Skip to content

Match day thread: Birmingham

123457»

Comments

• @micra said:
    @Wendoverman: On the evidence of last night’s game (and other recent games) I think we look capable of becoming a lower mid table club this season. I think that most (all perhaps) of the 14 players who contributed so impressively to that famous victory last night could justifiably claim to have avoided being “found out”.

Only 13 players used last night. Not often we keep a substitution up our sleeve.

• Ban Gareth from attending matches until we lose a game!

• It's funny, but it does put added pressure on Gareth a little bit when he comes back. Dobbo is two wins ahead already, after all!

• So many outstanding performances, my favourite was Josh King's Mawson-esque display bring the ball from the back with some surging runs. He's another player who's rising to the challenge of playing at this level, I'm sure he'll continue to impress either at centre-back or midfield if he's moved there to accomodate Tafazolli on his return to fitness.

• Was Dobbo wearing red crocodile boots Saturday and last night by any chance?

• Josh king is closely rivaling Stevern Taylor in being the most stylish ever loan player.
    He has been superb in every game.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Josh king is closely rivaling Stevern Taylor in being the most stylish ever loan player.

Well, he did start at Man Utd, played in the Prem last year, linked with Spurs etc..

• edited November 2020

so stylish he’s been promoted from a knight to a king?

A rookie error, you really should check, mate.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Josh king is closely rivaling Stevern Taylor in being the most stylish ever loan player.

Chas you have an amazing mix of incredible memory, and shocking spelling and getting player names wrong!

• Talking of Josh's...where is Josh Parker?

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Talking of Josh's...where is Josh Parker?

With Pattison and Charles. Battling to get back into the 18?

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Was Dobbo wearing red crocodile boots Saturday and last night by any chance?

Either that, or Gareth is stuck with lucky crutches now!

• We won against Wednesday and then won on a Wednesday.

• @ChasHarps said:

Hold on Mawson was a loanee and made the England squad 18 months later. A privilege to see him in the quarters.

• @DevC said:
    so stylish he’s been promoted from a knight to a king?

A rookie error, you really should check, mate.

Chas was just a pawn in this battle, I'm the one who's in check on for that spectacular blunder with the name.

• Eze was pretty stylish too

• I don't think Knight is quite at Steven Taylor levels yet but he's certainly a very very good player

We're lucky to have him