Skip to content

Match day thread: Birmingham

Comments

• What a second half. Josh Knight was outstanding this evening, as was Horgan, and Fred made all the difference when he came on, he was just brilliant.

• What a team!!! Fully deserved that after the second half performance

• @floyd said:
    Imagine the scenes in the away end right now.

?

• First team to score 2 vs Birmingham this season?

Outstanding.

• Could well have been a few more as well

• Feeling rather emotional. That felt so like a repeat of Filbert Street.

What a team this is.

• Superb to win that. This team is growing game by game.
    You cannot beat a 90+ min winner!

Not only draws the teams above us closer, but avoids hitting the bottom with the Wednesday points let off.

• A mention for Bayo too, must feel spent after 3 games in a week, 7 points from 9 since his return though, and he has been instrumental

• @drcongo said:
    What a second half. Josh Knight was outstanding this evening, as was Horgan, and Fred made all the difference when he came on, he was just brilliant.

Knight and Thompson are having their own little contest of who can be the cooler customer in possession.

• The sheer effort and industry every week is quite something to see. Every game they’re having to put in the kind of performance they’re probably only used to having to do once or twice a season in cup games. This year every game is a massive cup tie against bigger clubs, and to be able rise to that level game after game is mind boggling, and a joy to behold.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Feeling rather emotional. That felt so like a repeat of Filbert Street.

What a team this is.

Exactly the same here, struggled to keep it together at full time.

• Very much deserved, we got stronger as the match wore on and Fred made a real difference when he came on. So pleased we went for the win, as a draw would've been a decent result, but we could sense Birmingham were there for the taking and went for it. That's the sort of attitude that could potentially keep us up.

• The table looks a lot better looking now doesn't it. Up to 3rd bottom, and within touching distance of Forest, Coventry and Rotherham.

• Speechless! Just beaming with joy after that. We are well in this fight!

• @DJWYC14 said:
    A mention for Bayo too, must feel spent after 3 games in a week, 7 points from 9 since his return though, and he has been instrumental

spot on

• Is it normal to suffer excruciating cramp watching the football when we scored?

• @DJWYC14 said:
    A mention for Bayo too, must feel spent after 3 games in a week, 7 points from 9 since his return though, and he has been instrumental

Not to mention that he was meant to be coming off with about 15 to go, and ended up with a full 90!

• @Malone said:
    The table looks a lot better looking now doesn't it. Up to 3rd bottom, and within touching distance of Forest, Coventry and Rotherham.

And if Forest hadn't won in the 97th minute we'd be 4th from bottom.

• What I really like is how much the players seem to be enjoying their football at this level. Second half we were immense. Thompson (in particular) is beginning to really look like he belongs at this level.

• I liked this post on the Birmingham forum:

Anyone who saw Wycombe against Watford should have known they just keep trying and trying and trying (and i think that's why people have taken them to their hearts - including SKY) - but they have a shocking lack of talent and quality ........ but made us look completely shite

• Usual gasroom suspects very quiet tonight. What sad people they are. Knight and Stewart off the charts, Thompson bossing it, Horgan non-stop graft, Kashket absolute handful, Fred well pumped up. This team is heroic!

• Wonderful stuff, Happy days.

We're playing Nottingham Forest on Saturday! In the League! and they're only 2 points above us.

Knight and Kashket btw, great performances.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@Malone said:
    The table looks a lot better looking now doesn't it. Up to 3rd bottom, and within touching distance of Forest, Coventry and Rotherham.

And if Forest hadn't won in the 97th minute we'd be 4th from bottom.

Yep, but at least they've taken points off Coventry, thus keeping both within range.

• Alan Swann will be livid at this.

• Got to hand it to Bayo. Only thing missing now is a goal, but I feel we’re going to need Uche to step up soon to give Bayo a rest.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Usual gasroom suspects very quiet tonight. What sad people they are. Knight and Stewart off the charts, Thompson bossing it, Horgan non-stop graft, Kashket absolute handful, Fred well pumped up. This team is heroic!

I for one am glad to see that my worries about us being woefully short have not come to pass.

Great credit to Gareth, who said he'd learn what the division is like after the month of losses, and he's done it in rapid time!

• must say so impressed with Knight...Phil made reference that he reminds him of Mawson...totally see that too

• That was epic. Again, it reminded me much more of the past few seasons. Once we equalised, we were, I thought, largely dominant and very positive. Lots of great performances. Lots of players suddenly looking like they don't mind having the ball at their feet when, in the first few games, it was a little embarrassing seeing us in possession.

• Just scanned through sky's live reporting..

"Wycombe are finally level no more then they deserve"

"Wycombe denied a clear penalty"

"Wycombe take the lead it's been coming"

• All the best Gareth and get well soon! Thank you Dobbo and all the Team (on and off field). So proud.