Skip to content

Match day thread: Bristol City

Comments

• @Malone said:

@micra said:

@chairboyscentral said:

@floyd said:
    Can i mention that our two best chances came as a result of 'hoofing it up to Bayo?'

Exactly

But not from Bayo headers.

If Bayo scores a header will you take a forfeit?

I think we all would.

• edited December 2020

The phrase "Mcleary looks good" is often seen on here, but for me, that's where it ends. I don't know why, (possibly the rest of the team not getting into position quick enough), but for me he flatters to deceive, a bit like Horgan. Nearly every time, it appears to me, he slows the momentum down. Cue, Mclearly having a blinder 2nd half!

• But I do think we'll see more of a 'job share' between him and Uche in the second half of the season.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I’ll be watching out for flying pigs @Malone !

• If Bayo scores (and believe me I hope he does) we'll all be claiming an assist

• FFS. Get a Midfielder on

• What an awful start to the half! Lucky again.

• Bayo is putting his body through untold strain to lead the line for us because the player we bought to do that job has not been available all season.

Deserves a bit more respect than sniffy fans full of turkey sitting on their sofas and bemoaning his lack of movement if you ask me.

And as has been mentioned, he is by some distance our most likely way back into those match.

I guess this is what happens if you leave the quaint twee stuff to the side and try to analyse a game for once

• Eyes lit up at that Grimmer ball to Horgan. What a chance.

• @fame_46 said:

@drcongo said:

@DJWYC14 said:
    @micra really needs to lay off Bayo, how many times has he proved his worth?

Hardly just @micra is it. Pretty much the majority opinion in this thread.

@drcongo - only needs saying once though. Every post is an indirect dig at Bayo pretty much. Especially when @chairboyscentral has backed up with fact (stats) Bayos impact on the game. In essence Bayo is actually doing his job. Are we making him scapegoat because he hasn't won a couple of headers?

A couple!?

• Good chest down by Bayo.

• @micra said:
    I’ll be watching out for flying pigs @Malone !

I know we've been pretty poor this season losing most games and scoring record low goals, but the prospect of our main striker scoring a goal leading to a comment like that is pretty gloomy!

• Bit harsh but like most of us I’m frustrated.

• My main frustration with Horgan is his decision making. For someone that’s played at international level, he does seem to make the wrong choice rather often. Or maybe the players round him aren’t as sharp as he’s used to.

• Good but ineffective header by Bayo

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    The phrase "Mcleary looks good" is often seen on here, but for me, that's where it ends. I don't know why, (possibly the rest of the team not getting into position quick enough), but for me he flatters to deceive, a bit like Horgan. Nearly every time, it appears to me, he slows the momentum down. Cue, Mclearly having a blinder 2nd half!

Genuinely gobsmacked at this opinion. I love him.

• @fame_46 said:

@micra said:

@fame_46 said:

@drcongo said:

@DJWYC14 said:
    @micra really needs to lay off Bayo, how many times has he proved his worth?

Hardly just @micra is it. Pretty much the majority opinion in this thread.

@drcongo - only needs saying once though. Every post is an indirect dig at Bayo pretty much. Especially when @chairboyscentral has backed up with fact (stats) Bayos impact on the game. In essence Bayo is actually doing his job. Are we making him scapegoat because he hasn't won a couple of headers?

A couple!?

Did you miss the beautiful hold up play and inch perfect pass into McCleary stride in the first half then @micra?

Probably too busy writing another negative Bayo post no doubt.

Probably.

• @floyd said:
    My main frustration with Horgan is his decision making. For someone that’s played at international level, he does seem to make the wrong choice rather often. Or maybe the players round him aren’t as sharp as he’s used to.

He's looked more 'settled' in the couple of Ireland games I've watched him in.

• @micra said:
    Good but ineffective header by Bayo

There's 10 other players out there son.
    Unless you're trying a bit of trolling to liven up our latest "nearly" performance.

• I dont believe Bayo would still be starting every game if ikpeazu was fully fit...so he obviously isnt. All hail the big man.

• Good control by Bayo.

• I think this is the first bad game Grimmer's had for us.

• This is turning into the Barnsley game, complete with red and white hosts.

• @micra said:
    Good control by Bayo.

This is tedious now, you've made your point.

• @Shev said:
    This is turning into the Barnsley game, complete with red and white hosts.

Bloody hell, it's been much better than that.

• When is Bakinson going to get a yellow?

• @chairboyscentral said:

@Shev said:
    This is turning into the Barnsley game, complete with red and white hosts.

Bloody hell, it's been much better than that.

"turning into"