Skip to content

Match day thread: Bristol City

Comments

• edited December 2020

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@DJWYC14 said:
    Charles in despite being written off as old news a couple of weeks ago on here

Think you might be giving a little too much importance to those who posted those views. I'd say very much a minority view.

Feel sorry for McCarthy but it seems his one big error a game is a problem despite him being solid for the remainder.

Guessing Freeman must be ill or injured.

A minority view? That he might not feature too heavily going forward?
    Even though the pecking order is clearly Knight and Stewart then Tafazolli and McCarthy and we even seemed to favour playing Grimmer there over him?
    And there's talk of bringing another defender in by Gaz?

Hardly a crazy view to wonder where he fitted in was it.
    I doubt anyone wants him to fail!

• I'd have Dennis sitting with Thompson...

• As in previous weeks, excited by the lineup and, as in the last few, hoping we can make the system work for us this week, helped by the huge number of injuries Bristol seem to have.

• McCleary and Horgan are going to have to join in a fair bit today or Curtis will work miracles for an hour and we'll still get smashed.

• Unsurprised to see Freeman’s excellent passing and calm hold-up play last week has earned him a middle finger this week.

• I hope Chris Martin picks up an early yellow...

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I hope Chris Martin picks up an early yellow...

He really will turn up at anything won’t he. Thought the Glastonbury thing was bad enough.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I hope Chris Martin picks up an early yellow...

I don't know him. Why do you say that?

• Oh, I may see. Was it a Coldplay gag?

• Anyone else not able to get onto iFollow?

• When we started our run of better form, it was Thompson and Adeniran in midfield together.... why can they not be now ??

• @drcongo said:
    Unsurprised to see Freeman’s excellent passing and calm hold-up play last week has earned him a middle finger this week.

First name I looked for, so more than a bit surprised!

• Surprised that @bluntphil has been dropped, but his performances have certainly earned him a rest!

• @floyd said:
    Surprised that @bluntphil has been dropped, but his performances have certainly earned him a rest!

BBC won't let their reporters travel outside tiered regions - he's doing Watford - Norwich later!

• @HolmerBlue said:
    When we started our run of better form, it was Thompson and Adeniran in midfield together.... why can they not be now ??

Adeniran is only just coming back from an injury.

• Oh. Poor bloke.

• @Shev said:

@drcongo said:
    Unsurprised to see Freeman’s excellent passing and calm hold-up play last week has earned him a middle finger this week.

First name I looked for, so more than a bit surprised!

Not on bench either, injured rather than dropped?

• edited December 2020

I hope we stick a handful past Dan Bentley today (no, I'm still not over 2015).

• Every away game feels like Darlington at the moment.

• Thompson absolutely taking the piss there. So good to see.

• Has Bayo won a header yet ?

• @micra said:
    Has Bayo won a header yet ?

Yes.

• Freeman unavailable surely ?

• Would not fancy Bayo falling on my knee. Suspect their defender might have to go off.

• @micra said:
    Has Bayo won a header yet ?

Yep, 5/8

• Sorry but I find that stat extraordinary.

• Absolutely positive there was a handball in the build up to that goal.

• Woeful defending that. Far too easy for them.

• Same old story isn’t it?