Skip to content

International Premier League Striker signs...

Comments

• Would have preferred a Colonel but an Admiral will do.

Hopefully despite some peak shimmering apery from the usual suspects above he will be ....admired....by...all.

I'm off.

• Good job we didn’t make a song and dance about signing that lad called Eze, that Mawson fella and some kid who scored for us in the play-off semi finals.

• @Gary said:
    Good job we didn’t make a song and dance about signing that lad called Eze, that Mawson fella and some kid who scored for us in the play-off semi finals.

my bloody point , he did NOT make a song and dance so expectations were set...this time around he made out we were signing a proven striker

• This has honestly made my day

• I like this new spot the richie thread...

• @eric_plant said:
    This has honestly made my day

you must have an incredibly boring like sir !

• @Wanderers82 said:

@eric_plant said:
    This has honestly made my day

you must have an incredibly boring like sir !

life I mean!

• Does he play off Ikpeazu or does he play instead of Ikpeazu when Uche isn't available?

Looks like one Gareth wants to bed in ahead of signing on a free at the end of the season; possibly more with League 1 in mind but who knows. Looks an exciting prospect and the Leicester U23s have done us proud so far this season.

Speaking of which - wonder whether this loan has any bearing at all on what's going on for Josh Knight. We can do without him at the weekend (it would be nice to see Charles in the team for that) but would be very helpful to have him back for the league!

Also, does this mean that we definitely have to lose a member of the squad now? Unless he's a direct swap for Knight of course...

• @davecz said:
    Didn't expect us to go mad on a striker, but this seems very underwhelming,shows a
    a distinct lack of ambition and hardly giving Ainsworth the tools to do the job. Is this guy better than Parker? Parker must have done something terrible.

Been at Leicester since he was 7. I would suggest that a top Premier club would not keep renewing his contract if he didn't have a modicum of ability.

Josh Parker is 30 and has played for 13 clubs all mainly at lower than Championship level. I think it is possible that this signing could be better than Parker, but I will bow to your superior knowledge.

• @Wanderers82 Genuinely, who would you like us to sign?

• @floyd said:
    @Wanderers82 Genuinely, who would you like us to sign?

someone who would improve us and someone who has actually scored!

• @Wanderers82 said:

@floyd said:

And what makes you sure The Admiral doesn’t fit those categories?

• edited January 2021

@Wanderers82 said:

@floyd said:

Who? Come on fella. Help out the club you so heartily support or it just looks like you're a one note whinger.

• Think we needed a bit more insurance in those forward positions

• @mooneyman -I don't profess to have superior knowledge just looking at the facts. Parker has scored goals at senior level , Admiral hasn't.

• Maybe we should sign Jimmy Greaves?

• For my part I think we should sign a striker who can score us 40 goals a season, a midfielder who is defensively sound and yet can score while getting twenty or thirty assists a season, a defender of England calibre and a goalkeeper who will win the golden glove at the end of the season. Is that so hard? (I will leave the details to GA, Dobbo and Rob but if they need any more help...)

• @Wanderers82 said:

@Gary said:
    Good job we didn’t make a song and dance about signing that lad called Eze, that Mawson fella and some kid who scored for us in the play-off semi finals.

my bloody point , he did NOT make a song and dance so expectations were set...this time around he made out we were signing a proven striker

When did we ever say that?
    And how much do you think a proven scorer in this division will cost?

• Isn’t it amazing how some people write off players they know nothing about before they’ve even seen them kick a ball for the club? As someone said, how many people had heard of Eze, Mawson, Oforborh, Adeniran etc and they didn’t turn out too bad, did they?

• When I first saw the headline I thought it was a new shirt deal.
    Surely an ‘insurance policy’ by the Foxes in case we pinch Knight.
    On second thoughts maybe a pill sweetener cause they want Knight back.

• In fairness, had any of them been on loan to clubs 2 leagues below and had no impact?

Underwhelming, but hoping to be proved wrong.

I suspect this is a loan with a view to buy, so even if he's not good enough to make an impact this year it could still be a good move in time

• edited January 2021

All this talk about a song and dance has made me wonder, what if we really did make a song and dance about these unveilings....(slips into daydream)

(Dancers in bright colours wiggle their hips as they move towards the camera, clicking their fingers in time)
    "Admiral Muskwe....Ooooooh Admiral Muskwe"

(Well known diva approaches the mic from stage left, dressed to the nines)
    "Well let me tell you bout-a Admiral Muskweeeeeeeeeeeeee"

(Backing singers harmonize)
    "Muskweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

(Diva resumes as dancers continue their gyrating)
    "Well his name's Admiral, the commander of cool
    We're lost in admiration though he's just out of school
    Doubling down on Leicester kids 'cause Knight saves the day
    You know we're gonna stay up on the ultimate day

(Dancers)
    "Admiral Muskwe....Ooooooh Admiral Muskwe"

(Backing singers)
    "Muskweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

• @Cambridge_Blue said:
    I'm torn on who to trust on the wisdom of this signing. A highly excitable fan called @Wanderers82 or GA, a man who's led us from the bottom of league two to looking close to competitive in one of the biggest leagues in the world.

Take no notice of that tit (not GA). Have a look back though his thoughts on here (he used to post under a different name, but the content was depressingly similar). Went through a period of claiming he was never coming again after any defeat (sadly still here) and rarely posts anything but hissy fit overreactions and dismisses virtually every signing as not good enough.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Think we needed a bit more insurance in those forward positions

True but I’m guessing the new lad won’t be filling the dressing room with the the by-product of yet another kambucha basses smoothie or indeed his David Ike like views on the virus.

• @Username said:
    In fairness, had any of them been on loan to clubs 2 leagues below and had no impact?

Underwhelming, but hoping to be proved wrong.

I suspect this is a loan with a view to buy, so even if he's not good enough to make an impact this year it could still be a good move in time

Do you know that he made no impact at Swindon?
    Yes, he didn’t score for them but he might have played well and created goals for other players.

• @arnos_grove said:

@Cambridge_Blue said:
    I'm torn on who to trust on the wisdom of this signing. A highly excitable fan called @Wanderers82 or GA, a man who's led us from the bottom of league two to looking close to competitive in one of the biggest leagues in the world.

Take no notice of that tit (not GA). Have a look back though his thoughts on here (he used to post under a different name, but the content was depressingly similar). Went through a period of claiming he was never coming again after any defeat (sadly still here) and rarely posts anything but hissy fit overreactions and dismisses virtually every signing as not good enough.

get your facts right you cretin, I have posted positive comments...look through if you like...I.just post my thoughts...some are positive...some are not...some are constructive

• @davecz said:
    @mooneyman -I don't profess to have superior knowledge just looking at the facts. Parker has scored goals at senior level , Admiral hasn't.

My post above was in response to this bu @davecz . Not the @DJWYC14 .

• @Shev still getting no sleep? :smiley:

• @Username said:
    In fairness, had any of them been on loan to clubs 2 leagues below and had no impact?

To be fair, his loan period was curtailed pretty quickly by lockdown and the FL suspension. I wonder if Swindon tried to get him back for the start of this season in L1.

• @Wanderers82 said:

@arnos_grove said:

@Cambridge_Blue said:

get your facts right you cretin, I have posted positive comments...look through if you like...I.just post my thoughts...some are positive...some are not...some are constructive

some are just 'we do not look like scoring' but I assumed that was your catchphrase.