Skip to content

International Premier League Striker signs...

Comments

• The fact he could only attract a league 2 loan club is the worrying part for me

• If you think @Wanderers82 is annoying on here, imagine actually being @Wanderers82.

The horror.

• Was genuinely hoping we went in for gnanduillet, latest on him is that he could be going to Rotherham

• @Wanderers82 said:
    get your facts right you cretin, I have posted positive comments...look through if you like...I.just post my thoughts...some are positive...some are not...some are constructive

Is there a ... subliminal morse code - - - message in ... there?

• @drcongo said:
    If you think @Wanderers82 is annoying on here, imagine actually being @Wanderers82.

The horror.

I'm very happy thank you for caring...hope you are happy also fella

• @Username said:
    Was genuinely hoping we went in for gnanduillet, latest on him is that he could be going to Rotherham

agreed , at least someone with scoring background, tbf I think Uche is class and will be a huge player for us

• david nugent going to Buriton...again he has scoring experiences

• Incidentally, there are 25 days remaining in January before the transfer window closes.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Incidentally, there are 25 days remaining in January before the transfer window closes.

Yep, I'm still hopeful - and GAs record with loans is pretty incredible, but realistically finding a striker that can score in the championship within our budget is by far the hardest spot he's had to try and fill. Fingers crossed this lad is a hidden gem

Also wary that we're limited numbers and money wise, so I'd be surprised if we signed multiple strikers this window unless we do a lot of outgoing business

• @Wendoverman said:
    @Shev still getting no sleep? :smiley:

Minimal!

• @Username said:
    The fact he could only attract a league 2 loan club is the worrying part for me

Surely not knocking 22 year old players who go to League Two clubs for experience @Username ? How do you feel about signing 19 years olds from Essex Senior League? :smiley:

• @Wanderers82 said:
    david nugent going to Buriton...again he has scoring experiences

Buriton nearer to Preston for an aging Northerner than Wycombe?

• @Wanderers82 said:

The David Nugent who only scored ONE goal for Preston last season?

• @Cambridge_Blue said:

@Wanderers82 said:

The David Nugent who only scored ONE goal for Preston last season?

one more senior goal than the super signing which Matt reported lol

• @Wendoverman said:

@Wanderers82 said:

Honestly, plucking a name out of thin air and suggesting we should have signed him is just complete nonsense unless you know all the facts which Wanderers82 clearly doesn’t.

• @glasshalffull said:

@Wendoverman said:

@Wanderers82 said:

Honestly, plucking a name out of thin air and suggesting we should have signed him is just complete nonsense unless you know all the facts which Wanderers82 clearly doesn’t.

I was not suggesting we sign nugent , was just making the point that even clubs in lower leagues than us are making more proven players than us

• @Wendoverman said:

@Username said:
    The fact he could only attract a league 2 loan club is the worrying part for me

Surely not knocking 22 year old players who go to League Two clubs for experience @Username ? How do you feel about signing 19 years olds from Essex Senior League? :smiley:

I've not knocked him, I've said long term it might be a good signing, and the same would apply to Mehmeti, but we need someone to come in and make a huge difference immediately.

It might be it's simply impossible to sign anyone like that, but if we want to stay up that's what's needed even with Uche fit IMO

• Looking on a positive note it could be that Leicester want us to give him some first team football at Championship level as a return on us keeping Josh Knight. In any case a team that is third in the Premier league is quite a good one to be building up a good relationship for loan players.

• What an incredible thread. We do have some scummy posters on here. It's a wonder anyone would ever get a pre game thumbs up.

Welcome to Wycombe Admiral and I hope I get to see you adding to our team in person at some stage soon

• I remember seeing Muskwe play at some point in the past, though for the life of me I can't remember how, where, when or why. However, he stuck in my head for two reasons: 1. He looked pretty useful, and 2. He has memorable name.

I'm relatively pleased by this signing.

• @drcongo said:
    I remember seeing Muskwe play at some point in the past, though for the life of me I can't remember how, where, when or why. However, he stuck in my head for two reasons: 1. He looked pretty useful, and 2. He has memorable name.

you would....but please remember we are a championship team not a league 2 one

• @Chickenhead said:
    Looking on a positive note it could be that Leicester want us to give him some first team football at Championship level as a return on us keeping Josh Knight. In any case a team that is third in the Premier league is quite a good one to be building up a good relationship for loan players.

Agreed, Leicester are a club who have really built on their amazing wonder season and are turning into perennial European contenders, building a relationship with them would be really helpful... Might also piss off the relatively local Pish if we get trusted with their better loanees over them ?

• @Wanderers82 said:

@drcongo said:
    I remember seeing Muskwe play at some point in the past, though for the life of me I can't remember how, where, when or why. However, he stuck in my head for two reasons: 1. He looked pretty useful, and 2. He has memorable name.

you would....but please remember we are a championship team not a league 2 one

@Wanderers82 have you actually seen Muskwe play?

• Imagine being this young lad and finding this thread, where a number of really old dull middle aged men are making puns on his name and slating him.

It's a trap!

• @Malone said:
    Imagine being this young lad and finding this thread, where a number of really old dull middle aged men are making puns on his name and slating him.

It's a trap!

Rhyming slang?

• I've turned a blind eye to the puns, but when the Gasroom experts cast their eye over a new signing it is always best to take notice. Or log off. One of the two.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Malone said:
    Imagine being this young lad and finding this thread, where a number of really old dull middle aged men are making puns on his name and slating him.

It's a trap!

Rhyming slang?

google Admiral Ackbar...

• Wanderers82 seems to be confusing his admirals by thinking he's armless

• Just bear in mind, Dennis Adeniran had never played a senior game of football. Went straight into the squad and made a difference.

Admiral is not dissimilar. Went to League 2 Swindon, didn’t get a start and played around 100 minutes before the season was curtailed.

Maybe he can make a similar impact. GA has previous of finding gems on loan - why on earth would anyone write off a player that’s yet to even play for us.

• The headlines are already written for when he scores his first goal winning us our next game....Admiral Whacka