Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Championship Manager Sackings

Well, well, weel, those of you who had a punt on Sabri Lamouchi at Forest being the first to go will be seeing a nice pay day from the bookies.

Apparently Chris Houghton has been appointed in his place.

So much for thos pundits who thought GA would go first - how little they understand our club culture.

Comments

• Writing on wall after falling away last term ansd starting so badly. Houghton not very inspiring but he's done it (promotion) thrice before so probably a good call.

• Payoffs and buying in new management staff will.probably cost more than our whole season's outgoings!

• Iā€™m n> @Erroll_Sims said:

Well, well, weel, those of you who had a punt on Sabri Lamouchi at Forest being the first to go will be seeing a nice pay day from the bookies.

Hold your horses...

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2020/october/struber-departs/

Admittedly he went of his own accord but Iā€™m not sure how the bookies frame the question

• And Sabri had hired a whole new coaching team over the (very short) summer break, presumably they will all lose their jobs too?

• I think the announcements about sackings are longer and more heartfelt in the Championship Manager game, 18 words (including his name) and a replacement named 30 minutes later.

• It's always something like "Club X would like to place on record their gratitude for the efforts of Manager X, and he will always be considered part of the Club X family."

For once, I would love to see something like "Club X fans will remember that 5-0 home loss last November, especially those two illogical substitutions. It was at that point we realized Manager X was not up to it. However, we gave him a few more chances, and he continued to be awful, so we sacked him."

• @Shev said:
    It's always something like "Club X would like to place on record their gratitude for the efforts of Manager X, and he will always be considered part of the Club X family."

For once, I would love to see something like "Club X fans will remember that 5-0 home loss last November, especially those two illogical substitutions. It was at that point we realized Manager X was not up to it. However, we gave him a few more chances, and he continued to be awful, so we sacked him."

Club Spokesman commented "We recognise he came highly recommended and had achieved some success elsewhere but we found him to be gobby, tactically inept and not someone who's company you'd enjoy"

Assistant coach Mr X added "He was a bit of an arse really and few of the players liked or respected him"

Our owner added "I gave that sod millions and we aren't in the Premier League, must be his fault entirely"

The captain wished to add "no idea what he was on about most of the time, can't believe he dropped me"