Skip to content

Match day thread: Reading

Comments

• edited October 2020

If we had a large squad you could say it was to keep the opposite side getting knowledge about who's going to play against them.... But with our squad it's pretty self explanatory.... And most teams sadly won't have too much fear about us changing our lineup

• Anyway.... SOD IT!! COYB!!!! LETS GIVE THEM A GAME!!!!!!

• Those complaining about the lack of information regarding injuries should remember that publishing this news could help the opposition. I deal with football managers every week and they are all equally reticent when it comes to revealing who is fit and who isn’t, unless it’s an obvious long term injury like Van Dijk at Liverpool.

• Phil’s co-commentator is making it sound like we’re playing Barcelona. Which is already how Reading fans regard themselves.

• Are we late out again?

• @eric_plant said:
    Drives me mad that the club give zero information or updates on injured players

It's quite pathetic

Couldn't agree more. It's disrespectful to fans to say nothing when key players vanish without trace for weeks on end.

• COME ON WYCOMBE!!! This is a must win, otherwise my neighbour will give me no end of grief

• I’m stuck with Reading commentary on iFollow and can’t remember or find how I switch it. Any ideas?

• @arnos_grove
    Bottom corner to the right of the volume control, click the wheel, select audio and then select away.

• Watching on the sky red button with no sound or ability to delay to get audio synched

• Switched to Chrome - cog not showing on Safari. Cheers @floyd

• I'm on iFollow but game won't load...

• @HCblue said:
    I'm on iFollow but game won't load...

Have messaged support but not heard back yet. Anyone got any advice, not least about how to get a refund, assuming it doesn't start working?

• @glasshalffull said:
    Those complaining about the lack of information regarding injuries should remember that publishing this news could help the opposition. I deal with football managers every week and they are all equally reticent when it comes to revealing who is fit and who isn’t, unless it’s an obvious long term injury like Van Dijk at Liverpool.

Also, you probably know exactly how long they're out for so doesn't really affect you

• Frustrating not to be able to synchronise Phil with Sky but commentator on Sky but latter ok. Miss the humour of course.
    Good passing performance from Wycombe so far.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Those complaining about the lack of information regarding injuries should remember that publishing this news could help the opposition. I deal with football managers every week and they are all equally reticent when it comes to revealing who is fit and who isn’t, unless it’s an obvious long term injury like Van Dijk at Liverpool.

Gape and Uche are now drifting into 'obvious long term injury'. The constant hints of a return in the official preview pieces on club website dont help much when they dont appear for another number of weeks after.

• Who is alongside @bluntphil on iPlayer?

• Feels like we're having a lot of the ball so far tonight. And dare I say, passing it well.

• Curtis Thompson is a fabulous footballer.

• @peterparrotface said:
    Who is alongside @bluntphil on iPlayer?

I thought it was you!

• How did their four not get a booking there?

• @drcongo said:
    Curtis Thompson is a fabulous footballer.

Notts County let him go

Let that sink in

• Current BBC Stats make interesting reading! Possession percentages look a bit generous to Reading.

• A little disappointed that Broomfield can just it seems walk back into the side after suspension.. surely the team showed enough at the weekend to warrant him on the bench

• @eric_plant said:

@glasshalffull said:

Also, you probably know exactly how long they're out for so doesn't really affect you

I genuinely have no idea.

• It seemed to good to be true, a free i-follow pass for midweek away games in addition to our home games! Not even any sound, just the text commentary.

• Really impressive first half - well organised - working hard for each other - more shots and the only 2 on target COYB

• Anyway, excellent half by the boys and we were equally as good as Reading if not better. Certainly had more efforts on goal.