Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Match day thread: Stoke

Β«13456789

Comments

  • That matchday feeling is back.
    Not the same and I don't think it will be until the normality of full crowds resume. But a first step back towards that nonetheless. Still got more of an excitement about tonight's game than any other so far this season. Finally able to offer some support to the team in person.

  • To everyone going have a great evening...
    Shout loud and sing even louder. Coyb

  • For those also lucky enough to get in tonight below are the check-in times as at took me a minute to find them:

    Check-In Time 1 – 18.30-18.45
    Check-In Time 2 – 18.45-19.00
    Check-In Time 3 – 19.00-19.15
    Check-In Time 4 – 19.15-19.30

  • "Stoke are missing Steven Fletcher, John Obi Mikel and Joe Allen."

    Reassuring they're missing, but also mental that we're on a level with clubs that have players.

  • @JohnBoy said:
    "Stoke are missing Steven Fletcher, John Obi Mikel and Joe Allen."

    Reassuring they're missing, but also mental that we're on a level with clubs that have players.

    Did clubs not have players in League One? ;)

  • Just in case people don’t know, this game is being shown on the sky sports red button tonight, so for anyone that didn’t get a ticket get the tv on!!

  • edited December 2020

    It might still be better to watch on iFollow. Last time we were on red button (Reading), Sky didn't have multi-cam or replays and the commentator sounded liked he'd rather be anywhere but there. Some red button games do have a proper set-up though, so fingers crossed.

  • The club gets some money from watching it on iFollow too.

  • I feel as though this is going to be an exciting game!

  • @drcongo said:
    The club gets some money from watching it on iFollow too.

    I'm sure WWFC tweeted recently that they get "all" the money from the ifollow games. When previously people had quoted it as being Β£8 of the Β£10. Even better if true.

  • edited December 2020

    @Shev said:
    I feel as though this is going to be an exciting game!

    Yep. No 0-0 stuff tonight!

    Looking at the grid in the stand I'm in - I have no idea if it'll be totally empty or whether there are 100s in there's there's loads of green space in there. As opposed to other stands that have 1 or 2 gaps.
    Will soon find out!!

  • @chairboyscentral said:

    @JohnBoy said:
    "Stoke are missing Steven Fletcher, John Obi Mikel and Joe Allen."

    Reassuring they're missing, but also mental that we're on a level with clubs that have players.

    Did clubs not have players in League One? ;)

    Bully

  • @Malone said:

    @Shev said:
    I feel as though this is going to be an exciting game!

    Yep. No 0-0 stuff tonight!

    Looking at the grid in the stand I'm in - I have no idea if it'll be totally empty or whether there are 100s in there's there's loads of green space in there. As opposed to other stands that have 1 or 2 gaps.
    Will soon find out!!

    Either way, enjoy! By my calculations you have to make enough noise for 8-9 people!

  • The picture on the red button is terrible!! Ifollow miles better

  • That settles it then. I don’t really need to see their ugly mugs (or how far they can spit!)

  • Not quite the season of goodwill yet. So, can I just go on record to say how pi$$€d off I am at not being at AP tonight, and all those gloaters on Twitter tell me (surprise surprise) they are looking forward to it really doesn’t help. COYB’s.

  • A far as I have been able to work out home clubs get Β£8.33 from each home iFollow pass (the remainder is VAT) out of which they pay roughly 30% (Β£2.50) to whoever is the relevant broadcast partner so for most clubs netting them Β£5.83. The away team has to "pay over" the first 500 iFollow pass receipts they sell to the home club and then keep the remainder

  • My gut says McCarthy in at RCB and Knight into midfield - but in a two with Blooms or a three with Blooms and Wheeler?

  • Ouch - Best three midfielders all out. Not ideal.

  • 4-4-2 with Blooms and Wheels in the middle and McCarthy wide?
    or 5-3-2 with McCarthy playing CB?
    or 4-3-3 with one of McCarthy and Knight in the middle with Wheels and Blooms?

    As long as they know!

  • Pattison out too presumably

  • Ouch. Missing Gape, Thompson and Adeniran (and Pattison too?) is a massive blow.

    Knight should be a strong presence in midfield if he plays there, let's hope McCarthy has a good game in central defence. I'd be less confident about McCarthy in midfield.

  • Knight and Bloomfield in the middle, Wheeler protecting JJ and Horgan roaming around in front of them would be my preferred option.

  • Not good losing your best midfielders. Hopefully not for too long. Worried about this evening A point would be good with so many injuries. Not sure where the goals are coming from.

  • Might be an opportunity for the much discussed Parker tonight.

  • @davecz said:
    Not good losing your best midfielders. Hopefully not for too long. Worried about this evening A point would be good with so many injuries. Not sure where the goals are coming from.

    Perhaps this is plan C?

  • That said, breaking up the Knight-Stewart partnership wouldn't be ideal and FB to DM is a fairly natural transition, so maybe McCarthy holding in a three.

  • At least it puts the β€˜why have we got a B team?’ conversation to bed.

  • That's an attacking bench !

Sign In or Register to comment.