a right pickle the last time we trusted a loan manager

One of your greatest of all time @LX1

• Could say he’s branstanding.