Skip to content

Match day thread: Norwich

Comments

• @floyd said:
    Haha, well played @malone!

Haha cheers bud - I took your point on board from the other day though, so I'm back positive :)

• I have the feeling that Ache is a bit off being selected & Taf is a long term one as well! Really hope I am wrong, but our history under Gaz with injuries isn't good. Can't think of too many days when we have taken any chances bringing back players early. Sincerely hope I am wrong with the pessimism!

• 3.0 Norwich can't see where getting any points from our team simply inst anywhere near good enough the fact where playing bloomfield in this league is pathetic.

• Not as pathetic as your English. DOFL!

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Not as pathetic as your English. DOFL!

I'm only saying the truth ffs you think most of the team is good enough then your one thick loser.

• @trevor said:

@EwanHoosaami said:
    Not as pathetic as your English. DOFL!

I'm only saying the truth ffs you think most of the team is good enough then your one thick loser.

"You're"

• edited October 2020

@EwanHoosaami said:
    I have the feeling that Ache is a bit off being selected & Taf is a long term one as well! Really hope I am wrong, but our history under Gaz with injuries isn't good. Can't think of too many days when we have taken any chances bringing back players early. Sincerely hope I am wrong with the pessimism!

Uche was surely brought in as a key starting striker, so I suppose the fact Gareth has been quoted as saying we're after a striker is either worrying, or we're going to be playing 2 up front a bit more this season!

These injury woes this season make that season after Torquay seem even more incredible.
    We were literally working off a 15man squad back then, with a few extra bodies who had very little chance of playing slightly filling the bench, but not always.

Those players must have been clattered and still turned out every week.

• Uche on the bench! Yes!

And the front 3 or 4 that everyone has wanted to see.

Let's see how this pans out

• edited October 2020
  • That's exactly the right team i think.

We gave it a good try setting up in the same way as last season. 4-5-1 without the ball should at least help counter the threat of their midfield and plenty of options on the bench to change it.

• Is Chairboys live not very live today? Matt C at AP.

• No senior CB on the bench is a bit worrying

• Phillips is a senior CB isn't he?

• @floyd Kind of, but he's definitely more 'developing' than Knight - even though he's older.

• Maybe 'senior' was the wrong term - it's just he's fifth choice CB and very much still making his way in the pro game. There's a good player in there, I'd just be worried about us having to throw him into the game today!

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Maybe 'senior' was the wrong term - it's just he's fifth choice CB and very much still making his way in the pro game. There's a good player in there, I'd just be worried about us having to throw him into the game today!

If you're 5th choice, 2 play, 2 injured (presumably), you're on the bench, not sure what point you are trying to make. If it's that we could do with more or better players that's kind of been done. If Phillips can't be trusted to be 5th choice and on the bench occasionally you wonder why he has a contract.

• We managed to keep it secret from Norwich that Gape, McCarthy and Tafazolli are still out and Ikpeazu is only on the bench so presumably well canter to three points now

• @eric_plant said:
    We managed to keep it secret from Norwich that Gape, McCarthy and Tafazolli are still out and Ikpeazu is only on the bench so presumably well canter to three points now

Canter Well plays for them

• Am I alone in half-thinking we'll bring Bayo AND Uche on?

• edited October 2020

@chairboyscentral said:
    No senior CB on the bench is a bit worrying

Presumably a niggle on top of his usual condition.

With Tafazolli, McCarthy and now Charles presumably injured we're absolutely down to the bones there.

Not sure if any of the youngster development guys are defenders?

ps just remembered/saw Phillips on there!
    As he played a number of games last year, we can't count him as some sort of "b teamer". He is part of the squad and thus able to step in.

• I don't think McCarthy is really a CB these days, RB/RWB or maybe even a midfielder in time. Really hope Tafazolli isn't long-term, looked great against Swansea.

• Scotty K looks to be loving life in the warm up.
    Hope he gets after Hanley today.

I don't think McCarthy is really a CB these days, RB/RWB or maybe even a midfielder in time. Really hope Tafazolli isn't long-term, looked great against Swansea.

Do you think we’ve only got Knight on a three month loan because Taff is out for three months?

• @floyd said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    I don't think McCarthy is really a CB these days, RB/RWB or maybe even a midfielder in time. Really hope Tafazolli isn't long-term, looked great against Swansea.

Do you think we’ve only got Knight on a three month loan because Taff is out for three months?

Nothing to suggest that. Bloody hope not!

@floyd said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Nothing to suggest that. Bloody hope not!

Hope you're right. That was my first thought.

• Oh dear my first ifollow away and its not workibg for me. Everyone else okay?

• Is that an example of the "package" that was mentioned in the media recently, where you can pay loads to watch the game from within the ground?

Or will those packages actually let you see the game properly?

• @Malone said:
    Is that an example of the "package" that was mentioned in the media recently, where you can pay loads to watch the game from within the ground?

Or will those packages actually let you see the game properly?

Allowing in corporate types properly even behind glass isn't legal yet. I don't think.