Skip to content

Match day thread: Norwich

Comments

• Great first half after looking dead and buried. Hope that referee has a think at halftime. Awfully inconsistent. Anyone who thinks these players are going down without a fight is watching a different game. Trevor just has to be a troll. He has become unbelievable even by his standards

• Very good half. Stewart and Kashkett really should have at least got their headers on target and although the pull on Fred was minor, it is clear and should be a pen. We’ve had no luck at all so far this season with refereeing decisions. I think it was the same defender that had just been booked too (?) so presumably that would have been a sending of.

Horgan really provides some quality in attack. A couple of great turns and decent crosses. The more we can get him on the ball the better.

I was very concerned after 6-7 minutes. Norwich have some terrific players and were slicing through us with ease at some points.Thank goodness we didn’t concede again soon after the first. Since then we have been excellent.

Good to see Gareth and all the subs waiting to give the officials some friendly advice in the tunnel at HT.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Great first half after looking dead and buried. Hope that referee has a think at halftime. Awfully inconsistent. Anyone who thinks these players are going down without a fight is watching a different game. Trevor just has to be a troll. He has become unbelievable even by his standards

Yep - I for one will now adopt an ignore policy.
    I've long been convinced it's one of the "main" posters running the trevor account as a second WUM account, so need to stop falling into the trap of wanting to correct nonsense :)

Roll on a 2-1 Wycombe? Or is that getting a bit wild?

• As @bluntphil has to remain reasonably objective in a BBC way I am quite enjoying Ballroom Bill. Sorry @Doob and @Malone

• How are possession stats worked out? 22pc for us seems unfair...

• I don't like moaning about refs........ but wtf is going on with this c#nt?

• so impressed with that first half performance - this continues the progress we have made every game

• @Wendoverman said:
    As @bluntphil has to remain reasonably objective in a BBC way I am quite enjoying Ballroom Bill. Sorry @Doob and @Malone

My favourite one was when JJ had fouled someone, and he reckoned their man had "gone down off his foot"

• @OnOurWay said:
    How are possession stats worked out? 22pc for us seems unfair...

Did seem a bit low!!

• @floyd said:
    I don’t mind refs missing stuff, because of course they will, but this inconsistency is horrendous. And whatever Farke can have to complain about boggles the mind.

Farque knows. (with acknowledgment to Lineker)

• @Chris said:
    I don’t think a loanee has impressed me as much as Adeniran since Mawson.

Obofohr eat your heart out (but we thought you were great) sorry, can't recall first name.

• @trevor said:
    Every game everyone blames ref can't have bad ref every game surely

Only you could come up with a comment like that.

• Whoops! Ofobohr,

• I really like how emotional and biased Bill sounds. That's what i'd be like commentating.

• And Nnamdi ?

• Tough second half coming. I’d imagine Norwich had two or three more gears

• @drcongo said:
    This ref wants fucking shooting.

I've always said that from previous experiences watching this ref, that he was bullied at school, (being the little squirt), now is his time for payback!

• This is definitely the most balanced we’ve been all season.

• Krul has a mistake in him i feel.

• Fred has been very good today

• Do our commentary boys have a terrible viewing position or something?
    Bill is repeatedly calling things like corners and throw ins wrong?!

• @thedieharder said:
    Fred has been very good today

Thought he did well at Reading as well

• @floyd said:
    I really like how emotional and biased Bill sounds. That's what i'd be like commentating.

Exactly my thoughts earlier!

• Just had a brief visit to Norwich fans forum.... they also believe we shouldve had a penalty and they should be a man down

• I love Bill on the commentary.

• Grimmer and Knight are both having a day.

• is that a bona fide way of saying a good day or did you do a micra and unwittingly leave out the adjective - eg great or brilliant ?!

• It’s probably an Americanism. But the adjective is assumed.

• @micra said:
    is that a bona fide way of saying a good day or did you do a micra and unwittingly leave out the adjective - eg great or brilliant ?!

Must be the equivalent of "scenes", which doesn't actually specify whether the scenes are good or bad, but is taken to mean "incredible scenes".

It's all moved onto limbs though of course.

• I never hear ‘scenes,’ without hearing ‘sickening.’