Skip to content

Signature moments/games for each player

13»

Comments

• I’m equally impressed with the organising a stag weekend around a Wycombe game

• edited December 2020

CMS' winner to complete the 3-2 comeback v Scunthorpe

• @bookertease said:
    I’m equally impressed with the organising a stag weekend around a Wycombe game

Haha! Must run in our group of chairboys, I organised mine around Wycombe away at Bristol Rovers in 2005. With one of the reasons hoping it would encourage some to come and watch more regularly the following season.

Probably the worst game of football I have ever been to! Last game of the season, most of the group left by half-time. With 10 minutes to go we were all back in a pub on the Gloucester Road. The only occasion I've left a Wycombe match early without a proper reason to do so.

• @chairboyscentral said:

Was that the one he ran from the half way line skilfully heading it down to himself and running it for a great goal?
    If my memory is correct he was rested not long after and basically was then gazumped by Samuel who was like a younger version (but obvs without the goals..yet!)

• @Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Was that the one he ran from the half way line skilfully heading it down to himself and running it for a great goal?
    If my memory is correct he was rested not long after and basically was then gazumped by Samuel who was like a younger version (but obvs without the goals..yet!)

That the one! 2-0 down early on, pulled it back to 2-2, Rocky got sent off (later rescinded), won it in the fourth minute of stoppage time.

@Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

That the one! 2-0 down early on, pulled it back to 2-2, Rocky got sent off (later rescinded), won it in the fourth minute of stoppage time.

CMS had a little bit of a raw deal with us.
    Mostly utilised wide and then when we switched to him central for a while as an alternative to Bayo it looked like we'd found a brave new world of playing.

He scores that superb goal, gets a rest and then pretty much never got back in as Samuel did a lot of his strong points better.

• It was indeed a cracker...I was making my way to my customary post game escape corner when he started the run...fantastic goal.

• @Wendoverman said:
    It was indeed a cracker...I was making my way to my customary post game escape corner when he started the run...fantastic goal.

Hope you got involved in some real limbs and made sure to smash at least two people shorter or older than yourself into the railings while filming yourself.

• @Malone you know me too well.

• Was in the terrace when that goal went in, and to be honest pretty much everyone got involved in the limbs !

• CMS also had that fine hattrick against Crawley, all three of which were very well taken from the right side of the area. Does not beat Scunthorpe for drama, but was a very fine game, and remained the most recent hattrick for Wycombe until JJ's against Lincoln.

• edited December 2020

Tyson's must be that goal at Luton? Made all the better by the commentary and the limbs in the away end, but still.

Tyson's must be that goal at Luton? Made all the better by the commentary and the limbs in the away end, but still.

That and his header off the deck vs... Wrexham?

• His run and goal from the halfway line in the 3-2 win at Oldham. Our first away win for 12 months.

• His winner in the late comeback at home to Crewe was not half bad either,

• How about PCH? He scored a fair amount of late goals. The looping header at home to Doncaster?

• Tyson chasing that Sunderland player down the tunnel was his finest hour

• @Shev said:
    How about PCH? He scored a fair amount of late goals. The looping header at home to Doncaster?

How about the equalising header v Carlisle in the Beano game?

• Jermaine Easter at home v Chelsea or away at Charlton?

• @HCblue said:

@Shev said:
    How about PCH? He scored a fair amount of late goals. The looping header at home to Doncaster?

The weirdest thing about that game is that had Bean not scored, both games against Carlisle that season would have been 3-3 draws with PCH equalizers in injury time.

• @Shev said:

@HCblue said:

@Shev said:

The weirdest thing about that game is that had Bean not scored, both games against Carlisle that season would have been 3-3 draws with PCH equalizers in injury time.

Depends on you definition of "weirdest". The whole second half narrative was in the "weirdest" category by at least one definition I could come up with! It was funny because I recall at half-time, with us up 2-0 and looking extremely good for that lead, too, that it felt like it was going to be a fairly routine day at the office.

• Paris top corner from outside the box away at Accrington to cap his finest month in a wycombe shirt. Final moment which somhow persuaded Millwall to believe he was Championship quality and pay a transfer fee for him when in reality he was an inconsistent league 2 player. And then give him back to us a few months later.

• @eric_plant said:
    Tyson chasing that Sunderland player down the tunnel was his finest hour

That's one hell of a long tunnel.

• @Shev said:
    It feels like almost every player gets a massive "hero moment" at one point or another. Nick Freeman is one who never seems to (a couple of amazing passes aside). Perhaps he will score the goal which keeps us in the Championship.

• To expand on the above gif: Freeman came on with us losing and set up both the equaliser and the winner, both with some absolutely sublime footwork.

• @drcongo said:
    To expand on the above gif: Freeman came on with us losing and set up both the equaliser and the winner, both with some absolutely sublime footwork.

That is the best pass I can recall. There is also the Southend away pass to Kashket. I just don't think he has had that moment where he is front and centre for something major. The scorer tends to get the plaudits.

I live in hope Freeman will get involved this year. There is always that feeling of untapped potential!