Skip to content

Match day thread: Reading

Comments

• Reading are a really good footballing side. We will need to be at our very best today with everyone firing on all cylinders.

COYBs

• Reading has a football club?

• I love this team but that was garbage. I love gareth and dobbo but what a terrible lineup. We'll never score a goal with this shower most of whom I love.We need new signings. What is going on? Where's the money gone?You may all think this is acceptable but I dont. I know I'm going to be shot down but we'll be lucky to get a point this season.
    (Just thought I would get all of that over early doors and save some posters from RSI.)?

• Original stuff

• Thanks eric its good to be unpredictable like what we are, eh?

• Well we are owed two "phantom goals", so maybe we can take them for this game?

• I can’t remember who said it but I am definitely going to try my best to ignore the stuck records this evening.

• Club should announce "Orange Evening" - only way to watch Reading v Wycombe

• Did ayone know that Josh Laurent was in our academy once?

• I want to complain about the money spent on the new floodlights. They were obviously not good enough as the officials peered through the gloom and couldn’t see that Joe Jacobsons goal was perfectly ok. What a waste sack the board sack the Manager sack everybody.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I love this team but that was garbage. I love gareth and dobbo but what a terrible lineup. We'll never score a goal with this shower most of whom I love.We need new signings. What is going on? Where's the money gone?You may all think this is acceptable but I dont. I know I'm going to be shot down but we'll be lucky to get a point this season.
    (Just thought I would get all of that over early doors and save some posters from RSI.)?

Saved me a watch pal.
    6 defeats from 6..still early days they say..and we're getting better every week(despite clearly not)

See you saturday.

• I know its not really that important, but any idea why we are kicking off at 8pm, and every other match is 7:45 ?

• Think Reading normally kick off at 8pm midweek. Maybe a nod to their brief stint on the top flight?

Will be a late finish with all the injury time

We are going to do alright tonight.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    I know its not really that important, but any idea why we are kicking off at 8pm, and every other match is 7:45 ?

I think normally they do this time because the traffic is awful around there midweek, but could be wrong. Not that many fans will be late for KO tonight though ?

• If we had only bought that 20 million pound striker we need, we'd be top of the league. So short-sighted to start a B team.

• Actually really looking forward to this game, Reading have everything to lose after such a good start - come on Wycombe !!

• We are playing so much better every game, but unless this match is to be refereed by Sherlock Holmes with Columbo and Miss Marple running the lines, I remain petrified.

• Hoping we don’t go in all guns blazing and instead focus on the counter-attack, which I think we have the pace to carry off. There were a lot of positive signs on Saturday but I’d still be very happy with a point tonight.

• I’ve got a spare ifollow code if anybody wants it. Should work on any account I think, I won it with EFL Rewards.

• The game "seems' to be available to me via my iFollow account without me inputting the code. Maybe the software is AI based and is learning.........???

• Bloomfield and Horgan in for Wheeler and Fred

• Still no Gape, still no Ikpeazu, still no Parker

• An update would be nice....

• Horgan and Kashket to score. Come on!

• Drives me mad that the club give zero information or updates on injured players

It's quite pathetic

• It really is frustrating.

• Surely Wheeler would be a better bet than Samuel upfront. He has a more physical presence, would win a few headers and has better control. Are we just unlucky with injuries at the moment but we need an update.

• I wish I could be there. Not been there since... Wow... 02...03 maybe??? I know we lost.... Andy rammel scored one for us...

• Totally agree, it's the one thing they do massively wrong

• Or McCarthy